Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

justreal

Who Are We Facing In The Playoffs??

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to face in the playoffs?

• Boston
    • Washington

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

Who are we facing in the Playoffs??

..i think i'd prefer facing the Caps, but dont mind facing Boston...

If Markov is not back on time...I prefer Boston. we can't hanndle the Ovechkin line without #79.

I also think we have a mental edge agaisnt Boston...especially in the playoffs. the pressure will be all on them for not only being the #1 seed; but also knowing the history between the 2 teams. lastly, some of our key players seem extra motivated against Boston...especially Kovy and Komi.

If Markov is not back on time...I prefer Boston. we can't hanndle the Ovechkin line without #79.

I also think we have a mental edge agaisnt Boston...especially in the playoffs. the pressure will be all on them for not only being the #1 seed; but also knowing the history between the 2 teams. lastly, some of our key players seem extra motivated against Boston...especially Kovy and Komi.

Both teams scare me. Boston pretty much handed us our butts on a plate this season. So I doubt they will be thinking history and such. More then likely, they will just see us as in their way to round 2. I hate to sound this pessimistic, but the 2nd half of the season has truly been craptactular. We are exaclty in the other team's shoes from last season. Only this year, Tim is the wall and Carey is the swiss cheese.

Does not matter to me at this point.

One game at a time,one team at a time.

It's all going to be physical,most teams tend to find a way to play at a higher level.

Just glad that were in,that at least now we will have our chance to try to make a difference.

Goaltending needs to be nothing less that spectacular.

Playoffs-all about upsets,higer level top-notched physical hockey.

Here's to our habs,good luck & bring it on.

GOHABSGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

After last night's game, I'm more and more leaning on facing Boston and precisely for the reasons you've stated. Regardless of the loss last night, it was a great game and we played hard. I say Boston.

After last night's game, I'm more and more leaning on facing Boston and precisely for the reasons you've stated. Regardless of the loss last night, it was a great game and we played hard. I say Boston.

Agree...I mean both teams are good, I dont see that it would make a difference if its the Caps or Bos, they are both good...but I know that we could still manage against BOS since we know them more and know how to play them more than the Caps...Ovechkin kinda scares me...hehehe..

Anyway whether its Caps or Bos, we should take each game at a time.

GO HABS GO!!!!

I'd like to face Washington in the first round, just so we have Markov when we face Boston.

I prefer washington, we only need to focus on #8, and i'm sure we can stop him without markov. But boston we need to focus on much more than just one player, and not having markov with us can make a difference. And yesterday's game was one of the only 2 we had that turned out to be a good game for us. Not good odds.

I honestly wanna face the caps, the Big Bad bruins would just play dirty and injur everyone.

Im not afraid to face the bruins cause they're just a big joke, but I say the Caps. :D

I'd like to face Washington in the first round, just so we have Markov when we face Boston.

Yeah, Markov would be good to play against the Bruins, we also need Big Laraque to beat Lucic,Thorton.

I wouldn't mind playing either team. Yesterday, we made it to OT without Markov, our best defenceman, Laraque, our best fighter, and Lang, our best forward (before he got injured) Anyone know if he will be back for the playoffs?

It would be a huge boost to get Lang back as he is a right handed shot for the PP. I don't know what his status is though. So far nothing has been said so I doubt he will be back.

I wouldn't mind playing either team. Yesterday, we made it to OT without Markov, our best defenceman, Laraque, our best fighter, and Lang, our best forward (before he got injured) Anyone know if he will be back for the playoffs?

They said on L'antichambre Lang will be out for the playoffs too, But Buillon might come back

I want Washington, all the way. Boston is dirty and I doubt we can match their team toughness. I'd rather see Boston vs Sean Avery. :D

With Washington...shut down Ovechkin and they're extremely average.

Most likely BOSTON...cause I think Saturday we will be resting some key guys.

I don't want to go into the playoffs losing and I think beating Pitts would be good for the boys. So that would most likely mean Washington, unless NY pulls of a miracle beating Philly at home.

After last nights game, if we face Boston in the playoffs, I guarantee a long series that will showcase the mutual hatred these two have for each other, it would be one of the classic series in NHL history if we saw 7 games like last nights (but with Montreal winning....of course).

But a series against Washington and the OV show would be amazing...especially if we were able to stick it to Theo!

I picked Wasington because ther goaltending sucks and if we stop ovechkin, we win.

I picked Wasington because ther goaltending sucks and if we stop ovechkin, we win.

Yep...and Mike Green, and Backstrom...Semin too. So if we stop those guys, we'll do fine...and that is under the assumption that their goaltending sucks.

I want it to be Boston just for the fact that these teams simply hate eachother and it'd be a crazy series.

I want Washington, all the way. Boston is dirty and I doubt we can match their team toughness. I'd rather see Boston vs Sean Avery. :D

With Washington...shut down Ovechkin and they're extremely average.

but how? It's not like we have Markov although I wish we did.

With Washington, we have to be able to take advantage of their so-so defense and let the fans get into Theo's head. ;)

The only way that we can face Washington in the first round is if:

we get a win vs. the Pens on Saturday and the Rangers lose (in regulation or OT) vs. the Flyers on Sunday

OR

we lose in OT vs. the Pens on Saturday and the Rangers lose in regulation vs. the Flyers on Sunday

Either way, as long as we get 1pt on Satuday, we will have to wait until Sunday night to find out who we face. If we lose in regulation, then we are guaranteed to face the Bruins. The Rangers control our destiny.

I really hope that we win on Satuday, just so our chances of playing Washington aren't lost. It would be great to knock out the Caps and then be stronger when we have to knock out the Bruins in the second round.

I've given up trying to figure out which team is the optimal matchup. In last year's playoffs, we had optimal matchups against teams we dominated during the regular season, and it did us little to no good. Frankly, I don't think it really matters who we face, as long as we take care of our own business first and foremost. The D-zone coverage has to get better, we need balanced scoring across more than just the Saku line, and the goalies have to be there to make 1-2 big saves in the clutch.

I've given up trying to figure out which team is the optimal matchup. In last year's playoffs, we had optimal matchups against teams we dominated during the regular season, and it did us little to no good. Frankly, I don't think it really matters who we face, as long as we take care of our own business first and foremost. The D-zone coverage has to get better, we need balanced scoring across more than just the Saku line, and the goalies have to be there to make 1-2 big saves in the clutch.

You're right about our D. We saw how well Boston took advantage of that last night. Can you imagine Ovechkin and the Caps flying right through and around in our zone whenever they have the puck? Carey Price wouldn't look so good when he can't do anything about it.

Our D definitely needs to STEP UP BIG TIME before next week starts.

I made a dream... a dream where the habs were standing on the ice, facing the bruins, during the national anthem. Then all of a sudden, out of some random thick smoke came... Robert Lang and Andrei Markov!!1!

One can hope...