The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sergei Kostitsyn

Looks like Martin's little run in with Sergei sparked a fire under his arse tonight. This is the Sergei we all want to see and know he can be!

well ya exactly, this is what he can be and this is what he was 2 years ago... that goal tonight he had to go to the net and pay a price to get the puck but lastyear he would never had did that

Martin didn't light a fire under kostitsyn... He yelled at him during practice, thats it... no big deal... personally i found kostitsyn playing well all preseason and it was only a matter of time his hard work (during the games, haha) would pay off... doubt the practice situation did anything to spark his performance last night

If he can keep playing like that I'd love to see him on a line with Laps and Lats. That pairing woudl give us a thrid line with a nice bit of scoring punch I think. If THIS is how he CAN play then i'm STARTING to see why some people are so keen on him. Still haven't seen anything to make me think he's top 6, but he looked like he could be a decent fit on that energy line. just hope he's not one of these guys that needs constant pushes from the coach to get going though.

If he can keep playing like that I'd love to see him on a line with Laps and Lats. That pairing woudl give us a thrid line with a nice bit of scoring punch I think. If THIS is how he CAN play then i'm STARTING to see why some people are so keen on him. Still haven't seen anything to make me think he's top 6, but he looked like he could be a decent fit on that energy line. just hope he's not one of these guys that needs constant pushes from the coach to get going though.

it takes the right coach to get players to play at their top potential & i think JM is the right guy for SK

He doesn't have to clear waivers, D'Ags does.......

Certainly is a huge factor. Similar situation with Patches and Weber. They don't need to clear waivers. Plus it was pre-season. Sometimes players don't play if they have a roster spot.

Of course, I would simply place Laraque on waivers or LTIR so Sergei and Dags can both remain in Montreal. Too bad I am not the GM.

This is interesting to say the least. Not that he was cut but rather the fact that he was the only one cut today. Why only Kostitsyn and not Weber/Carle/Pyatt?

I don't think Pyatt can be moved because he's currently injured, same with Chipchura.

I don't think Pyatt can be moved because he's currently injured, same with Chipchura.

Granted, but the other 'final cuts' are still here and will be going to the team bonding in TO... Maxwell, Carle, Stewart, Weber.

Maybe JM wants to see firsthand how Sergei will react to such a decision.

Granted, but the other 'final cuts' are still here and will be going to the team bonding in TO... Maxwell, Carle, Stewart, Weber.

Maybe JM wants to see firsthand how Sergei will react to such a decision.

Maybe but there also could be something Martin saw that he didn't like. We'll probably never know so it's going to be a lot of speculation.