The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Kyle Chipchura

AK-1

Would like to see this guy on a line with Pyatt and White actually. It would certainly be a hard working line. CHips deserves to be back in the line up ( he didn't deserve to sit in my opnion).

I would have liked to see Chips continue to be played even though Pyatt and White are in the line-up... but who sits in his place?

I would have liked to see Chips continue to be played even though Pyatt and White are in the line-up... but who sits in his place?

Lats, IMO

Cams-Gomez_Gionta

AK46-Pleks-Metro (to ease AK back into the secodn line with a guy that he's been playing hard with)

Moen-Laps-Pac

White-Chips-Pyatt

I would LOVE to see that line-up. Keep Metro up on teh second line til someone stesp up (Pacs?).

Chips is horrible.

Let me guess, you judge players strickly on goals and points? Chips is out there grinding every game, getting better every shift. Chipchura is developing into that type of player that every team needs. Not going to be the flashiest, or the most recognized, and you wont' see his name on many jersey's in the crowd, but i bet he's gonna be that type of player that everyone else on the team picks as one of the top 2 or 3 guys they'd want with them if they had to build a team from scratch. Horrible? Hardly.

He cant fight,

Isnt a big hitter

makes bad decisions with puck

Has a bad shot

no offensive ability

Last i looked he sucked @ faceoffs aswel

You must not have checked this season(or the last 7 or so games last season) because he's sitting at 53.5% for this season.

I'm not even going to bother replying about the rest of your points because you already made up your mind on him long ago. :rolleyes:

Chipchura isn't THAT bad. In fact, I think he's been quite okay this season. I wish we had allowed him to stay with the NHL team last year, or the year before, though. He might have followed a better development curve had we actually allowed some of our prospects to come into the NHL instead of sending them back to Hamilton so Mathieu Dandenault could play 4th line hockey.

He cant fight,

Isnt a big hitter

makes bad decisions with puck

Has a bad shot

no offensive ability

Last i looked he sucked @ faceoffs aswel

I really wonder sometimes if many of you watch the same game as I do. Chips can and has fought this year. Each fight has been effective. In fact, he has won more then he has lost. He has helped to shift momentum during these fights, picking his spots effectively. Although not a big hitter, Chips does not get knocked off of the puck. He has used his size effectively and is very sound in the defensive zone. In fact, prior to being a healthy scratch, Chips was used at times on the PK. As for the faceoffs, Chips has improved significantly and has been better then 50% this season. I would agree that he has very limited offensize upside, however our biggest issue at this point is limiting chances and reducing goals against.

Really, the fact that Chips sits in favour of Lats has me completely confused.

I really wonder sometimes if many of you watch the same game as I do. Chips can and has fought this year. Each fight has been effective. In fact, he has won more then he has lost. He has helped to shift momentum during these fights, picking his spots effectively. Although not a big hitter, Chips does not get knocked off of the puck. He has used his size effectively and is very sound in the defensive zone. In fact, prior to being a healthy scratch, Chips was used at times on the PK. As for the faceoffs, Chips has improved significantly and has been better then 50% this season. I would agree that he has very limited offensize upside, however our biggest issue at this point is limiting chances and reducing goals against.

Really, the fact that Chips sits in favour of Lats has me completely confused.

all true in fact i had been thinking this year what a nice surprise it is that chips fights as well as he does. hes a tough kid and like you said way better in the circle than last year

Acquired: 1st pick (18 overall), 2004 NHL Entry Draft

Thats what hurts the most.. He was our 1st round pick.. If it wasnt for us not wanting to give up hope on him, and him accepting league minimum he would not be part of the club..

99% Sure he walks away after this season, and we get 0 in return... Total waste of a first round draft pikc

Acquired: 1st pick (18 overall), 2004 NHL Entry Draft

Thats what hurts the most.. He was our 1st round pick.. If it wasnt for us not wanting to give up hope on him, and him accepting league minimum he would not be part of the club..

99% Sure he walks away after this season, and we get 0 in return... Total waste of a first round draft pikc

He could have walked this past off-season but didn't and signed for one year at 1/2 a million. There is still a lot of season left the way I see it and he will play. Keep in mind the fact that he had off-season surgery to repair his shoulder and missed the pre-season. Though it hasn't been made public, perhaps he still needs more time for that shoulder and is being scratched for that reason.

I really hope we return Chips to the line up asap. I can not understand why he is out and Lats is in. Unless Chips is injured, this makes no sense. Do we have anyone on our team in the forward position who can actually handle themselves tonight? Calgary is a beast and we are running the risk of getting hammered if we have no insurance policy in place (so to speak). Anyway, I hope he is back in when we hit the road. I think this might be Lats last chance.

He could have walked this past off-season but didn't and signed for one year at 1/2 a million. There is still a lot of season left the way I see it and he will play. Keep in mind the fact that he had off-season surgery to repair his shoulder and missed the pre-season. Though it hasn't been made public, perhaps he still needs more time for that shoulder and is being scratched for that reason.

Sure he could have walked,, But is the local home depot hiring these days?

He isnt a nhl caliber player.. If we could get a pick for him id jump @ the oppurtunity... Easily pick someone else off of waivers who can do better