The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Nba, Nhl Soften Stance On Jersey Ads

Bourne

Well,being the league's chief operating office,wouldn't you suppose that he ran this idea across Bettman's desk?

And the approval if granted would come from Bettman?

You would think so. This isn't a rule change but its still a pretty big deal to the fans.

Not really, thats not CBA or an intrical league-related issue. I'm sure he can veto it, but I don't think he has to approve it, its not his main area of work.

I'm not saying its not possible they ever talked about it, but to say this is Bettman's last call is wrong because this is strictly Collin's field.

Surely he would have to consult the owners though? If this guy has carte blanche and do whatever he wants when it comes to his department that's pretty scary. It's really hard to believe that something like this would happen without him at least consulting Bettman and/or the owners.

Surely he would have to consult the owners though? If this guy has carte blanche and do whatever he wants when it comes to his department that's pretty scary. It's really hard to believe that something like this would happen without him at least consulting Bettman and/or the owners.

Yaya I'm sure it goes through the Board of Governors in a voting process, but to suggest Bettman has a huge say in this or it was his idea is nonsensical since its Collins department and Collins who said they were considering it as the article states.

I'm not saying its not possible they ever talked about it, but to say this is Bettman's last call is wrong because this is strictly Collin's field.

Well,it appears I forgot to mentioned the owners.

Yaya I'm sure it goes through the Board of Governors in a voting process, but to suggest Bettman has a huge say in this or it was his idea is nonsensical since its Collins department and Collins who said they were considering it as the article states.

Bettman gets too much blame, he's really just the voice of the board most of the time. He's not out there making huge changes or running the game on his own, it all goes through the BOG. Sure, Bettman has a lot of pull and power. For example, I know people were blaming Bettman for not changing the unbalanced schedule fast enough, but it was the BOG who voted to keep the unbalanced schedule, and the Habs were one of the teams who voted to keep it.

it may not be bettman's brainchild but he would definitely support an idea like this and we blame him for the same reason people blame gainey for signing a player who doesn't live up to his contract...he is 'the man in charge'. it's not rational but it's an easy target.

Archived