The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Saku Koivu

Kubby31

He seems to be quite popular there already, they have a few fan favourites already, so it's nice to see Saku move up into that too. From what I've read on the Ducks board they're all really excited to have him.

At least he has fans that'll treat him right.

The Ducks haven't had a good 2nd line center since Andy Mac was traded :(

And because Selanne has good chemistry with Koivu just makes fans more excited and automatically includes him in as a favorite :lol:

Anyway, be bitter towards Saku all you want.

The Habs legends, such as the Pocket Rocket, Jean, Roy, Lafleur would disagree with you in a heartbeat.

To be fair, Lafleur has been kind of anti Saku for a few years now. He actually suggested we let Saku go and keep Kovy.

At least he has fans that'll treat him right.

I wouldnt agree with that last comment. IMO, the majority of Hab fans loved the man and he was well respected and treated by them. Now as for the Media,,,,,,,,thats a different story.

I wouldnt agree with that last comment. IMO, the majority of Hab fans loved the man and he was well respected and treated by them. Now as for the Media,,,,,,,,thats a different story.

no kidding. he's gone from a place where they break into hospital rooms to get a picture of him (and potentially end his career) to a place where they write an article about how special he is and get his picture wrong.

he must be loving life in the sun. :lol:

During last night's game when we were down by one goal with about seven minutes left I caught myself scanning the ice for #11, waiting for him to get us going. :(

It was a fun ending to the game (minus Markov), but I realized I'm still not over losing Saku. All things heal with time I suppose... especially if we keep winning.

During last night's game when we were down by one goal with about seven minutes left I caught myself scanning the ice for #11, waiting for him to get us going. :(

It was a fun ending to the game (minus Markov), but I realized I'm still not over losing Saku. All things heal with time I suppose... especially if we keep winning.

One thing I found myself thinking with this whole Sergei situation is remembering that game where Andrei got knocked out, and Saku quietly on the bench telling Sergei to calm down.

sakuw.jpg

Looks like he is already enjoying one of the Ducks many community activities they have in Southern California.

4 players got to go and make sushi rolls and they each got one with their own name.

"WHEN YOU'RE FINNISH YOU'LL WANT MORE SAKU" ROLL haha not bad

Would he be, by any chance, trying to do the Soulja Boy dance?:o

Your not alone..I even dedicated last nights win to #11 :D in the game thread.

Foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Saku.

OMG he is such a good leader. Yes, we saw how he left the team last year, in very bad shape(the team). <_<

When you don't know who to blame, blame the captain. Is Saku also responsible for global warming & wars, and will he be responsible for the end of the world in 2012?

facePalm.jpg