The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#37 Gabriel Dumont 2012-2013

sssfffs

Yeah won 4/4.

ZOMG! I just checked and he's leading the league in FO %!

In all seriousness, he looked decent out there; didn't blow me away, didn't make me cringe. I'll love to have Prust back ASAP but from an evaluation perspective it's kind of nice to have a couple weeks to watch him and White at the same time.

Same player as White they are both serviceable 4th line players who can win face-offs, be aware defensively and add a bit of toughness. Neither will ever become offensive minded players capable of scoring over 25 points a season. I don't see any room for both of them going forward when the habs have a full line-up free of injuries, I think there competing for one open spot next season when Armstrong is let go

Same player as White they are both serviceable 4th line players who can win face-offs, be aware defensively and add a bit of toughness. Neither will ever become offensive minded players capable of scoring over 25 points a season. I don't see any room for both of them going forward when the habs have a full line-up free of injuries, I think there competing for one open spot next season when Armstrong is let go

Wouldn't Armstrong being let go indicate there are two spots available considering White already has his own spot on the club?

Wouldn't Armstrong being let go indicate there are two spots available considering White already has his own spot on the club?

Does he though? I think he's referring to when we have a 100% healthy line up. When that happens, there are basically 11 forward spots locked up and then one spot available for one of White, Armstrong or Dumont (and I guess you throw Noki in there).

Wouldnt this only be until Prust/Weber/Diaz/Bourque returns? or do IR spots still count towards roster limits?

It just means that Noke was ready to come off the injury list and we needed to make a roster move. It just assures Dumont stays until Prust/Bouque gets back. At that point it becomes a situation of "is he better then somebody else on the roster (White for example) and does he deserve to stay up?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes but we also sent down Tinordi. So unless they call up bealieu or ellis my guess is we have a trade since Diaz hasnt even been working out this week?

i read that white is close to a return in the healthy column as well and you cant have more than 23 healthy bodies on board. so i guess one of kaberle or weber will play