The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Glen Metropolit

metro!!!! wow!!!! oh man how could you not love this guy
why don't we ask the people who called/referred to him as 'garbage', 'mediocre', 'mediocre crap', 'useless' -- and this doesn't include any of the stuff JR or Canadian Mike called him :P -- and many other uncomplimentary things since he was acquired...

there's (at least) one other poster who has constantly bad-mouthed Metropolit and has refused to admit he was wrong -- I didn't think too much of his posting to begin with -- and I don't mean Weep, who despite claiming he didn't hate the acquisition, continued to knock Metropolit... it's pretty obvious if you read the Archives, which are good for a laugh:

Habs Pick Metropolit Off Waivers, Eklund E5, plus NHL.com shows him as a Hab

Glen Metropolit

and of course, Metropolit is abused in this thread too:

Kyle Chipchura

to all those who insisted before the season started that Chipchura was already better than Metropolit at EVERYTHING, where's the video of him shooting the lights out?

If we could get this line a sniper it would be deadly. Metro seems to come up with the puck he like Risebrough was, Patches is a playmaker he got good vision and can pass the puck, they need someone to fire the puck. How about Cammy he likes to shoot, Martin could put Moen with Gomez and Gionta to add some size and grit to that line, who knows, maybe this would balance the plate a little, other teams are putting their big D-men against them they would not be able to if Martin added some size on that line.

I wonder if we could/should resign this guy...

Between Chipchura, White and Lapierre I hope by the start of next year we have 2 guys to be out bottom-2 forwards.

We'll also need every penny of cap space as Plekanec and Price are in line for a raise. Metropolit makes 1 million per year. Those guys? 0.5, 0.85 and 0.688 million.

2 years from now, Hal Gill, Georges Laraque and Roman Hamrlik's contracts are up. Until that point it's gonna be tight.

Hard to say if we sign him or not.. As he isnt a big peice, he could be replacable,, kind of reminds me of.

Smoke,bonk,lang and so on, All decent players but all replacable.

Hard to say if we should keep him or not... I wouldnt mind having a 6'5 center taking his place.. At the same time, i doubt the 6'5 guy will have the hands @ metro, as if he did he wouldnt be getting the lousy 1 million paycheck that metro is receiving