The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Saku Koivu

Kubby31

Why it's never his fault? He was captain, he should have done something about it.

Are we prepared to blame the other "leaders" on the club? Or just Saku because he had a C on his jersey? Why blame him and not Kovalev, Komisarek, Markov?

Ofcourse, everyone deserves SOME blame, but we don't know how the leadeship hierarchy worked, nor do we really know what caused a lot of the problems last season so speculating on who to blame is silly. It's over and done with, something was wrong and that's why so many people have been moved out but to blame Saku alone for no reason is silly.

OMG he is such a good leader. Yes, we saw how he left the team last year, in pretty bad shape(the team). <_<

Now this takes the cake. ;)

When you don't know who to blame, blame the captain. Is Saku also responsible for global warming & wars, and will he be responsible for the end of the world in 2012?

facePalm.jpg

Works for some.

Are we prepared to blame the other "leaders" on the club? Or just Saku because he had a C on his jersey? Why blame him and not Kovalev, Komisarek, Markov?

Ofcourse, everyone deserves SOME blame, but we don't know how the leadeship hierarchy worked, nor do we really know what caused a lot of the problems last season so speculating on who to blame is silly. It's over and done with, something was wrong and that's why so many people have been moved out but to blame Saku alone for no reason is silly.

Thank you....sounds a little more resonable.

Why it's never his fault? He was captain, he should have done something about it.

... the question is why is he -as a captain- always responsable?

(but you're right, Saku certainly did nothing as a captain...

And the situation with SK proves that in the team respect for the organisation, the other players and the fans is now better garanteed than last years... :rolleyes: )

I agree. And Saku was a great leader. He stepped up in pressure on the ice 9/10, and he was a hero to the community, which is what counts a lot more.

I wish him the best in Anehiem, and can't wait to see what he does with Teemu for 82 games, not just international play. I never thought I'd say this, but I really want Anehiem to win the Cup, if the Habs don't. He deserves the A aswell.

Koivu played well in tonight's game he had an assist off of one of Teemu's power goal. Teemu scored 2 PPG in 1:23 seconds, as the Ducks had a 3 on 5 man advantage on his first PPG and then a 4 on 5 on his second.

Saku has definitely and quickly became a fan favorite in Anaheim.

Ducks beat the Bruins 6-1

Koivu played well in tonight's game he had an assist off of one of Teemu's power goal. Teemu scored 2 PPG in 1:23 seconds, as the Ducks had a 3 on 5 man advantage on his first PPG and then a 4 on 5 on his second.

Saku has definitely and quickly became a fan favorite in Anaheim.

Ducks beat the Bruins 6-1

I'm really happy to hear that.

I'm really happy to hear that.

He's been voted the most on a poll on the Ducks site on "Who are you the most excited to see play" (or something like that)

He's already gotten accustomed to the fans and can't deny the passion in a non-traditional hockey market.

"It's definitely different from Montreal with all the media and all" about 7 media guys were waiting for him after one game. That's considered up in the high numbers for a hockey player.

Someone from the Ducks boards translated this from Finnish to English

807652.jpg

Saku doesn't admit that his first game in Anaheim jersey would be the most important game of his career.

"It's not that big game. Hopefully the biggest game will come next spring in the Stanley Cup final".

"I have to say I'm a bit excited. More than in a long long time. I hope we will get a good start for the season. Training camp was so hard that all the muscles are still tight. You just have to be patient."

Saku bought a new house for his family in Irvine and has been organizing that lately. Huge truck brought all their things from Montreal yesterday.

"What comes to hockey this place is totally different to Montreal. They have people even in practise games. Outside the rink life is very peaceful and I can have a normal life here with my family."

From the same person who translated the article:

1736154-Veikkaaja.gif

I'm really happy for Saku. A month ago I had the pleasure of meeting Selanne and we talked for a few minutes. It was funny the way I met him. My son was about to play a game at the Ducks practice facility. I was in the front and I was swinging my son's stick like a golf club. I heard a voice saying "Now that's a game" I turned and there was Selanne in a white Escalade with his wife and kids. I went up to him and we started talking. He told me he was really excited that he was going to play with Saku. I told him I was from originally from Montreal and that he better take care of my boy Saku and he laughed. Then we mostly talked about golf. He gave my son an autograph and took a picture with him. My son scored the game winning goal that game.

I'm really happy for Saku. A month ago I had the pleasure of meeting Selanne and we talked for a few minutes. It was funny the way I met him. My son was about to play a game at the Ducks practice facility. I was in the front and I was swinging my son's stick like a golf club. I heard a voice saying "Now that's a game" I turned and there was Selanne in a white Escalade with his wife and kids. I went up to him and we started talking. He told me he was really excited that he was going to play with Saku. I told him I was from originally from Montreal and that he better take care of my boy Saku and he laughed. Then we mostly talked about golf. He gave my son an autograph and took a picture with him. My son scored the game winning goal that game.

:)

Neat story, Coach. :)

I too am happy to see Saku off to a good start in Anaheim, though it still makes me shudder to realize that he's a Duck, not a Hab. I mean, what the hell? :blink: :blink:

Awesome..happy for you & your boy :D ....and good for him getting the winning goal.....future Nhl'er in the works here???? :P

And yes,keep it up down there in duck land Sakuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

He's quickly becoming a fan favorite in Anaheim....Undisputed....GO #11