The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Tv Worth Watching?

Wayne-1

I was disappointed with the return of Futurama. I watched the premiere and thought it was so terrible I ignored the other new episodes. I'm excited for the new zombie series, The Walking Dead, based on the comics by Robert Kirkman.

Wash your hands after typing such things! The Futurama premier was excellent!

Also keep your eyes on the remake of Hawaii Five-O. I have heard it is a very well-done remake. I loved the original, and it's my all time favorite cop show.

It will be very interesting how some of the new guys handle playing the likes of Steve McGarrett, Danny Williams, Chin Ho Kelly and Kono.

The originals were:

Jack Lord - McGarrett

James McArthur - Williams (Book 'em Danno)

Kam Fong - Chin Ho Kelly

Zulu - Kono

It is going to be back on CBS this fall on Monday nights.

BTW, I just love the hit instrumental title song "Theme From Hawaii Five-O" by the Ventures - with that classic scene of the wave rolling in.

Criminal Minds.

Use to love that show... Have had trouble getting into it now that Gideon is no longer a character.

With it being the offseason, I'm at a loss, I don't know what to watch. So, the wife and I have had gotten into series. Some I watch for her-like Supernatural-but one series I recently finished was the Shield. I use to love the show, but got lost when Showcase dropped it. It was picked up by another channel, but by then, I was a season or 2 behind. It was nice to see it from beginning to end.

To be honest, I'm usually disappointed with series finale, but I found the Shield had one of the best finale of any series I've watched.

I will warn you, it is very graphic and violent.

Guest habs1952
Also keep your eyes on the remake of Hawaii Five-O. I have heard it is a very well-done remake. I loved the original, and it's my all time favorite cop show.

It will be very interesting how some of the new guys handle playing the likes of Steve McGarrett, Danny Williams, Chin Ho Kelly and Kono.

The originals were:

Jack Lord - McGarrett

Kam Fong - Chin Ho Kelly

Zulu - Kono

BTW, I just love the hit instrumental title song "Theme From Hawaii Five-O" by the Ventures - with that classic scene of the wave rolling in.

Man I loved that show too! Can't wait to see the remake. Looking forward to seeing Wo Fat again after the last series ended. :)

Amen to that. Wo Fat was the Chinese spy who kept using his diplomatic immunity to get away from McGarrett. Goes to show that even he didn't get his man. I just loved the Hawaiian scenes and everything else associated with Hawaii.

Here's a great story from the Christian Science Monitor about the remake, which will actually have a lady playing for the first time, and the show got excellent reviews:

http://www.csmonitor.com/From-the-news-wir...i-Five-O-Remake

And the lady's character is Kono, too.

The theme song clip from the original show is also on here - performed by the Ventures. It is one of my favorite instrumental songs of all time, and this band was a major influence on the legendary band Chicago.

You can see some clips from the legendary original TV series here at:

http://www.cbs.com/classics/hawaii_five_0/video/

I'd like to put up the preview for the new series, but you can get to it from the link just above. Just be prepared for the ads. The theme song is an updated version of the classic song.

This sounds like a very exciting show to watch this fall.

I saw last night's season premiere of Mad Men on AMC TV.

Visit the Mad Men web site:

http://www.amctv.com/originals/madmen/

Participate in the Mad Men Job Interview:

http://www.amctv.com/originals/madmen/job-interview/

See if you have what it takes to work in Don Draper's ad agency.

I saw last night's season premiere of Mad Men on AMC TV.

Visit the Mad Men web site:

http://www.amctv.com/originals/madmen/

Participate in the Mad Men Job Interview:

http://www.amctv.com/originals/madmen/job-interview/

See if you have what it takes to work in Don Draper's ad agency.

I watched it as well. Surprisingly there has been a lot of Mad Men stuff on the CBC arts and entertainment section the last week.

Don Drapers romantic partners --- http://www.cbc.ca/arts/tv/story/2010/07/20...aper-women.html

Mad Men Quiz --- http://www.cbc.ca/cgi-bin/quiz/quiz.cgi?quiz=arts_madmen

and yesterday there was an interactive chat on the premiere

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/tv/story/2010/07/23...-live-chat.html

very odd for CBC to do so much coverage on a show they do not air.

For those like me that are new to the show Bravo is televising the first two seasons on Sunday at 4pm EDT. last Sunday they aired season 1 episode 1 and it looks like episode 2 from the 1st season is on next Sunday.

The originals were:

Jack Lord - McGarrett

Kam Fong - Chin Ho Kelly

Zulu - Kono

Will they keep the sound of screeching tires when speeding in pinapple plantations? that was so hilarious

Use to love that show... Have had trouble getting into it now that Gideon is no longer a character.

I personally like the show better now that Gideon is gone. I liked the character but it was like Gideon and his 'assistants'. Now it's more a full team with equal importance to each member eventhough they are reducing Prentiss' role and are removing JJ's for the upcoming season :( Then again, I guess that as long as Morgan is there, it'll keep my eyes glued on the screen :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Where's the True Blood love?

Seriously, best show on TV.

