Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
franck5890

Curtis Sanford

48 posts in this topic

Great pick up for Hamilton and Injury spot duty on the habs. Plus never hurts to have more competition at camp. Don't get me wrong Sanford would be a quality back up but with Halak and Price theres just no room for him.

Sounds like Curtis may get some action tomorrow night. I hope the game is on the radio.

And perhaps with the Habs if someone gets hurt. ;)

well yeah, but I was thinking more along the lines that I don't want to see him with the Habs because it might mean Halak was dealt. :mellow:

Curt is gonna be really good in Hamilton, he was great tonight

he is gonna be a key for the dogs,

Put on waivers this morning. So the dogs it is if he is not claimed

Thats too bad, really. At 29, he seemed like a good fit behind Price. I guess the problem is that we still dont know if Price is ready to become #1. If he's not, perhaps Halak is. Sanford, on the other hand, will probably always be a 30 or less game a year backup.

well yeah, but I was thinking more along the lines that I don't want to see him with the Habs because it might mean Halak was dealt. :mellow:
or it might mean price is dealt which might be good for halak.

Thats too bad, really. At 29, he seemed like a good fit behind Price. I guess the problem is that we still dont know if Price is ready to become #1. If he's not, perhaps Halak is. Sanford, on the other hand, will probably always be a 30 or less game a year backup.

Yeah, it was a very weird pickup. A good one, as I think he's a solid goalie that can come in and do cleanup work or as a fill-in for injury, but given that a player like Halak wouldn't garner much in a trade, there's not much we can do to keep him up. He must have been brought in to play in the AHL, but we'll see if he even gets through waivers.

Its weird theres been no official word about clearing waivers. I would assume he has cleared. Not too many teams are gonna grab guys off waivers at this point, as they would have to keep anybody they pick up on their NHL roster. Teams are struggling enough to par down their own rosters as is before the season begins. Adding another player at this point only creates additional headaches. You would have to be a sure fire player to make the team before anybody takes you.

Sanford is 4-0 in his last four starts, having allowed a mere three goals while recording two shutouts.

I am beginning to wonder with the number of games he has been playing if Jaroslav is going to be traded.