8475198.jpg

HEIGHT: 6' 2"

WEIGHT: 183

SHOOTS: RIGHT

BORN: 3 JAN 1991 (AGE 20)

BIRTHPLACE: JAMSA, FINLAND

DRAFTED: MTL / 2009 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

ROUND: 3RD (65TH OVERALL)

MONTREAL -- The Canadiens selected Finnish centerman Joonas Nattinen at No. 65 overall.

The 6-foot-2, 183-pounder played in the Finnish Junior league last season where he had 38 points in 30 games, including 29 assists. The playmaking center from Jamsa, Finland is a well-rounded two-way player who suited up for his homeland at the 2009 World Junior Hockey Championships in Ottawa, where he had three points in six games and was the third best faceoff man in the tournament at 63 percent.

Nattinen becomes the fourth player to ever be selected 65th by the Canadiens and the first Finn nabbed by Montreal on Draft day since 2003, when Oskari Korpikari got the call at No. 217 overall. While it may be too soon to tell for Olivier Fortier who went 65th in 2007, no player chosen at this spot by Montreal has ever reached the NHL, with far from household names IIka Mikkola and Lee Brodeur being the other two players.

Source

I for one am excited to see him play. We got a big centerman who can develop to be an Olli Jokinen :)

Edited by youppipwns

Alright! A Finn! :D

He is definitely bigger than Saku Koivu but lets pray he is better too!

A big centre that is a right hand shot is something we need with the big club. I sure hope he makes it to the NHL.

Our prospect pool is officially rounded up. We are now deep at every position.

im liking this pick he has good taste in women :P

saku koivu 2.0 with size

Good pick :) - still 17 years old 6' 2" 183 lbs - maybe 6' 3" 200 + .

In his interview he mentioned part of his play is like Jason Spezza :D .

Was excited when I saw we took this guy. Heard good things and gives us another top prospect on a top team to watch at the WJC's.

most rankings had him going in the second half of round 2, so for him to drop to us a 65 is a delight. Has the potential to be a big, 2 way second line center.

THW site

This site says Joonas Nattinen his nhl potential is: 2nd or 3rd line 2-way Power Forward. Not bad a complete 2nd or 3rd liner.

Dude. I'm not even sure how to get that letter to show up with these Canadian French/English keyboards. :lol:

You copy and paste the letter. ä ;)

Has been named to Finnish junior team for upcoming world championships along with Peteri!! :)

Hmmm...I wonder if there's any particular reason he slid down almost 40 spots??

TT said he was really surprised to see him still there when our pick came in the 3rd round.

and he's one of the best when it comes to faceoffs. :) Sure, it's a small sample but it feels good.

Although, I'm kind of disappointed when it comes to his offensive production. Expected a bit more, I guess.

and he's one of the best when it comes to faceoffs. :) Sure, it's a small sample but it feels good.

Although, I'm kind of disappointed when it comes to his offensive production. Expected a bit more, I guess.

he looks awkward out there but he seems to be able to win a draw,

Good pick :) - still 17 years old 6' 2" 183 lbs - maybe 6' 3" 200 + .

In his interview he mentioned part of his play is like Jason Spezza :D .

He said he was sort of like Mikka Koivu and Jason Spezza, if he's got that kind of talent and drive we may have a great young Center coming soon.