The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sergei Kostitsyn

Maybe but there also could be something Martin saw that he didn't like. We'll probably never know so it's going to be a lot of speculation.

And that is the unfortunate reality. Now I just hope he doesn't threaten to bolt to the KHL...

Maybe he's not good enough to be one of the top six forwards on the HABS and being a checker isn't his best attribute, so as of today , he doesn't fit into the HABS starting lineup .

This isn't even a question. Sergei is, hands down, the more well rounded and experienced forward of the four vying for a spot right now.

Pyatt? Had a pretty impressive pre-season but not even close to cracking the line-up unless he's a spare.

Pacioretty? Clearly not ready for the NHL.

Stewart? No.

D'agostini? Shown some offensive flare, aside from that he is horrid. No defensive awareness or hockey sense at all.

Not sure why he was sent down over Laraque, Metropolit, or D'Agostini, but we'll see how things shake out. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sergei back in Montreal in a month or two.

Perhaps it's a message not only to Sergei, but also to the other young players (ie Lats, Pacioretty & D'Ago) that this team is serious. No more fooling around or slacking off. Or it also could be that he was one of the only players (Pacioretty is the other) that could bypass the waiver system....

Never thought it would happen but hope he comes back a better player...How can you cut Sergei and keep Kyle Chipchura around?

Chipchura is injured and still has not been cleared to play.

<a big disappointing sigh>

I'm extremely disappointed for the young man but if there's a very legitimate reason then so be it. If it's a media driven move then I'm just extremely irate. LOL

Somehow I hope the young man sees the positives in this move (although I don't know how) and surprises everyone with some super star play down there and shows responsibility.

Perhaps it's a message not only to Sergei, but also to the other young players (ie Lats, Pacioretty & D'Ago) that this team is serious. No more fooling around or slacking off. Or it also could be that he was one of the only players (Pacioretty is the other) that could bypass the waiver system....

If it's a waiver issue as the tie-breaker between two potential cuts, I can understand it, even though I would have cut someone else. But you don't mess with a young player's development just to send a message to the team. That would be unfair to Sergei.

Alternatively, Martin may have felt that Sergei was better served playing top-six minutes in Hamilton than 12-14 minutes on a checking or energy line (since Pacioretty seems to have the inside track on the second-line LW spot).

Montreal can keep Sergei.

He was a cancer in the Bulldogs dressing room last year when he was sent down. :angry:

And you know this ... how? Please, share the evidence with the rest of us.

He was a cancer in the Bulldogs dressing room last year when he was sent down. :angry:

I'm from the area and didnt hear any mention of this at all. Where did you get that info from?? :blink:

I'm from the area and didnt hear any mention of this at all. Where did you get that info from?? :blink:

Strictly personal observation.

I have season tickets with the Bulldogs and noticed serious attitude from Sergei when he was sent down last year. Hopefully he smartens up this time around. The new Bulldogs coaching staff will not have time for Segei's whoa is me, feel sorry for me, I am an aNHL superstar and am better than everybody else attitude which he exhibited last year.

He still seems really immature to me without a very strong work ethic. Without knowing everything that goes on behind closed doors, I believe he needs to grow up and show some gratitude and stop giving the impression that he is entitled to make the team. I think he needs to be humbled a bit, and know his place in the organization.

Strictly personal observation.

I have season tickets with the Bulldogs and noticed serious attitude from Sergei when he was sent down last year. Hopefully he smartens up this time around. The new Bulldogs coaching staff will not have time for Segei's whoa is me, feel sorry for me, I am an aNHL superstar and am better than everybody else attitude which he exhibited last year.

Personal opinion is fair enough. ;) I thought you had some inside info that was being kept quiet.

This isn't even a question. Sergei is, hands down, the more well rounded and experienced forward of the four vying for a spot right now.

Pyatt? Had a pretty impressive pre-season but not even close to cracking the line-up unless he's a spare.

Stewart? No.

D'agostini? Shown some offensive flare, aside from that he is horrid. No defensive awareness or hockey sense at all.

I'd take any one of these guys with the exception of Stewart (who has a different role)over Sergei right now....and I'm a fan but systems are systems and either Martin didn't like what he saw or he's testing him...My take is he's watching how responds....Sergei's

always had it pretty easy from the time he played down here with the London Knights and saw all the PPS on a line with Gagne and Kane to getting the call early in his career from Hamilton...this guys spent no time on the farm to speak of....unless you count his "punishment" for last year's indiscretions...I believe Martin is saying "you play the system or you don't play"...does he have talent? yes but I for one want to see a team this year..not individuals

maybe he's waiting for his linemates to move towards him to show he's got kovy's moves- which sure would be laughable, but i just can't figure this out. up? down? lol. its nuts.

the other thing is that really i haen't seen the games, so.. but i don't think we can make the same generalizations about sk as most of the rest of the team. he is kind of more leggy from the knee down than say gionta or so.

Stewart? No.

Re read my post .

He's not good enough to be a top 6 forward on the current Habs and he's not suited to a role as a grinder, checker, fighter, etc on the 3rd or 4th line .

We're not talking about a guy who's going to put up 70 t 80 pts a year .

Personal opinion is fair enough. ;) I thought you had some inside info that was being kept quiet.

There was also the interview in Canadiens magazine when he first came up that basically said (and I paraphrase, but if I find the mag. I'll give the exact quotes) 'I'm happy to get the hell out of Hamilton' - this from a guy just out of the OHL. Of course everyone wants to be in the NHL not in the AHL but most are willing to learn all they can at that level and are gracious to acknowledge the people who helped them get there - this was at the same time that Lapierre was constantly being sent down - and you'd hear and read quite the opposite from him.

In addition, like Lammy, I've seen the attitude both on and off the ice in person. I like his confidence and aggresiveness but he needs to realize his place in the team hierarchy.

Plus he is a victim of the fact he does not have to clear waivers - he is young, he has had a stronger start (at least initially) than his brother - he will be fine if he puts in the time in Hamilton with a good attitude. :D

There was also the interview in Canadiens magazine when he first came up that basically said (and I paraphrase, but if I find the mag. I'll give the exact quotes) 'I'm happy to get the hell out of Hamilton' - this from a guy just out of the OHL. Of course everyone wants to be in the NHL not in the AHL but most are willing to learn all they can at that level and are gracious to acknowledge the people who helped them get there - this was at the same time that Lapierre was constantly being sent down - and you'd hear and read quite the opposite from him.

In addition, like Lammy, I've seen the attitude both on and off the ice in person. I like his confidence and aggresiveness but he needs to realize his place in the team hierarchy.

Plus he is a victim of the fact he does not have to clear waivers - he is young, he has had a stronger start (at least initially) than his brother - he will be fine if he puts in the time in Hamilton with a good attitude. :D

I didint see that article however it could have been taken out of context at the time (foreign player not able to express himself properly). If he meant it as it came out,, then fair game.I'm willing to bet he was happy as hell to get out of Montreal for awhile last year. :lol:

Stewart? No.

Beyond the attitude, Stewart and D'ags have to clear waivers and SK doesn't. I don't know about Pyatt but he has impressed many with his speed and work ethic!

Pacioretty seems to have the inside track to hang in - Trevor Timmins was interviewed during the Bulldogs' second intermission and strongly suggested he was the one that would stick - still we'll see because I believe he also does not have to clear waivers.

I agree with the posters that say he is being 'tested' - plus he is still very young - there is no need to rush him when there are other older players ahead of him.