The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Marc Andre Bergeron

I think after that hit, Bergeron forgot he was even carrying a stick - if it hadn't made a noise when it hit the ice to remind him, he might have skated off without it.

As much as it sucked..kind of hard not to laugh at it. That happens to everyone. Just oo bad it was his first game on a team that can't buy a goal. If the posts were kinder and young Pavelec was not playing out of his mind, no one would of said anything.

On a good note, his pinching on the PP looked good, will get his timing back. We all knew he was not being brought in to shut anyone down...but hopefully sooner than later can make our dismal PP like twice as effective...hmm maybe 6% :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8sJPvXSm_M

is there another angle?? cause from what i see armstrongs coming in before mara passes the puck...now how is bergeron supposed to get outta there without leaving the puck there? #20 armstrong is already on his way back there before mara passes the puck...personally, and im just stating my own opinion here...if halak just settles that puck and leaves it then the puck doesnt go by bergeron and right behind mara...mara then doesnt have to play it back and theres no hit...that whole sequence did not need to happen...just settle the puck your dmen are right there settle it, let one of them handle it...no need to try and pass it especially to the new guy who has never played with you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8sJPvXSm_M

is there another angle?? cause from what i see armstrongs coming in before mara passes the puck...now how is bergeron supposed to get outta there without leaving the puck there? #20 armstrong is already on his way back there before mara passes the puck...personally, and im just stating my own opinion here...if halak just settles that puck and leaves it then the puck doesnt go by bergeron and right behind mara...mara then doesnt have to play it back and theres no hit...that whole sequence did not need to happen...just settle the puck your dmen are right there settle it, let one of them handle it...no need to try and pass it especially to the new guy who has never played with you...

Great comment also did anyone call heads up or hurry, and I to would like the see another angle because yeah your right he already had to be coming if Bergeron doesn't tough the puck he gets run over anyway

I was pretty happy with how Bergeron played last night. Especially for being the 1st NHL game and all this year. I hope the Armstrong hit doesn't amount to anything, but I think he's fine.

Yeah he's got vision and hands and skates well, just what we needed. He also got up quickly and continued to play which is good. Got hit hard at least 7 times and messed up really bad once, glad they sighned him . Could be a difference maker. He can move the puck out of the zone right now I like that!

so he actually has a concussion?

Read an article in Le Journal de Montreal while waiting for my food during lunch break, Bergeron seems fine and took part in practice. He said it was the hardest hit he ever had to take in his entire career but he feels good apparently.

Great night for MAB, 2 points, a key PP goal early. But echoing fansince1975, what the heck do we do with him when O'Byrne and Markov are healthy?

Injuries just might solve that dilema,,,,or he outplays somebody else for a job. ;)

While he's obviously going to be one of those players who can be headache, given the loss of Markov I kind of felt it was a risk we needed to take and tonight shows why. We just need to keep our expectations realistic, remember there's a reason a dman with 32 points in 72 games last season was available in September for under a million.

He wasnt too bad defensively and its nice to have someone that can hit the net and hit it hard. I would still keep him when markov is back.

Our D would look like this..

Markov - Hamrlik

Spacek - Mara

Gorges - Bergeron

And what if big Ryan O'Byrne comes back playing like he was when he went down? He has to play.