The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sergei Kostitsyn

I didint see that article however it could have been taken out of context at the time (foreign player not able to express himself properly). If he meant it as it came out,, then fair game.I'm willing to bet he was happy as hell to get out of Montreal for awhile last year. :lol:

Yeah you are right about that :lol: I'm not sure that still isn't somewhat part of the thinking this time (speculation on my part :P )

No the article was pretty clear - it was a 20 questions kind of thing. His English is/was much better than his brothers (who had virtually no English when he first arrived in Hamilton). AK has come a long way in that regard - well done!

It is gonna affect him really bad. He is not gonna get better playing there. It was very bad move from the psichological point of view. We can forget about him, I see the trade coming.

He is another guy that was promoted way too quickly (there was a lot of that going around for a while ;) ) -as great as the Knights were - the AHL is another major step up - it serves a function in development or it wouldn't exist - very few can, or should bypass it.

very good decision. With Pleks playing with Gionta and Ak with Gomez..there was no room for Sergei in the top 6. Only way he fits in the top 6 is if Pleks playing with him and his brother. And he's not suited for a checking role...so why waste his time here rather than developing his offensive skills in Hamilton? If Pacioretty/D'agostini performs well...I wont mind seeing sergei spend the season in hamilton...get over his superstar atitide and come back strong next season (or just fade away :D)

He is another guy that was promoted way too quickly (there was a lot of that going around for a while ;) ) -as great as the Knights were - the AHL is another major step up - it serves a function in development or it wouldn't exist - very few can, or should bypass it.

Agreed. They gave him too much credit, and now just trying to get it back, but it was already spent..

Yeah! :lol: I was at the famous game - it certainly would have made the opener even more entertaining! :lol:

PS mods - (not to rub salt in the wound) but shouldn't SK be moved to the "In the System" thread!!!

Good call. I guess we were too shocked by the suddenness of the move to react! :P

i wouldnt be surprised if i was called back up wedsneday

the timing of this is whats really surprising, they obviously didnt want to bring him for the team trip before the game to toronto or they would have simply sent him down after that, they didnt chose anyone over him right now, it sounds more like a punishing send down than anything

It is gonna affect him really bad. He is not gonna get better playing there. It was very bad move from the psichological point of view. We can forget about him, I see the trade coming.

I dont see a trade coming. My point isnt that the habs arent shoppiung him, i just doubt they will find a buyer. Who would be willing to take a player with huge attitude problems who is making no significant effort to improve, and one who has proven nothing. I hope Martin was smart enough to sit him down and say, You didnt do ( insert problem here) and ( insert other problems). Go back to hamilton and improve that. if you do then there is a very good chance you will be back in montreal for good. blah blah blah, add a cliche of some kind about character building and that crap and your good.

garauntee he will be back as soon as the other grinders are healthy. stewie will play a couple games. laraque will get healthy. stewy goes down. up comes fired up sergei. all speculations aside, hes just a young kid who speaks a little english.. talent wise he is the best prospect we have id say. give him some time he will be huge for us for years to come. ROOTIN FOR YA SERGIE>> SCORE GOALS DOWN THERE

Waiver situation. Injuries. And some rookies playing good in pre-season. I fully believe that Sergei can become a long time top 6 forward in Montreal. However very soon the team must become a 23 man roster. Sergei can be demoted and recalled without going through waivers. Dags and Chips must clear waivers.

Will the demotion push Sergei to work harder? Maybe. Will the demotion make Sergei more willing to listen to JM? Hopefully.

The team needs to figure out the 23 man roster. When the roster is determined I would not be shocked if Metro and Laraque are both not on the roster. All of a sudden Sergei gets recalled from AHL.

A lot of questions still Andre is not having an exceptional camp, whom ever plays with Gionta is going to have a great season he has always reminded he of Mighty Mats even when he was on the Devils. We can only hope that the bigs look at the way he gets involved and start using their size. O'Byrne actually had a good camp i think given the oppertunity he will replace Kommy.

