The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Should Bob Make A Move For Forsberg?

Totti-mtl

something I think people are forgetting:

from NHLSCAP ..

General waivers guidelines

5. Players who start the NHL season in Europe, then sign to play in the NHL must clear waivers prior to joining the team they signed with.

The Islanders got burned last year when they signed goalie Wade Dubielewicz (after Dipietro went down) who had been playing in the KHL. He was claimed on waivers by the Blue Jackets.

That is why he needs to make a devcision after todays game with MODO on his future. If hes signed with them when the NHL year starts, he has to clear waivers, if not hes a UFA.

He wants to go to Colorado or Philly though so I think speculating on him for the Habs sake is probably futile.

If Forsberg signs with an NHL team, the big question is will he return to the days of Foppa or will he be just a Floppa??

He won't be as good obviously, but his vision, competiveness and hockey sense are enough to play on any top 6.

That is why he needs to make a devcision after todays game with MODO on his future. If hes signed with them when the NHL year starts, he has to clear waivers, if not hes a UFA.

He wants to go to Colorado or Philly though so I think speculating on him for the Habs sake is probably futile.

He won't be as good obviously, but his vision, competiveness and hockey sense are enough to play on any top 6.

A healthy Forsberg should be a no-brainer, in these days of high priced UFA'S.

His last two stints in the NHL,

2006-07 Nashville Predators NHL 17 games played 2 goals 13 assists 15 pts

2007-08 Colorado Avalanche NHL 9 games played 1 goal 13 assists 14 pts

sounds kind of like a floppa to me.

His last two stints in the NHL,

2006-07 Nashville Predators NHL 17 games played 2 goals 13 assists 15 pts

2007-08 Colorado Avalanche NHL 9 games played 1 goal 13 assists 14 pts

sounds kind of like a floppa to me.

Why because he wasn't his past Hart trophy like self?

In 06-07, you forgot his 40 games in Philly, his end of year 06-07 numbers were 13 goals and 55 points in 57 games. This was in 18:18 per game too.

In 07-08, I'm sorry but I thought producing over an assist a game is considered good in this world?

If his foot really is is much improved as some say, BG should make an offer for 1 season at the league minimum with over 5mil in bonuses with GP, Pts and such as the basis for the bonus structure. He is over 35 so the bonus $$$ if paid out doesn't count against the cap if I remember correctly.

If his foot really is is much improved as some say, BG should make an offer for 1 season at the league minimum with over 5mil in bonuses with GP, Pts and such as the basis for the bonus structure. He is over 35 so the bonus $$$ if paid out doesn't count against the cap if I remember correctly.

bonuses for a vet are not allowed under the cba. (unfortunately)

This is hearsay. It makes sense - two places he's familiar with - but its never been officially reported to my knowledge. The thing I have heard more consistently is that he is looking to join a contender, which would rule Colorado out & perhaps even Philly (depending upon how you think the new look flyers will be).

This is hearsay. It makes sense - two places he's familiar with - but its never been officially reported to my knowledge. The thing I have heard more consistently is that he is looking to join a contender, which would rule Colorado out & perhaps even Philly (depending upon how you think the new look flyers will be).

Philly is a contender without a question. They have to send JVR down because they have no room.

Carter, Gagne, Richards, Briere, Giroux, Hartnell is their top 6 and their top 4 D is Pronger, Timmonen, Coburn and Carle. Emery is a good goalie too.

Philly is a contender without a question. They have to send JVR down because they have no room.

Carter, Gagne, Richards, Briere, Giroux, Hartnell is their top 6 and their top 4 D is Pronger, Timmonen, Coburn and Carle. Emery is a good goalie too.

Dude, seriously, stop making your opinions out to be fact.

Easy choice if I was the GM. Waive or LTIR Laraque for a real hockey player in Forsberg. Also put Metro on waivers to clear more cap space. Forsberg cannot expect big money this close to the start of the season. All of playoff potential teams are close to the salary cap. $2 million for 1 season seems fair. If Forsberg is truly healthy he would replace Pleks on the 2nd line and Pleks could play wing on a one of the lines with the ability to move back to center when Forsberg gets injuried again. However when Forsberg is playing at or near 100% our team will be glad that we signed him. Tons of skill.

Archived