The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Marc Andre Bergeron

It's a tough call to make. Schneider came in and gave a burst of life to the powerplay last year so I guess that's what we were hoping for with MAB. And he did that momentarily but now it seems teams are keying on him. Same thing happened with Schneider. Teams started to key on him. Our powerplay needs creativity but even with Markov last year it struggled.

How can you be so good 4 on 4, very decent 5 on 5 and be lousy a man up? He moves the puck and has a great shot but when MAB skates backwards I close my eyes.

It's a tough call to make. Schneider came in and gave a burst of life to the powerplay last year so I guess that's what we were hoping for with MAB. And he did that momentarily but now it seems teams are keying on him. Same thing happened with Schneider. Teams started to key on him. Our powerplay needs creativity but even with Markov last year it struggled.

How can you be so good 4 on 4, very decent 5 on 5 and be lousy a man up? He moves the puck and has a great shot but when MAB skates backwards I close my eyes.

The habs are good with speed and counterattack, we're weak on the puck.

The 4 on 4 leaves more room on the ice. Our players don't need to fight for the puck.

Only Chipchura, Lapierre, Laraque and Latendresse are good at holding on to the puck on this team.

The problem with our power play is that we have no presence near the net.

The habs are good with speed and counterattack, we're weak on the puck.

The 4 on 4 leaves more room on the ice. Our players don't need to fight for the puck.

Only Chipchura, Lapierre, Laraque and Latendresse are good at holding on to the puck on this team.

The problem with our power play is that we have no presence near the net.

I agree to a a point. Our PP has hard times setting up because we are too small. We dump it around and never win the battles. Ever notice that once we have possession, the smurf line can cycle like mad and create things. They are fast enough and don't need to be big. BUT they need possession. Need someone that can retrieve puck and get possession to let them start the cyclone...

I agree to a a point. Our PP has hard times setting up because we are too small. We dump it around and never win the battles. Ever notice that once we have possession, the smurf line can cycle like mad and create things. They are fast enough and don't need to be big. BUT they need possession. Need someone that can retrieve puck and get possession to let them start the cyclone...

jfk,

they don't "need" to be big,

but imo it's their biggest weakness, and as such adding 1 big guy would be the 1 thing that could make the largest difference.

They have very little room to improve in cycling.