I haven't seen anyone present a shred of tangible evidence to back up this constantly repeated assertion that Sergei has a questionable attitude, or what 'questionable attitude' even means as a description. (not meant as a shot at you, brian, but just a general observation) Seems to me that everyone has been speculating on Sergei's character since last season, then dressing up that speculation as fact and using it to justify Martin's decision, which, for all we know, may have nothing to do with any attitude problem real or imagined.

Players get sent to Hamilton all the time. For some reason, Sergei is one player whose every move is framed by his 'character issues' in one way or another. But the cold truth is that none of us is in a position to even gauge his character, let alone assert with any confidence that the head coach is basing his personnel decisions on our perception of Sergei's character. We can't know that. Please, enough with the character assassinations.

I haven't seen anyone present a shred of tangible evidence to back up this constantly repeated assertion that Sergei has a questionable attitude, or what 'questionable attitude' even means as a description. (not meant as a shot at you, brian, but just a general observation) Seems to me that everyone has been speculating on Sergei's character since last season, then dressing up that speculation as fact and using it to justify Martin's decision, which, for all we know, may have nothing to do with any attitude problem real or imagined.

Players get sent to Hamilton all the time. For some reason, Sergei is one player whose every move is framed by his 'character issues' in one way or another. But the cold truth is that none of us is in a position to even gauge his character, let alone assert with any confidence that the head coach is basing his personnel decisions on our perception of Sergei's character. We can't know that. Please, enough with the character assassinations.

Like you have never and I put myself here too, did the "character assassination" :rolleyes::D

Sergei is a young talented player that I feel needs to be sent a message. As a Habs fan that loves to see the team do awesome I hope SK74 will be with us for many productive years.

Martin has to set a example and maybe Sergei doesn't have the worst attitude (winning at all cost) on the team but Martin should know better then us fans which buttons should be pushed.

All I know is he showed up to a recent practice late and Martin blasted him. Before he was moved up to the big team, Andre had no discretions and after last season and the rumors of the trouble making brothers. I tend to lean towards that Serg was the fire under the problems. Maybe he does infact have a big attitude problem. I'm not doing a character assassination as cryer man says but I'm giving my thoughts about his shipping down. Maybe Gainey is working a big trade for that Big Center and he needs to make room. One can only hope.

Cause hes Russian and makes some lazy plays.

I don't want Sergei on a 3rd or 4th line anyways, I'd rather have him be on a scoring line, and theres no opening on the top 6 ATM on the Habs for him.

I haven't seen anyone present a shred of tangible evidence to back up this constantly repeated assertion that Sergei has a questionable attitude, or what 'questionable attitude' even means as a description.

For me, "questionable attitude" is that a player's intensity, focus and maturity are put into question, that is, there is doubt whether he's reached a level that is acceptable to help the team. It doesn't include talent, but what one does with one's talent. Martin, the person who makes that accessment is quoted below, the bold is my emphasis.

Jacques Martin semonce Sergei Kostitsyn: il ne tolérera pas la paresse : http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianp...dvlwnzHTpYbdEjw

"On veut axer notre jeu sur le contrôle de la rondelle et pour ça, il faut que les joueurs se placent en soutien au porteur de la rondelle. Ils doivent se rendre disponibles. On ne veut plus jouer comme l'an passé, quand il y avait plus d'espace entre les joueurs.

"C'est plus exigeant de jouer comme ça, mais ça donne de meilleurs résultats."

Martin a répété que l'incident du week-end avec le cadet des Kostitsyn était de la régie interne. Il a toutefois reconnu que tous les facteurs entrent en ligne de compte dans l'évaluation d'un joueur.

"L'évaluation se fait à partir de ce qui se passe sur la glace, du comportement et de l'attitude - de tout", a dit l'entraîneur.