The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Kyle Chipchura

AK-1

The fact he was benched after improveing every single game, being NO where near the worst player is puzzling, we are not treating Chippy right

Amen brotha

I really hope we return Chips to the line up asap. I can not understand why he is out and Lats is in. Unless Chips is injured, this makes no sense. Do we have anyone on our team in the forward position who can actually handle themselves tonight? Calgary is a beast and we are running the risk of getting hammered if we have no insurance policy in place (so to speak). Anyway, I hope he is back in when we hit the road. I think this might be Lats last chance.

I Can't understand it either...Chips is way more effective than Lats IMO

Amen brotha

I Can't understand it either...Chips is way more effective than Lats IMO

JM is really treating Chippy Poorly, its time for Chippy to ask for a trade because this team wont give him a chance, id rather be Sergi then Chippy, atleast Sergi is playing, Chippy gets to sit on his butt and watch even though hes played better then half our forwards the few games that JM decided he was allowed to play in

Im losing faith in JM.

I hate to actually say this, but I am hoping that Chips is unhealthy right now. I really cant think of any other reason why he would not be in our lineup over at least Gui. Anyway, as noted, I am hoping that Martin has a legit reason to keep him in the press box, because I just dont get it.

I hate to actually say this, but I am hoping that Chips is unhealthy right now. I really cant think of any other reason why he would not be in our lineup over at least Gui. Anyway, as noted, I am hoping that Martin has a legit reason to keep him in the press box, because I just dont get it.

I don't think it's too big of a deal, either way. I think Martin really sees that he needs some of the EXPECTED secondary scoreres (like Gui) to start scoring, and he's giving them every opportunity to up their game before sitting them. We saw the same thing happen with Andrei, and Andrei responded appropriately with good efforts in 3 or 4 straight games. Kyle, on the other hand, isn't expected to score, and isn't expected to do much that White and Pyatt aren't doing while he's out, anyway. SO... I guess Martin is waiting to see if Gui will respond before possibly bringing back Kyle into the lineup. Or, so I would assume (take it for what you will ;) ).

Zero points is not good. But his face-offs numbers were good. He was working hard. His ability to kill penalties is good. Chips is able to drop the gloves which our team seemed to lack against the Flames. I would rather see Chips in the lineup right now then a couple of the other forwards. Either as a center or winger.

Chipchura is in no position to complain.

Yes he playing better when he was demoted, but only for a half-dozen games, and the only thing other NHL GMs will see is that he doesn't generate points and he's a minus player.

Eventually White and Pyatt will be sent down.

Zero points is not good. But his face-offs numbers were good. He was working hard. His ability to kill penalties is good. Chips is able to drop the gloves which our team seemed to lack against the Flames. I would rather see Chips in the lineup right now then a couple of the other forwards. Either as a center or winger.

Able to drop gloves.. Guy wears a visor and uses it as a shield....100% his helmet is on as tight as possible... Probably tightens it up before he fights

Able to drop gloves.. Guy wears a visor and uses it as a shield....100% his helmet is on as tight as possible... Probably tightens it up before he fights

I don't care if he brings four bodyguards, a sword, six crusaders and wears chain male...bottom line is on a team of guys that rarely drop gloves...I like the fact he has been sticking up for his teamates. That in itself if of some value. Love his faceoffs just needs to work on defensive play and IMO, he's got a position on the 4th line. Send him to fighting lessons in the offseason and turn him into a decent fighter that can play...otherwise we write off our 1st round pick...

Yeah, I'm really starting to wonder wear this guy finds the luck. How did he by-pass the AHL? how did he stick around his first year? and HOW is Gui here now and Chips not?

Chipchura was playing very well in the role he was there to play. He missed ttraining camp and needed time to adjust, and he was doing just that. Every game he played better than the last...so he's rewarded with a multi-game benching while other players play far worse and show less effort. How are you suppose to stay motivated in a system like that?

Sure latendress isnt having the best of season..

Seems JM doesnt like his style of play... That all being said,

Chips is just as bad, if not worse,,

I have 0 confidence in Chips, and i hope he doesnt come back unless we have even more injuries on this team..

heck were pretty muc playing as a AHL team as is

Just wondering if some of you watched the game last night. Gui is not effective in any way whatsoever. To suggest that he is of more use to this team then Chips is a stretch at best. Chips should be playing. Not because he deserves it, not because he is owed it, but because he is the better player with more upside. As for the comment regarding our team becoming the Bulldogs, hey, if we are winning, I would rather go with guys like White, Pyatt, Chips, Carle, etc. At least the effort is there. Gui is not bringing anything to the party at all.

