Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChitownHabby

Toughest Job In Pro Sports?

Who has the hardest job in Pro sports?   37 members have voted

1. 1. Who has it the toughest?

• Habs number 1 goalie
    • Yankees Manager
    • Lakers franchise player
    • Cowboys starting QB
    • Habs head coach
    • Yankees highest paid player
    • Cowboys Public relations director
    • NFL commissioner
    • NBA commissioner
    • NHL commissioner
    • MLB comissioner
    • Nascar points leader
    • Number 1 ranked Tennis player
    • Tiger Woods
    • Other; specify

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 posts in this topic

Goalie for the Habs is definitely near the top if not at the top.

QB in NY (Jets or Giants) has to be scrutinized pretty heavily.

jedi: my job as a doc in downtown detroit is certainly harder than being carey price. That is obvious but I was curious about a fantasy world question. I'm sure all of our jobs are harder than playing a game we all bleed for free to play, their job is clearly easier than anything in the real world. I still think Alex Rodriguez has the toughest job. Commercials, scandals, paparazzi, steroids...he definitely has more pressure than anyone in north american pro sports. I must give a nod to those who brought up international football. I neglected its literal life or death pressure.

I knew your intent Chitown (didnt realize you were a doctor!) and thats why i mentioned I was going off tangent. I just felt it should be put into context as I sometimes think (even those of us with stressful jobs) we find ourselves musing "oh it would be so tough being that guy" - when in reality we shouldnt really be feeling sorry for them.

Of course the world of pro sports is a fantasy one - heck, I get a chuckle every time one of us (myself included) says something like "well, Josh Gorges is great value at $1m" Hell, my dad has a PhD and earns a very comfortable living but it would take him 11 years to make as much money as Gorges does in one season!

Back on topic:

The one thing that I think should be mentioned is that with all of these positions - they may be hard, they may be stressful - but if you're winning, you are KING.

Yeah, I think I have to go with superstar soccer player in [insert name of crazy European/South American soccer nation here]. :P:lol:

As of 3 weeks ago, the quarterback for the Buffalo Bills. He now has to deal with Terrell Owens!!!!!! good luck Trent Edwards. LOL