The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sergei Kostitsyn

headline in tomorrows papers:

Mobster Orders SK to Disobey JM

Maybe he'll order a hit on him. :P

Seriously though guys, this is just a case of a coach letting the guys know who's in charge. At least SK didnt pick up his stick and leave the ice to go call his agent. ;)

Seriously though guys, this is just a case of a coach letting the guys know who's in charge. At least SK didnt pick up his stick and leave the ice to go call his agent. ;)

He'd probably end up taking the wrong exit... :lol: (JK)

I'm not sure if JM will accept, "Better late then never" too often.

Seriously, though... he has the talent but needs to focus.

And atleast he didn't make a rant about it like iverson, lol

can you imagine that

just past 600 posts :)

Geez, it's a mistake. It wasn't the first time someone made one and it won't be the last time. That's what practising is for, is it not? And the coach is there to correct those mistakes. I don't know why there is this fuss over it.

Basically sums it up. At the end of the day this happens several times per year in practice rinks for 30 NHL teams, just the fact that it's Montreal and right now there's really nothing else to report makes it a story.

Its actually great that the coach lit into him. Most young kids coming into the game today need that ....team first you second mentality and they need to be given direction right away...

Nothing wrong with a few swear words if it makes the player a better player....He may be one of Martins favorite young players and wantshim to get better .....Its is only practice.

I have seen that many times where a players gets reemed than next game they end up with the most icetime??

Its actually great that the coach lit into him. Most young kids coming into the game today need that ....team first you second mentality and they need to be given direction right away...

Nothing wrong with a few swear words if it makes the player a better player....He may be one of Martins favorite young players and wantshim to get better .....Its is only practice.

I have seen that many times where a players gets reemed than next game they end up with the most icetime??

Good points.

I'm sorry but it is a story. I like Sergei as much as the next fan and would love to see him (and his bro) make it big with the Habs, but this shows that we have an awesome coach. Putting the "lazy" ones in their place from the start.

He doesn't get a free pass just because his last name is Kostitsyn. ;)

This is going to be an interesting year. I am usually anti-coach and find an excuse for the player, but not this time.

Like I said a few days ago WAKE UP SERGEI!! :P

As far as player "habits", I really don't have other players to compare to because all I hear are the same outlets complaining and ragging on the same players with what I think is "another" agenda.

If Sergei Kostitsyn is the first NHL player to miss the bus and the first player to get yelled at practice I'll fall off my rocker.

I'm not sayin' there isn't room for improvement but talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

The season hasn't started but it's gonna be like it's been this past summer with the same names over and over again rumored to be moved. They all happen to end with a consonant. Go figure.

Honestly, sometimes I wish they would get moved just so they could be removed from this atmosphere and better their careers just like others have done in the past. Oh wait, there's a pattern developing. It's times like this that I wonder why Komisarek really left.

I'm sorry but it is a story. I like Sergei as much as the next fan and would love to see him (and his bro) make it big with the Habs, but this shows that we have an awesome coach. Putting the "lazy" ones in their place from the start.

He doesn't get a free pass just because his last name is Kostitsyn. ;)

This is going to be an interesting year. I am usually anti-coach and find an excuse for the player, but not this time.

Like I said a few days ago WAKE UP SERGEI!! :P

I didn't know its a story everytime a coach does his job... I guess I was use to the lack of stories from the media during Carbo's term here... Carbo did so poorly they had to overblow everything else like: the kostitsyns being mobsters, Kovalev being benched, Price in a slump, bowling instead of practice, etc... Well I'll be looking forward to more of these "stories" in the future... personally I just thought the media was bored when they overblew this proper coaching techniques

By the way, im all for martin putting players in their place and don't hold it against the players either... Typical hockey practice in my mind

As far as player "habits", I really don't have other players to compare to because all I hear are the same outlets complaining and ragging on the same players with what I think is "another" agenda.

If Sergei Kostitsyn is the first NHL player to miss the bus and the first player to get yelled at practice I'll fall off my rocker.

I'm not sayin' there isn't room for improvement but talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

The season hasn't started but it's gonna be like it's been this past summer with the same names over and over again rumored to be moved. They all happen to end with a consonant. Go figure.

Honestly, sometimes I wish they would get moved just so they could be removed from this atmosphere and better their careers just like others have done in the past. Oh wait, there's a pattern developing. It's times like this that I wonder why Komisarek really left.

because he is a bad word that i cant say on here

Anyone know if any other players besides SK were asked

"What the f*** are you doing over there?" by Martin

Maybe its an indication of why SK was sent down to the Bulldogs last year .

Here's a kid with some talent that takes things for granted and needs to devlop better HABits if he wanst to remain a HAB or in the NHL .

Anyone know if any other players besides SK were asked

"What the f*** are you doing over there?" by Martin

Maybe its an indication of why SK was sent down to the Bulldogs last year .

Here's a kid with some talent that takes things for granted and needs to devlop better HABits if he wanst to remain a HAB or in the NHL .

This stuff happens when you bring kids up too soon and give them hundreds of thousands of dollars.