The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Kyle Chipchura

AK-1

issue is he will never score on a break away, he will never score in general

This kid can barely stay on his 2 feet with out falling

While I'm not his biggest fan, I think you're definitely underrating him here.

Give credit were credit is due, the last few games he played were good after being off to a slow start.

The second this guy gets put on Waivers he will be a Mapleleaf, and every team will try and pick him up, hes a young player, a born leader, and will find his offensive side but hes mainly a defensive player. Great last few games Chippy and hope your a hab for a very long time. Personally i think he will develep into a player like Laps but better.

Major transformation in the last couple of games. Hopefully this is a sign of him being back in game shape (after missing preseason) and getting comfortable/confidence - rather than a blip or abberation.

Like others have noted, Id really like to see a line combination of Lats-Laps-Chips - three feisty pests? - I think it could be brutal to play against.

I don't think he is even worth resigning what a waste of a 1st round pick.

I don't think we are watching the same hockey games. Plus Montreal has at least two centers who are UFA in the summer.

Latendresse - Chips - Dags was a good line until Dags was injuried. Lots of hard work and several good scoring chances for the line over the past 7 games. IMO.

I believe that Latendresse - Chips - Lapierre would be a good 2nd or 3rd line for Montreal. Possibly for many more seasons as they are all young and next contracts are they are still RFA. If the line starts to put up 70+ goals then 2nd line otherwise a solid 3rd line that can get some goals and use their size to punish the other team.

A lot of fans disliked Chips for his poor FO%. Well his numbers this season are definitely better. Strange thing. I can only find Gomez and Pleks. Lapierre, Chips, and Metro all take faceoffs. But I know his numbers are a lot better from watching the games. I took some work. But ESPN indicates that Chips FO% is 56%

I don't think we are watching the same hockey games. Plus Montreal has at least two centers who are UFA in the summer.

Latendresse - Chips - Dags was a good line until Dags was injuried. Lots of hard work and several good scoring chances for the line over the past 7 games. IMO.

I believe that Latendresse - Chips - Lapierre would be a good 2nd or 3rd line for Montreal. Possibly for many more seasons as they are all young and next contracts are they are still RFA. If the line starts to put up 70+ goals then 2nd line otherwise a solid 3rd line that can get some goals and use their size to punish the other team.

A lot of fans disliked Chips for his poor FO%. Well his numbers this season are definitely better. Strange thing. I can only find Gomez and Pleks. Lapierre, Chips, and Metro all take faceoffs. But I know his numbers are a lot better from watching the games. I took some work. But ESPN indicates that Chips FO% is 56%

a steady improvement and like Gorges he is a leader, though he will never be a 30 goal scorer he has got jam and some size down the middle. Good energy line person and pk .

This is the best thing that could happen in Chipchura's case. He got an opportunity when Metropolit was injured, and he's starting to gain in confidence.

We are always criticizing the Habs' drafts and while it is true that drafting Chipchura in the 1st round was a critical mistake, it is real good to seem him starting to pan out as an NHL player.

This being said, he must never take his spot on the team for granted, as players like him are a dime a dozen, and he is far from talented enough to keep playing in this league without superior effort. Look at SK for the example NOT to follow.

This is the best thing that could happen in Chipchura's case. He got an opportunity when Metropolit was injured, and he's starting to gain in confidence.

We are always criticizing the Habs' drafts and while it is true that drafting Chipchura in the 1st round was a critical mistake, it is real good to seem him starting to pan out as an NHL player.

This being said, he must never take his spot on the team for granted, as players like him are a dime a dozen, and he is far from talented enough to keep playing in this league without superior effort. Look at SK for the example NOT to follow.

Should any player take their spot for granted?

Mr Invisible has been playing ALOT better the last few games. Props to him for not being Invisible anymore and showing that maybe just maybe he does have a spot on our team and in the NHL.

Keep it up scruffy man. :P

Looks like he's finally finding his confidence, He's been playing with alot of spunk.

He's improved on face-offs, which is very encouraging, and isn't making the highlight reel for the wrong reasons. Pretty much all you can expect of a guy who figures to plateau as a checking center.

On the other hand, he has absolutely no sense of how to use his linemates in either zone of play, which is worrisome. When he gets the puck, his head goes down and he stops noticing what his teammates are doing on the ice. If he wants to stick in the NHL, he has got to stop trying to be a one-man army every shift.

Looks like he's finally finding his confidence, He's been playing with alot of spunk.

yup........guess being a healthy scratch is a good way to keep building that confidence :rolleyes: why this guy isn't playing against boston is beyond me. I think he's improved ever single game he's played. He certainly hasn't been our worst player. There are a few people that should be in line for the press box ahead of ths guy. Very frustrating.