The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Glen Metropolit

That has more to do with our top defenceman than a 4th line center getting limited minutes.

Definitely, and one could argue that the 2 wins we got with Metropolit were actually 2 of our 3 worst performances this season so whatever. He's not going to make much of a difference.

It's funny how over the summer people were talking about packaging him away in some type of trade...now people are singing his praises. I have always liked his work effort and will always support keeping him over players like Lats, Laps, and Laraque. I think he plays good enough to warrant a position on the top 2 lines. I would actually try him with Cams and see what he can do. He seems to have deceptive speed.

It's funny how over the summer people were talking about packaging him away in some type of trade...now people are singing his praises. I have always liked his work effort and will always support keeping him over players like Lats, Laps, and Laraque. I think he plays good enough to warrant a position on the top 2 lines. I would actually try him with Cams and see what he can do. He seems to have deceptive speed.

Okay, I admit the guy does a nice job on the 4th line, but come on.Second line center adn 4th line center are 2 completely different jobs. Thats like asking for the guy that replaced your windshield to rebuild your engine cause you're impressed with his glass work.

Okay, I admit the guy does a nice job on the 4th line, but come on.Second line center adn 4th line center are 2 completely different jobs. Thats like asking for the guy that replaced your windshield to rebuild your engine cause you're impressed with his glass work.

I like that line :)

Metro's been one of my favourite players on the team since we picked him up, but even I've got to admit that he's good where he is. If you recall, after playing so well with Higgins and Dandenault they actually tried him as a second line centre for a short time last year when Lang was injured and Pleks was playing terribly (was it in the playoffs? Can't remember...). Either way... it didn't go so hot.

The reason he's playing so well is because he's being asked to perform a roll that he's suited to. Markov's also got good hands, but we wouldn't stick him on the first line either because we'd be taking him away from what he does so well.

I don't think that's a fair analogy. I would say it's more like asking a mechanic who fixes Hondas to fix your Porsche...I know, no one would ever do that to their Porsche (I don't have one by the way, just trying to make a point), but it is within the realm of possibility that the guy who fixes hondas is good enough to go and fix a porsche...Which is my reason for trying out Metro, JUST to see what would happen.