Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

concreteveins

Montreal Canadiens Stress

Canadiens Stress Test   79 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your stress for the Habs on a scale of 1 - 10

• 1 - 2 (You like the team but they don't really stress you out at all)
    • 3 - 5 (You watch the team a little more intensely and you only stress about the major things that happen)
    • 5 - 7 (Your a genuine fan and question most of the move made by the team including the coach, GM and players but are able to detach from the insanity at will)
    • 8 - 10 (Your a hardcore fan and you think about how you can keep from thinking about the team)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 posts in this topic

I have started this thread because I have read some posts that people have taken off work for deadline day. As it is around trade deadline time and the stretch drive into the playoffs, I am just curious to see how many people get really stressed out about this team.

Are you one of those people that if the team doesn't win can you sleep for long periods at night or do you simply shrug it off and wait for the next game? Do you spend a lot of time in the negative thread? Do you check TSN or RDS or HABS I/O all the time for updates? Are you addicted? Or are you able to detach from the Habs life and find peace?

Just curious.

They don't stress me out but why doesn't that make me a hardcore fan as according to your poll.

They don't stress me out but why doesn't that make me a hardcore fan as according to your poll.

Yeah...hardcore fan was a poor choice of words.

I agree, the wording isnt right. Id say im a hardcore fan...but im also just that: a fan. I dont work for the organization, Im not paid by them - i like to watch them win but I dont get 'stressed' over it. IMHO if you're getting stressed over them, you need to find other things in your life. Sure we all get down after a loss - and the last loss of the playoffs is good for a bummer for a few days, but its just a GAME.

I'll give you a for example: the day that i started avoiding coming to the boards (stressed? maybe - more that it felt tedious) was the day I resigned as a moderator. Hockey should be about fun. ;)

this is why people have to fill out their profiles and add personal statements and in fact do everything that the board offers.

yeah of course hockey is important to us or we wouldn't be on the forum and this is our team.

I agree, the wording isnt right. Id say im a hardcore fan...but im also just that: a fan. I dont work for the organization, Im not paid by them - i like to watch them win but I dont get 'stressed' over it. IMHO if you're getting stressed over them, you need to find other things in your life. Sure we all get down after a loss - and the last loss of the playoffs is good for a bummer for a few days, but its just a GAME.

I'll give you a for example: the day that i started avoiding coming to the boards (stressed? maybe - more that it felt tedious) was the day I resigned as a moderator. Hockey should be about fun. ;)

Well some do take it seriously, especially those with nothing in their life like to grasp onto a team with a winning history because it gives them something positibe to attribute to their lives (pathetic, but this is sometimes an action of fans of big-market/very good past and present teams such as Yankees, Lakers etc.)

I actually do take sports and sports operations seriously (since its what I aspire to be, unrealistic or not), but like you said, when things are out of your control, stressing over them is futile.

Whenever we lose, especially if we don't play hard and it's embarrassing, I get super stressed and depressed.

I get stressed out, I nearly had a heartattack last year in the playoffs but like if we lose (in the regular season) I don't get worried unless we're in serious danger of missing the playoffs. I love hockey, Summers are a very annoying time for me since there's generally nothing to do and missing the playoffs just makes the wait for the regular season even longer. I won't watch other teams though, I don't like it.

Stress is for OT in the Playoffs. Even casual fans get stressed at that point but for us hardcore ones that write on these boards because the habs are destracting us from real life, we feel it deeper and earlier in the seeason like say....the trade deadline <_<

Stress is for OT in the Playoffs. Even casual fans get stressed at that point but for us hardcore ones that write on these boards because the habs are destracting us from real life, we feel it deeper and earlier in the seeason like say....the trade deadline <_<

Like, let's say, game day.... draft day... trade deadline day... days between game days.... when we're in a slump... ummm, you get the picture. :P

yeah of course hockey is important to us or we wouldn't be on the forum and this is our team.

You got it dude, :D

I have a friend at work,habs fan.

