Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
franck5890

Glen Metropolit

250 posts in this topic

Really nice game. Better then I expected. Our PK is better. Our 3rd or 4th line is better. Heck the way that Moen and Patches played tonight they were more like our 2nd line as far as scoring chances.

Where's the required image of Mr. Burns with fingertips pressed together? :)

burnsu.jpg

Oh man how I remember all the hate that was thrown his way when he was signed, I am glad to see that he is finally getting some Hab love.

Great Game Metro! ;)

Oh man how I remember all the hate that was thrown his way when he was signed, I am glad to see that he is finally getting some Hab love.

Great Game Metro! ;)

i liked the signing last february but then he played like a smelly substance until april, this year he is playing like he did in 2007 with Boston

He had an amazing game tonight, I thought. I was surprised with how eager he was to get into scrums after an injury.

Now I remember why he was getting on my nerves so much when he was playing for the Booins. Great game, welcome back Metro.

I don't call him Metro for nothing... now if others will jump on the train and follow his lead things can only get better.

One of Bob Gainey's better moves no doubt...

I glad so many people have come around on Metro. I loved the pick up last year, but reading all the hate for him on this board got me raging pretty hard. Glad he's off to a good start this year, definitely the kind of work ethic and player we want and need. You see how they had to kick him and Carey off the ice at practice the other day?

Wow unbelievable hockey this guy is playing lately. When we picked this guy up off waivers I thought him to be a soso 4th liner with limited skill. It turns out Glen is an incredible hockey player. Everything from killing penalties and now PP time. He looked impeccable on the PP. If he plays like he did last game throughout the season he will definetly be my new favorite Canadiens. I love how he is getting lots of ice time and playing on the 3rd line, we need him.

burnsu.jpg

:D :D :D

Glad to see Metro back, but let's be real: he's not going to score like this on a regular basis and it's unfair to expect it of him. That's why we have top-six forwards: to carry the bulk of the scoring load. If Glen can play solid defensive hockey and chip in with the odd goal every so often, I'll be happy.

:D :D :D

Glad to see Metro back, but let's be real: he's not going to score like this on a regular basis and it's unfair to expect it of him. That's why we have top-six forwards: to carry the bulk of the scoring load. If Glen can play solid defensive hockey and chip in with the odd goal every so often, I'll be happy.

Could depend on how much powerplay time he is given ;)

How many top six forwards do the Habs have that play with his intensity really?

Could depend on how much powerplay time he is given ;)

How many top six forwards do the Habs have that play with his intensity really?

Well, intensity isn't a substitute for skill IMO. Tom Kostopoulos played with a lot of intensity. Didn't mean he was a goalscorer.

But to answer your question, I've seen a lot of pep from Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri, Plekanec, and AK. Tonight Lapierre put on his working shoes.

Well, intensity isn't a substitute for skill IMO. Tom Kostopoulos played with a lot of intensity. Didn't mean he was a goalscorer.

But to answer your question, I've seen a lot of pep from Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri, Plekanec, and AK. Tonight Lapierre put on his working shoes.

Glen has scored at every level, league and year (except for a couple of years) since he turned pro in '95... at the NHL level, given his usual role, 15-20 shouldn't be a stretch at all... he has the hands to be a scorer if necessary...

Agreed (in some respects)... however I would venture that Metro has a lot more skill than Kostopoulos has.

I would have still liked to see what Lats and Lapierre would do with Plekanec or Gomez centering them...

Andrei still hasn't impressed me enough. Before the S.Kos fiasco, I considered Metro as the Bros centerman... and still believe it would have been worth a look.

So Cammalleri-Gomez/Pleks-Gionta; S.Kos-Metro-A.Kos; Lats-Pleks/Gomez-Lapierre is what I'm saying was a possibility IMO.

Edited by brianw6

Glen has scored at every level, league and year (except for a couple of years) since he turned pro in '95... at the NHL level, given his usual role, 15-20 shouldn't be a stretch at all... he has the hands to be a scorer if necessary...

He's never scored 20 goals at the NHL level. Since the lockout, his highest was 14 goals in 06-07. If he gives us 10-12 goals, I'll be more than satisfied. As a top-six forward, though, we'd need more than 10-12 goals and 30-something points. I'm happy with him on the third line and as a right-hand man on the PP.

He's never scored 20 goals at the NHL level. Since the lockout, his highest was 14 goals in 06-07. If he gives us 10-12 goals, I'll be more than satisfied. As a top-six forward, though, we'd need more than 10-12 goals and 30-something points. I'm happy with him on the third line and as a right-hand man on the PP.

Did he play top-six minutes during that time?

That said, he probably won't get the time and will settle in at 3rd-4th line center.

In defense of Wayne, Glen got those numbers with low ice time and poor linemates in the NHL.

In defense of Weep, Glen's major numbers weren't in Major Junior even, and while he did play well in the minors, it wasn't great considering his age.

upon reflection, I agree that might be a bit high... 12-17 is more likely, especially if JM keeps giving him PP time... he got PP time in Atlanta since they didn't have much else going for them other than Hossa, Kovalchuk and Kozlov...

ironically, being such a good defensive player hurts his numbers... if he's out there on every PK, that's going to cut into his even-strength and PP time... but that's his role at the NHL level...

I was glad to have him back very early on tonight -- Mara went below the goalline to pressure the puck carrier and an Islander was left alone in front of Halak, Metropolit was the Hab who went to cover him, the other three were just watching Mara... without Metropolit, that's the type of play that usually ends up with the puck in the net and people blaming the goalie :rolleyes:

Edited by Wayne

Another great game by Metro! We really missed this guy, probably more then any of us can imagine. A great team guy, a great worker and another leader. Way to go Metro!

A great pick up last year, I didnt know anything about this guy until we picked him up, good team guy, defensivley responsible and has some offensive flash, was good on the PP last night.

Him, Pacioretty and Moen played well last night.

Another great game by Metro! We really missed this guy, probably more then any of us can imagine. A great team guy, a great worker and another leader. Way to go Metro!

Yeah, I'm eating crow on my Metropolit comments before the season started. He has been good for us this season.

I love cheering for the guys that fly under the radar. Not that he went unnoticed last night but wow what an effort. Our bottom lines weren't fairing too well and he did what he could last night to help fix that.