The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Who Is The Captain? Brian Gionta

Bourne

Simply,the best answer is ,Koivu should be our captain.If our dodo decides he should be castrated(oops I mean cast)from the team,then you might as well make Subban or some kid captain for all the leadership we can hope to get from this squad until somebody steps up and does a strong and admirable imitation of Saku. <_<

When you let your captain and all your assistant captains go at the same time(could be a first in NHL history), it leaves a bit of a leadership vacuum, don't you think?

Montreal was already a team lacking in character and leadership, and now we have rid ourselves of what precious little we did possess.

We are now officially the most spineless, leaderless and rudderless team in the league.

Personally, I don't think anyone on the current roster wants the job.

They'll probably have to draw straws, with the loser having to don the "C".

Or maybe they'll move it around regularly, so as not to unnecessarily punish any one player more than the others.

PS: Please don't remove Komisarek's name from the candidate's list.

I can't vote for him (AGAIN) as I have already cast my ballot, but I'd love to see some more votes for the Komikazee.

Go Mikey!

We suck.

Please :rolleyes: Komisarek is a loser as far as I'm concerned. He jumped ship and went to the Laffs for an extra 500k. He's overrated and a douchbag as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't give a crap about you, one of his fans or this city and for that I hope he rots in the a-hole of Canada they call Toronto. He obviously doesn't care about winning because if he did he would have went anywhere but Toronto. He wanted to stick it to Habs fans and get paid pure and simple.

Simple...Markov

I like Andrei, a lot and I actually think the captain role is generally incredibly overrated. You can get "leadership" from anyone whether they have a letter on their jersey or not.

The problem is in Montreal it's a little bit different, it's pretty political and I don't know that Markov is the kind of person who would have an easy time dealing with all the stuff that comes with it (language issues, extra media scrutiny, ect).

I don't know that he's the best choice, and he'll deal with the same issues obviously but I suspect Gomez will end up with the C, if not we'll just go with 3 A's

Kovelev is gone they sign gomez over & 7 million a year kovi is worth that he s a play maker and scorer why didnt they sign him is beyond me now they lose 2 captain s and scorer ur garanteed that markov is captain this year and i hope they didnt dismantal this team for nothing cause that is a lot money for gomez and gionta i hope it was worth the money . they spent. GOOD LUCK KOIVU where ever u go man i hope u step it up a notch with ur brother if that where u go

Maxim Lapierre. Plays harder (not better) than anyone on the team and is an "in your face" type of guy that speaks french.

I'd give the "A"'s to Markov, and Gomez.

If Max could have had 2 or 3 seasons like last years I would say sure...but right now it would be way too much pressure in my eyes...

I like Andrei, a lot and I actually think the captain role is generally incredibly overrated. You can get "leadership" from anyone whether they have a letter on their jersey or not.

The problem is in Montreal it's a little bit different, it's pretty political and I don't know that Markov is the kind of person who would have an easy time dealing with all the stuff that comes with it (language issues, extra media scrutiny, ect).

I don't know that he's the best choice, and he'll deal with the same issues obviously but I suspect Gomez will end up with the C, if not we'll just go with 3 A's

I'm with Roy on this one... If i were any place else, Markov would have the "C". He does the odd interview, but is a bit of a quiet guy when it comes to interviews. I have a feeling the media here would tear him apart! Specially since he only speaks broken english, it wouldn't be fair to put him in that position. I honestly think he's happier out of the spotlight.

C-Markov

A-Hamrlik

A-Gomez

P.S. POST NUMBER: 200!

We lost our capt who came back after cancer,got hit in eye with a stick that could have ended his career,and if I'm not mistaken when he came back after cancer I and a lot of fans figured he'd be here forever.Now who is to be captain,I say anyone can be capt but my choices are Gomez or Markov

I say we pull a Gillis and make Price our captain... Just kidding!

:lol: Yea,please just leave him to tending goal.he has enough pressure to deal with.

Let's not put too much on the kids plate.

GO PRICE.

Please :rolleyes:Komisarek is a loser as far as I'm concerned. He jumped ship and went to the Laffs for an extra 500k. He's overrated and a douchbag as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't give a crap about you, one of his fans or this city and for that I hope he rots in the a-hole of Canada they call Toronto. He obviously doesn't care about winning because if he did he would have went anywhere but Toronto. He wanted to stick it to Habs fans and get paid pure and simple.

Ok man,now tell me what you really feel about Komi. :lol:

I choose none of the above. Koivu is the captain of this team. I may not watch hockey next season, especially if we sign kovalev over him, that's like hockey suicide to me. A guy that's given us so much, and we don't even given him so much as an offer sheet. How sad is that? A true tragedy. I hope this is a temperamental thing from Gainey. I mean...look at our signings, lol

Maxim Lapierre. Plays harder (not better) than anyone on the team and is an "in your face" type of guy that speaks french.

I'd give the "A"'s to Markov, and Gomez.

I didn't think of it, but I really see your point. I'd love to see him wear the 'C' next season! I don't think that he's a guy that would break under the pressure, if it changes anything at all i think he'd play better. also a nice choice for the "A"'s

With the departure of Koivu and Kovalev, I really wonder whether we have any true "Captain" material. Markov is probably the one that comes to most minds first, but is he going to be the guy that steps up and grabs the situation by the cajones to take control? Is he the kind of guy that's going to inspire and light a fire under the team when things go awry? I think Markov is a great "silent leader" -- he has excellent work ethic, and often leads by example on the ice, but I think he's lacking that other dimension that many captains in the NHL have.

With having such a young team that's likely going to be going through some growing pains, we need a captain that players can look up to and look to when the going gets tough.

Currently, I side with either Cammalleri or Gomez. Both will no doubt be "go-to guys" for the club, Cammalleri was previously an assistant captain, and Gomez brings valuable playoff experience that few on our team have. The unfortunate thing is, it would definitely be tough to give the "C" to a player who is brand new to the team -- it could ruffle a few feathers, for sure.