It is funny. Chips was playing better every game and he gets sent to the press box. I actually like White and Pyatt especially on the PK. However, Latendresse is wasting a roster spot currently. I disagree about A.Kostitsyn. I think Andrei is playing better and will get some goals soon. It is ironic that Chips gave at least 10 great passes to Latendresse that should have resulted in 7+ goals. Latendresse scored zero times on the great passes. So Chips has zero points thanks to Latendresse (the next superstar) failing to do his job. Life is funny. The three worse games for Chips were his first three games when he was still in pre-season game condition thanks to missing training camp and pre-season recovering from surgery.

Chips decided to wear a visor to protect his eyes. Yet some fans complain that he wears a visor. Well the facts are that Chips has dropped the gloves a couple of times this season and he does just fine.

It is funny. Chips was playing better every game and he gets sent to the press box. I actually like White and Pyatt especially on the PK. However, Latendresse is wasting a roster spot currently. I disagree about A.Kostitsyn. I think Andrei is playing better and will get some goals soon. It is ironic that Chips gave at least 10 great passes to Latendresse that should have resulted in 7+ goals. Latendresse scored zero times on the great passes. So Chips has zero points thanks to Latendresse (the next superstar) failing to do his job. Life is funny. The three worse games for Chips were his first three games when he was still in pre-season game condition thanks to missing training camp and pre-season recovering from surgery.

Chips decided to wear a visor to protect his eyes. Yet some fans complain that he wears a visor. Well the facts are that Chips has dropped the gloves a couple of times this season and he does just fine.

What's wrong with wearing a visor?

Yeah, I'm really starting to wonder wear this guy finds the luck. How did he by-pass the AHL? how did he stick around his first year? and HOW is Gui here now and Chips not?

Chipchura was playing very well in the role he was there to play. He missed ttraining camp and needed time to adjust, and he was doing just that. Every game he played better than the last...so he's rewarded with a multi-game benching while other players play far worse and show less effort. How are you suppose to stay motivated in a system like that?

exactly my point, it just boggles the mind.

Just wondering if some of you watched the game last night. Gui is not effective in any way whatsoever. To suggest that he is of more use to this team then Chips is a stretch at best. Chips should be playing. Not because he deserves it, not because he is owed it, but because he is the better player with more upside. As for the comment regarding our team becoming the Bulldogs, hey, if we are winning, I would rather go with guys like White, Pyatt, Chips, Carle, etc. At least the effort is there. Gui is not bringing anything to the party at all.

I agree with ya 100%. The fact that chips was playing just fine and lats does nothing but coast is not fair at all. I really am starting to question JM because lats over chips, Bergeron over Carle are stupid decisions and I can see it very clear and I've never coached hockey before. I mean think about it, how is someone supposed to want to play for a team that rewards and punishes the wrong people

Agreed on all points! I'm glad someone else noticed all those easy tap in passes to lats from chips too. Chips has played good and sticks up for his teammates when needed. He handles himself just fine and isn't a fighter in the first place

Our forum members get their wish! Chips in for Guillaume tonight.

Unlike Carbo, Martin obviously reads the message boards. :lol:

I would have made it Chips for A.Kostitsyn who hasn't done anything, can't seem to fit with anyone and is being paid a lot more money for the nothing he is providing at this point.

At least we know that when Lats and Lapierre do play together they can be effective.

Our forum members get their wish! Chips in for Guillaume tonight.

Unlike Carbo, Martin obviously reads the message boards. :lol:

Very nice to hear, now if only we played Carle instead of MAB I'd have alot more faith in JM

I would have made it Chips for A.Kostitsyn who hasn't done anything, can't seem to fit with anyone and is being paid a lot more money for the nothing he is providing at this point.

At least we know that when Lats and Lapierre do play together they can be effective.

He fits well with Pleks....Put them with someone who actually has offensive talent and skill and I bet they would be an effective line....Lats has done less than Andrei has so far this year, IMO

Very nice to hear, now if only we played Carle instead of MAB I'd have alot more faith in JM

He fits well with Pleks....Put them with someone who actually has offensive talent and skill and I bet they would be an effective line....Lats has done less than Andrei has so far this year, IMO

Sorry I disagree.

But good for Chips in any case. He deserves an honest chance.