The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sergei Kostitsyn

I meant now or never because if he doesn't show what he can do to earn his spot on one of the top lines (deserve to get PP time) I think he will never be what we expected him to be (at least not in this city)

Again, though, why? I'm not trying to get in your grill. I'm honestly curious as to why you'd write off a 22-year-old forward even if he doesn't snag a top-six spot in a year when he'll have serious competition at the spot (Lats, Pacioretty, D'Agostini). Fan expectations are one thing. Martin is another. He's a patient coach, and I don't see him tossing Sergei on the scrapheap even if someone else wins the remaining top-six winger spot.

I am a fan of his, but reading that he is out of shape (if it is true) and already injured( maybe this is why he isn't in shape). is frustrating. <_<

No evidence he's out of shape, and he's not injured, he's just recovering from off-season shoulder surgery. I don't think there's any reason to panic. :)

No evidence he's out of shape, and he's not injured, he's just recovering from off-season shoulder surgery. I don't think there's any reason to panic. :)

the only "evidence" I got was reading François Gagnon's blog on cyberpresse.ca he says:

Sergei Kostitsyn pourrait obliger le Canadien à sévir à son endroit s’il est en aussi mauvaise forme qu’il n’en a l’air ou s’il devait avoir un écart de conduit au cours des 20 jours que durera le camp d’entraînement.

the only "evidence" I got was reading François Gagnon's blog on cyberpresse.ca he says:

Sergei Kostitsyn pourrait obliger le Canadien à sévir à son endroit s’il est en aussi mauvaise forme qu’il n’en a l’air ou s’il devait avoir un écart de conduit au cours des 20 jours que durera le camp d’entraînement.

I'm not even sure what Gagnon's statement proves.

We'll see how things shake out with Sergei. Training camp is important, but not all-important. I remember Plekanec having a super-hot TC last year, then messing the bed in the regular season. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised to see S.Kos end up starting the season in Hamilton as a no-fit with the big club.

If, for some reason, his shoulder surgery recovery takes longer than expected... Maybe. I seriously doubt that Sergei won't make the big club this season, though. He's been here for two seasons, learning and growing. I really think he has an edge on D'Agostini and Pacioretty for this reason. He's a prime example of what might go wrong with D'Agostini and/or Pacioretty in their own respective sophmore seasons if we expect too much from them.

If, for some reason, his shoulder surgery recovery takes longer than expected... Maybe. I seriously doubt that Sergei won't make the big club this season, though. He's been here for two seasons, learning and growing. I really think he has an edge on D'Agostini and Pacioretty for this reason. He's a prime example of what might go wrong with D'Agostini and/or Pacioretty in their own respective sophmore seasons if we expect too much from them.

Although Sergei might be more NHL ready than Dags and Pacioretty right now, I believe that Pacioretty fills the team's needs better on a long term basis. He's got more skills and has shown more discipline and more maturity.

Although Sergei might be more NHL ready than Dags and Pacioretty right now, I believe that Pacioretty fills the team's needs better on a long term basis. He's got more skills and has shown more discipline and more maturity.

Sergei may not have his head screwed on correctly. Pacioretty may move ahead of Sergei this year. Or not!!

i question the notion that Max Pac has more skills than SK. they are two different players SK being a little more finesse & Max Pac more of a power forward. tough to compare. SK imo will be more than fine this season and has a place on this squad

Any team needs a lot of talent and if both become stars they will both help the Habs

Does he need a new alarm clock?

I don't think he realizes who is coach is this year. He missed the bus that took the players to le colisee in Quebec City and made it to practice just in time (must have been a world record for getting his equipment on). :lol:

wake up Sergei!! <_<

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/282767.html

Bah, I wish they wouldn't even make these sorts of 'reports'. All it said was he wasn't on the bus, then they followed it up with a bunch of hypotheticals. Did he miss the bus? Had he spent the night in Quebec? If you don't know the answer to those questions, how is this even a news story? For all we know he had a doctor's appointment before the game.

Looks like the media's going to be getting on him early this year <_<

Bah, I wish they wouldn't even make these sorts of 'reports'. All it said was he wasn't on the bus, then they followed it up with a bunch of hypotheticals. Did he miss the bus? Had he spent the night in Quebec? If you don't know the answer to those questions, how is this even a news story? For all we know he had a doctor's appointment before the game.

Looks like the media's going to be getting on him early this year <_<

It is the same Montreal media who blew up the story last year regarding the Kostitsyn brothers...If I recall they where rumours about killings, and drugs lol. So he missed the bus for a preseason game, yes it is bad, but he made it on time and let Martin know he was running late. It says on corussports that he was late because of contruction on the road.