She just doesn't get why i never come to work being really upset & trippin out,after a bad habs game/performance.

Yes,i do display my displeasure's like many others at times when it comes to our habs.

There was a time when i guess i was like her.

Cursing & swearing ,shutting off the tv before the game was over.

Picking just certain games to watch when the habs were playing,crazy eh. :lol:

I guess i do not really find myself freaking out big time if the habs lose,man,there's people who throw things at their tv,or even throw the darn tv :lol:

I am glad for coming across this forum.It can be very therapeutic at times ,being able to let off a little steam,and vent on our likes/dislikes of our habs,and sharing with other habfans my opinions,whether we agree or disagree,it's all about us showing our passion for the game,for our habs.

I for one never miss a habs game,but.....

They better not let me downnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :D

GOHABSGO

Being some distance from the situation, it is a bit easier to detach myself from the day-to-day goings on. However, I have had some doubts about some of the moves they have made recently, but my bigger concern is that they don't do something to really fortify their lineup at the trade deadline. This team needs all the offense it can get, and also needs another blueliner or two with some muscle and toughness. It may not all come at the trade deadline, but if they don't make any serious off-season moves with some of their guys going into UFA, then we have a big problem on our hands.

1st half of the season: 5-7, second half: 8-10, playoffs: 90-100. :P

Stress level during a game: 100/10 (not necessarily negative stress though)

Stress level in between games: -100/10

Stress me to no end. I live breath and think sleep habs... Today really bothers me cause them team right now has a lot of short comings......

one to be exact giving up 4o plus shots per game.

I used to religiously watch them, in my younger days .

Now I'm relatistic to know this team isn't very good, and hasn't been very good for ages so whatever happens , happens .

I would love to see them do well but I' m not going to get stressed out over something I have no control over

I have been fortunate to have watched a lot of great Canadiens hockey; the best being in the 1970s. In my opinion nothing will ever measure up to those teams.

As for getting stressed out over a game played by millionaires; I am too old for that. There are more important things in life; It is just a game after all. :lol:

As for getting stressed out over a game played by millionaires; I am too old for that. There are more important things in life; It is just a game after all. :lol:

:lol: yea,less stress & you'll live longer.

Being madly in love is the only thing that stresses me. Hockey comes as a very far third, behind the job.

I'm pretty damn invested in my hockey team, but it's not the end of the world for me if they do good or bad. I feel like I can detach myself pretty easily from the concern THIS club raises sometimes. I feel bad for the over-50s who might have heart conditions, though. :lol:

Whenever we lose, especially if we don't play hard and it's embarrassing, I get super stressed and depressed.

+1 :(

Being some distance from the situation, it is a bit easier to detach myself from the day-to-day goings on. However, I have had some doubts about some of the moves they have made recently, but my bigger concern is that they don't do something to really fortify their lineup at the trade deadline. This team needs all the offense it can get, and also needs another blueliner or two with some muscle and toughness. It may not all come at the trade deadline, but if they don't make any serious off-season moves with some of their guys going into UFA, then we have a big problem on our hands.

That was my original quote, and guess what? They didn't make any significant moves to improve their lineup. And they will probably lose some of the guys that will be UFAs at the end of the season.

I'va always thought that the system employed by the Habs and the players signed were not a good match... the "SYSTEM" simply puts undo pressure on all the players that do not have the appropriate skills to implement it physically.

The only time I get stressed is when the Habs lose and I have to delete a million posts and send warnings to people. Other than that, I've waited 15 years for the Habs to win the cup, so what's another 15, it'll fly by real quick :lol:

The only time I get stressed is when the Habs lose and I have to delete a million posts and send warnings to people. Other than that, I've waited 15 years for the Habs to win the cup, so what's another 15, it'll fly by real quick :lol:

:lol: Good one Bro!!

15 years??? In 15 years my brain may be to the point that I forget to turn on the TV - so I'm going to miss it??

I don't STRESS over anything I don't have CONTROL over!