Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

justreal

Who Are We Facing In The Playoffs??

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to face in the playoffs?

• Boston
    • Washington

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

How would we shut down Ovy?

Komo

Laraque

Stewart

Lapierre

Kosto

Lattendresse

Most of those players aren't quick enough to contain him, but if we held him against the boards and just banged him up we'd have a chance of frusterating him.

I've given up trying to figure out which team is the optimal matchup. In last year's playoffs, we had optimal matchups against teams we dominated during the regular season, and it did us little to no good. Frankly, I don't think it really matters who we face, as long as we take care of our own business first and foremost. The D-zone coverage has to get better, we need balanced scoring across more than just the Saku line, and the goalies have to be there to make 1-2 big saves in the clutch.

nothing is optimal in the playoffs, you face who you have to face and dont over Analyze

I prefer facing the Caps, Although we had little succes against them this season

I prefer facing the Caps, Although we had little succes against them this season

We've had little succes against either, but if we play our game it shouldnt matter.

i ddont know which thread i should put thison. I f we play wash we need all the speed we can muster. if boston we need a combo of speed and toughness.. I was wondering instead of trying to go toe to toe with lucic/chara- who , frankly are unmatched by us, why dont we turn the tables, remeber big bad lucic hiding from george, well why dont we pound on kessel, savard and wideman, and krejic. let goons from boston react to that rather than watch them run roughshot on us? lets face it boston beats us because they have skilled centers and big goons on the wing, o and rough up bergeron too that will get a huge reaction.

1. Line up Bruins
  2. skin and keep fur for great area rugs
  3. roast meat over open fire
  4. serve with a heady red wine; a Beaujolais or Chianti
  5. rejoice
  6. Move on to next series

We've had little succes against either, but if we play our game it shouldnt matter.

All year, we've been trying to figure out what " our game " is ...if you have some inside info please share .

I'd rather face Washington only because Boston is more physical .

i.............well why dont we pound on kessel, savard and wideman, and krejic. ..........

Cause we don't have anyone the likes of Lucic or Thornaton to pound on those guys

All year, we've been trying to figure out what " our game " is ...if you have some inside info please share .

I'd rather face Washington only because Boston is more physical .

Cause we don't have anyone the likes of Lucic or Thornaton to pound on those guys

im not saying we have to fight them, jut hit them, knock them down in the crease and wehn the goon from boston come in, just skate away like lucic does when george is around. i think stewart could throw some weight around, and if we dont have those players we need to aquire them for next season

I honestly wanna face the caps, the Big Bad bruins would just play dirty and injur everyone.

As sad as this sounds, we all know it's true. I think the word's been out on our Habs for a long time, and we've already seen evidence that Boston, with their dirty hit on Zednik, and Carolina, gouging Koivu's eye, have actually followed up on this garbage kind of play.

I want Washington, all the way. Boston is dirty and I doubt we can match their team toughness. I'd rather see Boston vs Sean Avery. :D

With Washington...shut down Ovechkin and they're extremely average.

Sean Avery handling Boston would be fun to see! Maybe they would destroy each other and be all banged up by the time we got them.....

But I don't think Alexander Semin or Mike Green are average. However, their goaltending should be fatal!

Either way, as long as we get 1pt on Satuday, we will have to wait until Sunday night to find out who we face. If we lose in regulation, then we are guaranteed to face the Bruins. The Rangers control our destiny.

So, the question is: do we want to guarantee that the first round will be Habs/Bruins? Or just let the chips fall?

1. Line up Bruins
  2. skin and keep fur for great area rugs
  3. roast meat over open fire
  4. serve with a heady red wine; a Beaujolais or Chianti
  5. rejoice
  6. Move on to next series

.....mmmm.....roasted meat.......ewww, it's Boo-in meat.....ahh, there's wine....mmmmmm....wine..... :lol::lol::lol: