Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

concreteveins

Montreal Canadiens Stress

Canadiens Stress Test   79 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your stress for the Habs on a scale of 1 - 10

• 1 - 2 (You like the team but they don't really stress you out at all)
    • 3 - 5 (You watch the team a little more intensely and you only stress about the major things that happen)
    • 5 - 7 (Your a genuine fan and question most of the move made by the team including the coach, GM and players but are able to detach from the insanity at will)
    • 8 - 10 (Your a hardcore fan and you think about how you can keep from thinking about the team)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 posts in this topic

Know what really stresses me about my team?The disgraceful ways of managing and coaching that two of my favourite Habs players are showing !Bob Gainey remains as my absolute 1st choice to build a "fantasy team"from a long list of all-time players.He was considered the most complete player by admirers all over the world ,especially Russians.There are numerous superstars with tons more skill to choose from as his team-mates on this fantasy team,but any team would have been instantly better with Gainey in his prime on it.

As a GM,unfortunately,he has dissapointed me greatly!I find it hard to believe and accept that he can make such ridiculous decisions/non-decisions.I have been a Canadiens fan for approx.55years and ,I guess I'll not be able to change that,but I have to say that I am so disgusted with the mismanagement of my team in this special season that I'm not sure I will be able to follow them for the balance of this schedule.If by some miracle,they manage to scrape into the playoffs,I know I won't be able to resist watching them even though I know they don't have a prayer of getting out of the 1st round.

If this is what you would call being stressed out over the Habs,then yes.I'm guilty. :rolleyes:

I'm hard core and I think the players are pathetic. Talented bunch of pansies.

I love the Gainey Carb duo but I am starting to question the coach.

For the Ontario March break I got a pair of GREAT seats to see the Habs at the Bell Centre and I am not looking forward to watching these clowns playing. I paid over $300 and..............

im a hockey fan. i love hockey. i love my habs. ive been a fan and followed along even as they disgraced and traded my favourite player and boyhood hero.....i was a fan and followed along through the entire aftermath, all those crappy teams of the 90's.....the andereas dackell years.......the theodore years.....ive watched us climb all the way back to respectability and its nice.

all along, i get sad when they stink, or frustrated when they lose a game they might have won, or get bounced from the playoffs, but on the whole im a fan and im an adult and i know if they stink they stink and it doesnt really matter at the end of the day. as a fan you just wish for a team that has a chance to win, praying for an 82-0 season and a flawless cup run is obviously a waste of time. its a cap league now, which really levels the field, and like i said i just want a team thats quality and can compete, i know they will lose games and go through slumps.

all that being said, this year has become stressful for me, unlike any other year, even the bad ones. why? we have the best roster ive seen in 15 years, and we have not been able to see what they can at all this year, because our coach is so mind bogglingly incompetent. when we stank....we stank! we had lousy players, and it wasnt a shock that we lost. this year? the team is actually good! i really really like this team! i like every one of our players. we should be having a great year..... instead, we struggle and struggle and theres no reason for it other than our coach. so to sit here this tear and watch a good team struggle because the system they are trying to play is stupid, because the lines are stupid, because the ice time distribution is stupid, and on and on and on....i find myself getting genuinely stressed about the team for the first time in 15 years. its like being in a band with 5 other amazing musicians but your singer is horrible. you will never sound good, and by all rights you should. its unfair to the fans and its frustrating. im praying bob does the right thing after our inevitable early end to the year/

I used to be so hardcore, I'd be kept up at night whenever we'd lose badly. I was that way until I got a job, and I missed a bunch of games as a result. There was a point where I'd come home and find out the habs were losing so often, I got used to them losing, and I stopped really caring if we lost, although, I'm still totally hardcore when we score or win. It also helped to start posting more regularly on this forum, and expressing my opinions, instead of just thinking them up and having them stay in my head uselessly.

EDIT: Who's the lame person who put themselves in the 1-2 category? :P

My wife can tell by the way I act whether the Habs are winning or losing; have won or lost; and if there's a game that night without having to say a word. That's pretty scary!!!

Yeah it's bad I try not to but it matters to me how the habs perform.I am disappointed in recent years.Who isn't?Now I just want to see them make the playoffs and go from there because things happen in the playoffs and you just never know.I honestly think this team needs to aquire Lecavalier before it's to late.I think about that to much. :lol:

I'm like all other hab fans I want more Stanley Cups.Now!!! :lol:

Being a die-hard fan for 40 yrs,if i haven't been able to deal with the stress that comes along being a habs fan,i would have been locked up in the cookoo bin by now :lol:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my habs.

Hard to say, I might actually fit under 1-2 in the sense only those exceptionally well fought close net games stress me out nowadays. My last majory "on the edge of your seat, praying" moment with this team was the 6-5 comeback of the century over New York. This probably has to do with the fact I now watch quite a vast amount of hockey and have no true favorite even if I support the Habs.

Lately I have been cheering heavily for Chicago, Vancouver... and Boston. You can all hate me for that last one. :P

Oh yeah, I think its repressed because it only creeps in when I'm trying to fall asleep. :blink:

My wife can tell by the way I act whether the Habs are winning or losing; have won or lost; and if there's a game that night without having to say a word. That's pretty scary!!!

So true with my GF!

I'm going to die early because I get so stressed...I'm going to get a panic attack!

The only time I get stressed is when the Habs lose and I have to delete a million posts and send warnings to people. Other than that, I've waited 15 years for the Habs to win the cup, so what's another 15, it'll fly by real quick :lol:

haha...sorry! :lol:

Hardcore

I eat breath and sleep Habs all season and even in the off season... I have an entire room in my house dedicated to them and even named my dog "Kovy"... I collect Canadiens memorabilia and autographs.

trouble sleeping sometimes when i start thinking about everything

but this time of the year is always hard to cope with anyway

Hardcore

I eat breath and sleep Habs all season and even in the off season... I have an entire room in my house dedicated to them and even named my dog "Kovy"... I collect Canadiens memorabilia and autographs.

that's some hardcore right there, although my girl did want to rename our dog Carey Price.

Oh and thank gawd I'm not the only one who loses sleep.

Do I get stressed by this team? Hmmm...

Well, I'm 18 years old (turning 19 in a week or so) and I have a full head of gray hair.

LOL Jks, but yeah I do get stressed out sometimes.

Am i stressed,am i stressed,am i stressed,am i stressed,am i stressed, am i stressed,am i stressedddddddddddddddddddd?

Do ya think ????? <_<