The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Kyle Chipchura

AK-1

Kyle Chipchura is now the best faceoff center on the team, he leads centers with a 54.2% success rate.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fet...iewName=summary

I don't know if that includes tonight's game.

Lapierre 54%, Metropolit 51.8%, Plekanec 50.3%, White 50%, and Gomez 48.4%.

I think this shows what a ***** last year's main argument against Chipchura was - that he sucks at faceoffs. A small sample of faceoffs obtained over 10 games has an accuracy of only 10% 19 times out of 20. Additionally it's clearly not impossible to learn.

Chipchura is one of my faves on this team! I missed the Nashville game (thank god, or I'd have a smashed Pioneer plasma) but I don't know why we are playing guys like Latendresse and Kostitsyn but sitting him in the pressbox. Anyways, I am at a loss overall here!

Monkey, get off our backs!

Not sure how he played overall since I didn't get the game on tv(yay center ice!) but I see he led the team in the circle tonight with 60%.

IMO he was one of the better players in last night's outing. Not that it says much after such a pitiful performance but still... And I agree, very happy with the faceoff numbers.

We have to face it, he is just an average player and a career AHLer in my opinion. There are so many better option than Chips even in Hamilton right now.

I have to disagree with this, I think that Chipchura is a solid hockey player and an NHL talent. He can be a force out there, just needs some more time playing in consecutive games to really come through. He has showed a lot of good things this year when played but just can't find the score sheet, not unlike a few other guys on the roster!

I'm surprised Stewart's in the lineup and not Chipchura. :o

are you kidding? why on earth is Chipchura not getting his chances? he's improved every game he's played, and always gives 100% effort. He's not there to score goals, he's there to play an effective defensive game, grind it out in the corners, etc. given time, that effort will translate into points as he digs out the puck for his linemates.

I have to disagree with this, I think that Chipchura is a solid hockey player and an NHL talent. He can be a force out there, just needs some more time playing in consecutive games to really come through. He has showed a lot of good things this year when played but just can't find the score sheet, not unlike a few other guys on the roster!

I agree, he has improved alot this year also and deserves a roster spot at the moment

I'm surprised Stewart's in the lineup and not Chipchura. :o

Wow, meaning Lats is in instead of Chipchura. Will he ever spend a game in the pressbox

I'm lost as to why this guy is not being used. I really think, given the chance, that he would help improve our defensive zone coverage, which has been sorely lacking. Again, I have to assume that he is hurt, otherwise this move makes no sense. Finally, how do you expect a guy to show you anything if he is nailed to the bench, or in this case, in the press box. Stewart played 2 minutes last night. I can not be convinced that Chips could have given the team something more then that.

What do you suggest? Let him play more & see if he gets better or cut him loose now instead of waiting till the end of the season?

Keep him around as our team is dropping like flies... To think the flu hasnt even hit out team yet and were missing sooooooo many players,

Just such a waste of a 1st round pick...