The only thing that makes the summer/offseason bearable is knowing there will be weekly fixes of True Blood (and hell's kitchen to an extent.. ).

Come Hockey Season.. if games don't interupt: Modern Family/Dragon's Den.

Anyone have any insight to the show Republic of Doyle? It started last season, and i was curious about how it got off the ground, but was to busy to make time to watch it

Started watching "The Gates" ... it's kinda silly though. Desperate Housewives meets True Blood, the vampire hype is getting really annoying.

Covert Affairs sucks, pretty much a love story with a touch of cloak & dagger CIA stuff. Yawn.

Also checked out Warehouse 13 the other day and found it somewhat amusing.

Mad Men is great, the only current TV show worth watching IMO.

Where's the True Blood love?

Seriously, best show on TV.

The only thing that makes the summer/offseason bearable is knowing there will be weekly fixes of True Blood (and hell's kitchen to an extent.. ).

Come Hockey Season.. if games don't interupt: Modern Family/Dragon's Den.

Anyone have any insight to the show Republic of Doyle? It started last season, and i was curious about how it got off the ground, but was to busy to make time to watch it

Is True Blood really that good? I have a couple of friends who swear by it and tell me I should check it out, but it just seems like sort of a "meh" premise.

Then again, the last time I was convinced to watch something that looked too corny was Battlestar Galactica, and I can't say I regret that.

Covert Affairs sucks, pretty much a love story with a touch of cloak & dagger CIA stuff. Yawn.

Also checked out Warehouse 13 the other day and found it somewhat amusing.

Were you watching the same show as me? The whole story between her and the rogue agent was just setting up her back-story and setting up a mystery about what his story is. He didn't even show up again until this week's episode. That being said, I like it, but Piper Perabo keeps me from really getting into it. I don't know what it is, but I just don't care for her.

I really like Warehouse 13. It's light and fun, which is always a nice change of pace from shows that take themselves too seriously. Still not crazy about Artie, but I love the rest of the characters.

Were you watching the same show as me? The whole story between her and the rogue agent was just setting up her back-story and setting up a mystery about what his story is. He didn't even show up again until this week's episode. That being said, I like it, but Piper Perabo keeps me from really getting into it. I don't know what it is, but I just don't care for her.

I really like Warehouse 13. It's light and fun, which is always a nice change of pace from shows that take themselves too seriously. Still not crazy about Artie, but I love the rest of the characters.

Yep, exactly the reason why I like Warehouse 13. They don't take themselves seriously at all and it's quite refreshing.

As for Covert Affairs, I wasn't referring to the rogue Mossad agent from last week but to Annie Walker's holiday fling Ben Mercer, both still wearing their bracelets, he saving her life on her first real mission etc. Too much love story for me, that's all I'm saying ;)

Is True Blood really that good? I have a couple of friends who swear by it and tell me I should check it out, but it just seems like sort of a "meh" premise.

Then again, the last time I was convinced to watch something that looked too corny was Battlestar Galactica, and I can't say I regret that.

I really liked the first season, great stuff. The second and third season are good too but IMO they don't come close to the first. Definitely worth a try!

What do you think of the new show on A&E...THE GLADES.

i'm not buying. nothing that catches my interests and it has a 'déjà vu' feeling. i really tried to watch it (because it's between CM episodes on sundays and the dude loioked cool and funny) but each time, i cant get into it and give up at the first or second commercial break

i'm not buying. nothing that catches my interests and it has a 'déjà vu' feeling. i really tried to watch it (because it's between CM episodes on sundays and the dude loioked cool and funny) but each time, i cant get into it and give up at the first or second commercial break

I didn't think at 1st that I'd like it....but its a humorous PI show.....not that bad IMO.

Will be interesting when lover girls hubby get out of prison......interesting for Jim,that is. ;)

As for Covert Affairs, I wasn't referring to the rogue Mossad agent from last week but to Annie Walker's holiday fling Ben Mercer, both still wearing their bracelets, he saving her life on her first real mission etc. Too much love story for me, that's all I'm saying ;)

I wasn't talking about the Mossad agent, I was talking about the same person as you. I just couldn't remember his name since he's played so small a part in the scheme of things. I get much more of a mystery vibe from that storyline than a love story vibe.

I didn't think at 1st that I'd like it....but its a humorous PI show.....not that bad IMO.

Will be interesting when lover girls hubby get out of prison......interesting for Jim,that is. ;)

i'm not saying it's bad, just that i cant get interested .... i guess the closer we get to october (even september), the less anything can grab my attention :lol:

I wasn't talking about the Mossad agent, I was talking about the same person as you. I just couldn't remember his name since he's played so small a part in the scheme of things. I get much more of a mystery vibe from that storyline than a love story vibe.

My bad, I was still at work earlier and somehow misread your post. You're right, there's some mystery and suspense surrounding the guy for sure, I'm just not a fan of the whole falling-in-love-and-being-unable-to-get-over-it background story. I was maybe a bit harsh, the show doesn't completely suck, but I doubt it'll keep me interested for long. Maybe that's just me though :)