The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sergei Kostitsyn

with immediate topline minutes & problably some one on work time to work on his game will help SK tremendously. he'll be back up there is no doubt about it. he ha already been with the big club for approx 100 games so the move to send down now as apposed to after the "BONDING TIME" with the others may be a sign that Martin may want to get a start on his game as soon as possible for a longer & more permanent stay once he does get the call.

Sergei wants to be trade

http://tricolore.ca/chfans/rumeurs-officie...re-echange.html

French link, sorry.

For those who can't understand : Apparently he asked Gainey to be trade, he doesn't want to go to Hamilton. It says first that Andrei is not happy ( we don't know if he's mad against the organisation or against his lil bro) and after, it says that he had a great day today, he was happy, fine, etc.

If we lose Sergei, I wouldn't care really. Yes he has talent, but he wasted it so much last year, I'm worry about this year. But if we lose Andrei, oh god, that would make me really mad.

Sergei wants to be trade

French link, sorry.

For those who can't understand : Apparently he asked Gainey to be trade, he doesn't want to go to Hamilton. It says first that Andrei is not happy ( we don't know if he's mad against the organisation or against his lil bro) and after, it says that he had a great day today, he was happy, fine, etc.

If we lose Sergei, I wouldn't care really. Yes he has talent, but he wasted it so much last year, I'm worry about this year. But if we lose Andrei, oh god, that would make me really mad.

well, if we could land frolov for the kosty bros i wouldn't be mad at all...

Sergei wants to be trade

French link, sorry.

Who is this guy, who are his sources, and how come it's not anywhere else?

Frolov = Andrei

why would you trade both of them for him ?

Give Andrei some time and believe me, you will forget Frolov

hm, frolov had three good seasons scoring 59, 67 and 71 points, two times over 30 goals, while andrei scored 51 point once. last year was an average at best with only 41 ponits, and he never scored 30 goals. yes, i know he's younger, but there is no guarantee he would ever score 35 goals, especially if he will be unhappy here because of "mistreatment" of his little brother. frolov, on the other hand, is proven 35 goal scorer . so with all respect, i can't agree that frolov=ak.

He makes it sound like attitude was part of the reason he was sent down by saying "he needs to know what's expected of a professional."

i caught that too. oh boy. i hope sergei checks his ego and just plays his way back on the team. i love the guys talent but we dont need any attitude cases. at the same time attitude can include conditioning and work ethic, it doesnt necessarily mean hes a big mouth or a prima donna

Yeah, what's expected of a professional can mean many things. Based on what Martin said on audio, it sounds like Sergei wasn't quite up to speed on absorbing the new system, but I'd hardly call that a character flaw, as he was injured, rehabbing his injury, and missed a good part of preseason action.

This is probably the right move just to let Sergei get big minutes in the AHL while he gets back to 100%. If someone gets injured or underperforms, expect to see SK right back in the mix.

I find it hilarious that people are writing Sergei off when Lapierre went through a similar phase at the beginning of last season. And look where Max is now.

Yeah, what's expected of a professional can mean many things. Based on what Martin said on audio, it sounds like Sergei wasn't quite up to speed on absorbing the new system, but I'd hardly call that a character flaw, as he was injured, rehabbing his injury, and missed a good part of preseason action.

This is probably the right move just to let Sergei get big minutes in the AHL while he gets back to 100%. If someone gets injured or underperforms, expect to see SK right back in the mix.

I find it hilarious that people are writing Sergei off when Lapierre went through a similar phase at the beginning of last season. And look where Max is now.

But what else can "what's expected of a professional" mean other than attitude?

ugh...all this stuff is going is going to get over blown, only in montreal....

i agree with weep, that it has more to probably do with him not grasping the new system fast enough seeing as he only had 2 games of preseason and not many practices.

just sad to see everyone come out and start saying this and that about his "bad attitude"

hm, frolov had three good seasons scoring 59, 67 and 71 points, two times over 30 goals, while andrei scored 51 point once. last year was an average at best with only 41 ponits, and he never scored 30 goals. yes, i know he's younger, but there is no guarantee he would ever score 35 goals, especially if he will be unhappy here because of "mistreatment" of his little brother. frolov, on the other hand, is proven 35 goal scorer . so with all respect, i can't agree that frolov=ak.

I believe Andrei will score 30 goals and more. Bad season of 23 goals ? I can't wait to see what will be a good one.

You tell me. You're claiming it could be many things.

Look, I'm not looking to pick a fight with you, but given that everyone keeps using the word 'attitude,' I would like to know what your definition of it is.

To me, learning to act like a professional is part of any young person's apprenticeship in any given profession, and therefore, not necessarily an indictment of said young person's character in and of itself. None of us is born knowing how to act like a pro.

Look, I'm not looking to pick a fight with you, but given that everyone keeps using the word 'attitude,' I would like to know what your definition of it is.

To me, learning to act like a professional is part of any young person's apprenticeship in any given profession, and therefore, not necessarily an indictment of said young person's character in and of itself. None of us is born knowing how to act like a pro.

Agreed. But how long do you give said young person to conform to your definition of professionalism?

Hes 22 and has just 100 games under his belt. At the same point, his brother had only played 35 games in the NHL.

Sergei is fine.

At the time Montreal was a bad team with a lot of available spots on the horizon.

Now, we're a team of talented young guys and long-term vets.