The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

I4I-vc4

"The Number 23"......I thought it was actually a pretty good movie. Didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. I kept trying to decifur if peoples names, the names of stores, addresses (anything and everything) actually did come out to be 23. :huh: Wow. :blink:Crazy. Started making me go a little nutz!! :lol: I'd give it an 8.9/10.

Two Thumbs Up!!!

But, we do know the answer, already. Dubya said there were WMD's and there weren't any. ;)

Same rating from me, and I enjoyed the movie too. It obviously gives off a Bourne after glow, given Damon stars and Greengras (Bourne 2 & 3) directs.

this is the reason i haven't seen it. i love the bourne movies (understatement) and felt like this was just ripped from movies that were done better. glad to hear it doesn't disappoint.

"The Number 23"......I thought it was actually a pretty good movie. Didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. I kept trying to decifur if peoples names, the names of stores, addresses (anything and everything) actually did come out to be 23. :huh: Wow. :blink:Crazy. Started making me go a little nutz!! :lol: I'd give it an 8.9/10.

Two Thumbs Up!!!

Shouldnt it be 8.5/10 (8 + 5 + 10 = )

The Ghost Writer -- 9/10 (in cinemas now)

I just thought it was really good. Polanski back on his game in this political/crime thriller. There was a good edgy mood throughout, and Ewan McGregor was fairly ideal for the main character. Acting was all good; the weather itself was pretty much a character.

Some people might think it is "slow" in parts, but I didn't. It's not an action film, but you are left with enough to think about to get you through those 'slow' parts.

Some homage paid to Hitchcock as well, with a scene of a crowd passing a note up to a speaker. The scene and the camera work were pure Hitchcock.

In a way, the best part was the ending. So many Hollywood endings are predictable, 'satisfying' and banal (IMO) (Think Avatar). This movie's ending is not. Actually, the ending hits you much like a body slam. Superbly done.

Mystic River 8/10

Extremely good acting, and a decent story. I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. It's a good movie, it's just a shame that it seems to decrease in quality as the movie goes on, in terms of realism, writing, story flow, and acting (just a bit though) as the movie's focus goes from an emotional and very believable Sean Penn and shifts to a fairly average acting job by Kevin Bacon.

So, go see it, and watch for the amazing acting job by Tim Robbins, who does all the little things in his performance to make it the stand out performance of the movie, which says a lot when you see just how good a job Sean Penn does.

So, go see it, and watch for the amazing acting job by Tim Robbins, who does all the little things in his performance to make it the stand out performance of the movie, which says a lot when you see just how good a job Sean Penn does.

+1 Tim Robbins is absolutely spectacular in this role and manages to upstage Penn (imho) which is no easy feat considering his performance.

I saw Sorority Row last night - fully expecting it to be horrible (and it was) 1.25/10

The 1 star goes for Carey Fisher as a crazy den mother trying to save her girls from the killer - and the 1/4 star is for the fact that despite how horrible the movie was, I did have to keep watching to see if (as I expected) the killer was ________ - and it was.

I've just watched the documentary "Luxemburg, USA" on DVD.

Because it's mainly in English, I post my rating here on the English part of the board.

This film is about about people whose grand-parents or great grand-parents have left Luxembourg in the late 19th century to emmigrate in the US, gathered in the Midwest to found Luxembourg American communities.

My rating: 9/10 because it's quite interesting to watch being a Luxembourger.

The funniest part was when Luxembourg American kids told that they always thought the country their ancestors came from was huge, but were quite disappointed when they looked the first time closer to a map of Europe and had difficulties to find it, because it's so tiny! :lol:

*off-topic* Now after having watched that film, I really have a second travelling dream:

The first still to revisit Canada and especially the province of Québec (with one or two Habs matches in Montréal. ^^), even though I also liked the city of Toronto. (NOT it's hockey team, but for example the Hockey Hall of Fame!)

The second now is to visit the US American Midwest on the traces of Luxembourgish emmigrants. My mum even told me that her dad had familly over there, so it's also my familly. Unfortunately, only very old people with Luxembourgish descent still speak Luxembourgish.

I'm already imagining myself walking into a tavern hold by Luxembourg Americans and order a Bofferding or something like that! :lol: They might not have a Bofferding, but they'll recognize immediately my nationality! Something which is not very common for a Luxembourger, mostly confounded with Germans or Belgians or even Dutch. ;) *off-topic*

"Luxemburg, USA" made me sentimental.

But enough writing now!