The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Georges Laraque

• 1 month later...
Guest NvidiaN

According to the internet, he had surgery to repair his herniated disks. Maybe this is a good sign, if he can play more games/be an enforcer with Moen, we'll be alright physically...even if we are 'small' as a whole.

According to the internet, he had surgery to repair his herniated disks. Maybe this is a good sign, if he can play more games/be an enforcer with Moen, we'll be alright physically...even if we are 'small' as a whole.

According to an article posted on the official website...

"After opting to avoid having surgery done on the herniated discs in his back, Laraque has been hard at work this summer in the gym, eyeing his return to the heavyweight throne."

However, I'm not sure if they mean he opted to not have surgery last season, or if they mean he opted to not have surgery at all. Is it possible he had surgery this summer and there was nothing ever reported about it?

Guest NvidiaN
According to an article posted on the official website...

"After opting to avoid having surgery done on the herniated discs in his back, Laraque has been hard at work this summer in the gym, eyeing his return to the heavyweight throne."

However, I'm not sure if they mean he opted to not have surgery last season, or if they mean he opted to not have surgery at all. Is it possible he had surgery this summer and there was nothing ever reported about it?

Yeah, I totally misread that. I guess he didn't have surgery, eh? I'm not sure how I feel about that. Hopefully he made the wise choice/will be able to contribute to the team through the full season, as opposed to being a wasted salary cap hit for 50+ games.

He's going to regret not having that surgery.

It certainly seems like that's a possibility. Last season was a disaster for him, and I know his back was hurting... If it was hurting THAT badly then he should have cut his losses and got the darn surgery. Even if that meant missing time to start the year, it would have been better for him, and us, moving forward.

I'm not counting on it....he is encountering back issues as of a month ago,does not sound too promising to me.

Besides,was not only his back giving him problems last season,also dealt with groin issues.