The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Who Is The Captain? Brian Gionta

Bourne

I don't like the options.

I say all Alternates until January, buy then you'll know who the leader of the team is.

I love Kovalev, but a Captain has to be your hardest working player every single game. Lead by Example!!!!

Carey "Bob Gainey's Man" Price?

Still bitter are we? :lol:

Koivu

If he's still here,and I sureeeeeee hope so ,then of course it remains the same.

#11 Our captain koivu.

If he's not,I would pass the captaincy on to Markov.

And to the post above,price as captain.That's not even funny,though I did have a chuckle. :lol::D

I believe that the captain's and assistant captains should represent the core of the team. Therefore:

Kovalev or Koivu - One of them will return and one of them will not return. Give it to whoever returns.

Lapierre - Assisstant captain. Vocal, leads by example and I believe he could get the room fired up.

Higgins - Assistant captain. Vocal; but not yet deserving of the "C".

Markov - Assistant captain. I don't think he would be vocal enough.

Koivu-C

Lecavalier-A

Markov-A

-_-

I don't even want to see Lacavalier in a HAbs uniform not alone putting a letter on him. Nothing against Lecavalier personally but, first there is that monster contract that will have us handcuffed for the next 11 years at a cap hit of 7 to 7.5 mill per season (correct me if I am wrong), then there is his shoulder problems that he has had in the last couple of seasons and had surgery last year and this year not sure if the surgery this year was for the same shoulder or his wrist which we don't even know how he will respond to the after effects of the surgery. For me theses are problems and questions that I really don't want hanging over the team.

We all know the contract situation, but let's just say that he has re-occurring shoulder problems or wrist problems, what do we do then? There is not going to be a lineup at your door for him, he will be either 29 or 30 this upcoming season. The first person we will blame will be either Gainey or whoever the next GM is that would make this move. Let's go look for a better contractd player that could be just as good with less of a cap problem down the road.

Remember, we have already stated that we do not care if the next coach is billingual or not as long as he is the best coach for the job. Let's do the same with the players as well, just because his last name is Lecavalier, St.Louis, or Briere doesn't mean that he should automatically be given a spot on the team. These players play so well when they come to Montreal, because they really want to put on a show for the family and friends, because they know that come the next they they will be playing in a different city and the pressure is not there like it would if they had to wake up everyday in Montreal and play half of their games their and be constantly grilled by the French media.

I say we the best possible player who has consistently played well over the last few years both in the regular season and play-offs, and is possibly more cap friendly than Lecavalier, Briere, and St.Louis. For those contracts we could possibly aquire a couple of decent players.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't even want to see Lacavalier in a HAbs uniform not alone putting a letter on him. Nothing against Lecavalier personally but, first there is that monster contract that will have us handcuffed for the next 11 years at a cap hit of 7 to 7.5 mill per season (correct me if I am wrong)...

Not to add fuel to your fire or anything like that...but it's 10 million a season starting next year... :D

Not to add fuel to your fire or anything like that...but it's 10 million a season starting next year... :D

His salary starts at $10 million, but the cap hit is significantly less due to the fact that his salary decreases in value over handful of years near the end of his contract. Cap hit is an average of salary over the duration of the contract.

Koivu, if the organization has any common sense. Unlike this post that doesn't even include koivu in the poll.

:lol: I'm assuming that that this post is referring to IF koivu is gone next season.

That's why you only find 7 candidates in the poll,and not #11.

But i'll add my 2 cents,hope our captain Koivu remains on the team next season.

GOHABS.

Carey "Bob Gainey's Man" Price?

Oh my God!? :blink: Don't you think he has enough on his plate trying to learn how to skate so he can play goal?Besides,as so many of the Price fanatics have pointed out,he is soooo calm and cool how could he be expected to question the officials when needed?That's as big a stretch as thinking Markov could discuss a situation with the referees!? :huh:

Koivu, if the organization has any common sense. Unlike this post that doesn't even include koivu in the poll.

I thought it was pretty clear that the intent was to get a consensus opinion on who to name captain in the event that Saku chooses to move on!? :unsure: I love Koivu as captain and don't want to see him leave,but if he does....................what then?We must force ourselves to remember that this poll is not about kicking saku out!There absolutely is NO REASON to take offense koivu fans! B)

• 2 weeks later...
Those are saying Markov? That's ridiculous, he is SO quiet, a leader needs to be vocal.

How quiet is he in the dressing room???

Because,honestly I have nooooo idea just how quiet he is.

I'll assume that he has no problem in being vocal when called upon,in regards to the team.