Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Johnny_rudeboy

State Of The Hamilton Bulldogs

324 posts in this topic

Are Carle and Pax back and playing in game one against the Stars?

Here is the injury staus for each player:

Mathieu Carle (partial dislocated shoulder - will require a season-ending surgery (Jan. 22), happened on Jan. 13)

Max Pacioretty (shoulder injury - week-to-week (May 2), re-injured April 4)

However Carle may return to Bulldog lineup for Texas series because he is recovering well from the surgery:

http://www.thespec.com/article/768545

Edited by 1970 Habs

Game 7 tomorrow night - but the cavalry just came over the hill - PK! and Maxwell! :D

Game 7 tomorrow night - but the cavalry just came over the hill - PK! and Maxwell! :D

let them see stars!

With the experience that PK got from the Habs, should make him that much better coming back to the Dogs.

Great article on Subban in the Hamilton Spectator

Subban's back, ready to go

GARRY MCKAY

THE HAMILTON SPECTATOR

(May 26, 2010)

He has just spent the last month on hockey's biggest stage, the Stanley Cup playoffs, battling some of the games biggest stars but P.K. Subban is ecstatic about getting back with the Hamilton Bulldogs.

"Obviously, I was happy that Montreal wanted me to go back, but either way I was going back, whether they wanted me to or not," said Subban, a defenceman, who got his wish yesterday when he and forward Ben Maxwell were reassigned to the Bulldogs the day after the Montreal Canadiens were eliminated from the playoffs.

Both players are expected to be in the lineup at Copps Coliseum tonight when the Bulldogs host the Texas Stars in the seventh and deciding game of their American Hockey League Western Conference final.

The Dogs are hoping Subban's return can help on two fronts. At the time of his call-up on April 26, he was the club's leading scorer in the playoffs and head coach Guy Boucher thinks he can provide some timely offence from the back end.

And the front office are hoping the media attention Subban received on national TV during the Habs playoff run might help lagging ticket sales.

"I played 77 games in Hamilton this year and that's the team I played with most of the season," Subban added. "Even when I was called up, I had a bit of mixed emotions. I didn't want to leave the guys. I liked playing there. I liked the guys and I liked the coaching staff."

Now don't get Subban wrong, he enjoyed every second of his time up with Montreal in the playoffs and he called it a thrill of a lifetime to line up facing players like Alexander Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby with his parents and brothers in the Bell Centre crowd in Montreal watching him perform.

"You dream about moments like that and for it to happen to me was great," said Subban, who admitted he learned a lot. "The games are so intense in the playoffs and there's very little room for error and I didn't have any NHL experience, really, and was just thrown into the fire. You learn to stick to the things that you're really good at. You have to continue to do the things that got you there."

Subban, who turned 20 earlier in May, said the Habs and Bulldogs play a slightly different game on defence and he admitted because of that he got caught out of position a couple of times. But, he adds, his defensive partner Roman Hamrlik and other D-men helped him with advice when he made a mistake.

"The vets on the team were unbelievable, especially my partner, Hamrlik and (Josh) Gorges and Hal Gill, who's a huge leader on the team. They were really good on giving me feedback on things I need to do better and on things that I was doing well."

Although he could be excused for being a little preoccupied with the Stanley Cup playoffs, Subban said he's had time to follow how the Bulldogs have been doing without him. And he's fully aware the team's season is on the line tonight.

"I didn't play all the games I did this year to show up for the seventh game of the semi-finals and not put forth my best effort. No matter how many games I played this year, I'm ready for it," he says.

Boucher believes there's no question Subban will show up for the game in the right frame of mind.

"He's going to be just as anxious to help his buddies here as he was with the Canadiens, because he's that type of guy," Boucher remarked.

gMcKay@thespec.com

What in the world was that? :angry: The Dogs were leading 2-0 and outshooting Texas by a mile (43-19), yet they are now trailing 3-2. :( :( :(

A real nightmare.

Edited by ForeverGuyLafleur

F***! 4-2, it's over and thanks to the bloody referee once again! :angry:

Frédéric L'Écuyer = to the gallows!

Edited by ForeverGuyLafleur

Dogs couldnt score on any PP's this game, another one probably wouldnt have helped. Complete breakdown in the 3rd period.. What a shame.

Season over for the Doggies

From now, I just hope we'll find a way to keep Guy Boucher with the Habs before these vultures get him a job somewhere else. :unsure: It would be a disaster losing him considering he's fit to be the next head coach on the day Martin has had enough.

Awh, lame :(

what in the world :blink:

Absolutely dominated Texas until Sanford let in a bouncing stinker and then they just started to fall apart.

Absolutely dominated Texas until Sanford let in a bouncing stinker and then they just started to fall apart.

That was exactly it !!!! 2nd period hardly ever left the O zone!!!!

Beaten by the Texas Cockroaches!!! They just don't die

Too bad they didn't have Carey circa 2007 :(

A great run....just have an empty feeling though. Should have been in the final. Oh well, now we know how Pitt and Wash feel after dominating and coming out on losing end

A great run....just have an empty feeling though. Should have been in the final. Oh well, now we know how Pitt and Wash feel after dominating and coming out on losing end

Given the young players on the team lead by a rookie AHL coach they did better than expected this season.

Too bad they didn't have Carey circa 2007 :(

Yeah or even Cedric circa April 2010.........oh wait, we DID have him........ ;):blink:

Given the young players on the team lead by a rookie AHL coach they did better than expected this season.

Yes and no......considering only one other team in the whole league was better in the regular season, considering how badly we outshot Texas while short staffed....and their relative talent - no we didn't.

I'm with you brother :( - still not sure why we benched Desjardins - not that I'm blaming Sanford - but the way we got there was with a tandem at least or with Desjardins solely at the end of the season and start of the playoffs.

Yeah or even Cedric circa April 2010.........oh wait, we DID have him........ ;):blink:

Yes and no......considering only one other team in the whole league was better in the regular season, considering how badly we outshot Texas while short staffed....and their relative talent - no we didn't.

I'm with you brother :( - still not sure why we benched Desjardins - not that I'm blaming Sanford - but the way we got there was with a tandem at least or with Desjardins solely at the end of the season and start of the playoffs.

Was thinking the same thing. I guess Boucher wanted to go with the experience.

The Bulldogs are going to have quite a few new faces, and should be a force in the AHL again. The prospects camp for July should prove interesting also there are a few of the college guys that will definitely be pushing for spot on the big team if not the Bulldogs.