Tv Worth Watching?

Wayne-1

I watch:

Caprica

V

Smallville

True Blood

I'm looking forward to the Cape.

Anyone here a fan of Supernatural? Smallville, perhaps? :)

Yup,

Kryptonsite.com has a great message board for SV.

Did you like season 9? I'm one of those rare people that preferred season 8.

what do you think of the remake?

Being 26 years old, I never caught the original. I think this new series, on its own, is ok. I'm a science fiction junkie, which means I have a high tolerance for bad science fiction. I do think this show is pretty bad, but I still enjoy it.

You have your good-looking actresses, you have narrative arcs that move forward briskly from one episode to the next, you have conflicts between deep and powerful forces. On the other hand, you have characters behaving in completely irrational ways.

The resistance is headed by working mother, a former terrorist for hire with a british accent, an alien insurgent, and a priest. How the heck do you end up with this combination of people? You wouldn't - but they want to appeal to a broad audience.

Being 26 years old, I never caught the original. I think this new series, on its own, is ok. I'm a science fiction junkie, which means I have a high tolerance for bad science fiction. I do think this show is pretty bad, but I still enjoy it.

You have your good-looking actresses, you have narrative arcs that move forward briskly from one episode to the next, you have conflicts between deep and powerful forces. On the other hand, you have characters behaving in completely irrational ways.

The resistance is headed by working mother, a former terrorist for hire with a british accent, an alien insurgent, and a priest. How the heck do you end up with this combination of people? You wouldn't - but they want to appeal to a broad audience.

The 80's version was quite the chesse-fest as well!

Yeah, it's watchable but not that great. I wouldn't have been too disappointed had it been canceled. As for the group of people making up the resistance, that's how a resistence starts - a small group of people decides to make a stand. Doesn't really matter who they are.

Yup,

Yeah I did like season nine. In fact, I LOVED season 8 and LOVED(but like more :D ) season 9. I know a lot of people thought Zod (Callum Blue) was annoying, but I thought he was awesome.

Spoilers Warning (those who have NOT seen season 8 &/or 9)

Season eight was really good...seemed like the show was finally mature in a way...better dialogue and more complex plots than they'd had in some earlier seasons (5 & 7, IMO). But Chloe running off with Davis (Sam Witwer) in the end kinda did not make sense to me at all :huh: and idk it just sort of ruined the season for me (not all of it but still )

Also, the final battle with Doomsday was just weak and in the end it felt like I had wasted my time expecting this like huge battle between Superman and Doomsday!! :lol:

Season 9 now, it had its issues just like any other series (except for SPN :P )...

But the story was really compelling , from Clark running away, to the flash forward episode, the Kandorians... One of the few things I did not like was Tess being a classic "Whose side is she on today?" character, it just bugged me. <_<

Long post ik :P

I watch:

Caprica

V

Smallville

True Blood

I'm looking forward to the Cape.

Yup,

true blood is something else loll...the first time i watched i was like :blink:

I have been loving television these past few years. I have found that the quality of several shows has been very good and very worthwhile. There are the staples, like Lost, that everyone seems to love or hate. Other shows I have been watching are 30 Rock (comedy) and Fringe (sci-fi). I also just picked up Joss Whedon's Firefly (sci-fi) on Blu-ray from Amazon.ca! Great series that was cut way too short. I have also heard that The Wire is an exceptional show, but I have not yet checked it out. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (comedy) is great for a laugh, too.

• 3 weeks later...
It's not too bad..

Yah, I like the main actress in other things she did. And the fact it is filmed in Toronto just because its the real cop cars and real places I know. I just hope I don't get attched and then they cancel it like what happened to me with Southland.