The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

I4I-vc4

The Usual Suspects 8/10

I like this movie, but it's really overrated. There is really nothing special about it. Everytime I see this movie on t.v, I watch it, because it is a good movie, but it certainly wasn't the movie I was expecting to see after hearing all the hype. Predictable, really kind of silly, no real action, no real humor and no acting standouts at all. I hear people speak of Kevin Spacey's performance as if he should've won every Oscar awarded that year, but I wasn't that impressed. The writing was ok though, but even that has its problems, as I also hear shouts of plagerism and taking lines straight out of other movies, though I haven't really looked into it.

It's not as bad as I make it out to be, but I'm just astonished about how much hype there is about this average movie, almost as astonished about how dissapointed I was with Avatar, the most successful movie with no substance.

Just wondering :rolleyes: Who else on these boards is a fan of this show? I think it is one of (if not) the best written and acted shows on TV today.

I used to like the show, until it turned its focus from Supernatural to Superreligious. Even the earlier shows have been spoiled for me, as they spelled out the metaphor for the whole show from the very beginning as Lucifer/Michael and their relationship with God, and how it parallels Sam/Dean and the relationship with their father.

I didn't even mind the religious garbage really, as the whole angels and demons thing can be pulled off really well if done right. But things got really weird once they started mentioning the whole "I am Lucifer's vessel" crap. Actually, thinking back now, the whole "Sam needs demon blood" storyline was pretty bad too. I really hope they put that show out of its misery.

Clash of the Titans 1/10

Poor plot, poorly written script, action sequences were meh at best. It reminded me of a family guy episode where they do that cheesey cut away stuff

"Like that time"

I would love to meet whoever thought it would be a good idea to re make the original clash of the titans so i could punch him right in the face :angry:

Clash of the Titans 1/10

Poor plot, poorly written script, action sequences were meh at best. It reminded me of a family guy episode where they do that cheesey cut away stuff

"Like that time"

I would love to meet whoever thought it would be a good idea to re make the original clash of the titans so i could punch him right in the face :angry:

Clash of the Titans: 5/10

So it sucks then?

Saw a copy burnt from the internet. Bad picture, made it really hard to get into. That, and the fact I missed the first 15-20 minutes. Other than that, it was decent {at best}, but I really dont know what the big "hoopla" is about this movie. Story-wise, I'd give it a 6.5, and that's being generous. Not my "cup of tea", I suppose. Doubt I'll watch part 2.....which I guarantee there will be.

Little miss Sunshine: 8/10.

I enjoyed this movie a great deal, though I wouldn't be surprised to read/hear that others found it terrible. It's funny in a not so obvious kind of way, and there are few laugh out loud moments. The cast in this movie is incredible by the way, and I loved the acting. It also has a decent story.

I'd recommend it to everyone simply because if it's your type of movie, and you can find the subtle humor in it, then you'll enjoy this movie a great deal. If this isn't your type of movie, you probably won't enjoy it at all, but I think it's worth it to go out of your way to find out.

Saw a copy burnt from the internet. Bad picture, made it really hard to get into. That, and the fact I missed the first 15-20 minutes. Other than that, it was decent {at best}, but I really dont know what the big "hoopla" is about this movie. Story-wise, I'd give it a 6.5, and that's being generous. Not my "cup of tea", I suppose. Doubt I'll watch part 2.....which I guarantee there will be.

A bit unfair. I mean 90% of those who say they loved the film note that the visuals & the entire experience (using CGI and 3D in an entirely revolutionary way) was a major part in why they liked it. For you to say you watched a bad cam version is sort of like saying "meh" to Beethoven's 9th symphony because you heard it through the wall of the alleyway of the London Symphony Ochestra. :P

A bit unfair. I mean 90% of those who say they loved the film note that the visuals & the entire experience (using CGI and 3D in an entirely revolutionary way) was a major part in why they liked it. For you to say you watched a bad cam version is sort of like saying "meh" to Beethoven's 9th symphony because you heard it through the wall of the alleyway of the London Symphony Ochestra. :P

Touche.

Perhaps I would have had a different opinion if I did in fact see it in the theatre where I could experience it as it was meant to be, or even if I had of seen it on a good copy on DVD.

My main thing was the story itself. Just didn't really find it all that interesting. I'm sure the visuals were amazing in the theatre (3-D and all...). From what I've seen in the commercials on my HD t.v., they look darn good. But for me, I'd rather cheesy graphics with a great story/plot, instead of superb graphics with a lame story/plot.

[Perfect example: Star Wars I, II, III, as well as the re-release (edited) of the originals....should never have been made, IMHO (or at least had a better story, and lay off the overdone, high tech, out-of-this-world computer visuals and graphics). Sometimes a little simplier is a lot better.]

Never know, I may end up watching Avatar again some day, on a 3-D t.v. or something...with a clear picture! :)

As far as Beethoven, I'd be just fine with listening to him however and/or wherever....I would prefer tho, opposed to "Beethoven's 9th Symphony", "Romance for Violin and Orchestra no.1 in G Op. 40", or " Violin Concerto in D Op. 61, part 3: Rondo (Allergo)" or "Symphony no. 6 in F Op. 68 'Pastoral', Part 5: Allegretto: Shepherd's Song - Happy And Thankful Feelings After The Storm". ;):P

National Lampoon's Animal House: 9/10

Amazing.

Please tell me you are talking about the original British version that came out 3 years ago.

I absolutely love that movie, which is one of the main reasons why I don't really want to watch the remake as I'm afraid it will kind of ruin it for me.

Touche.

Perhaps I would have had a different opinion if I did in fact see it in the theatre where I could experience it as it was meant to be, or even if I had of seen it on a good copy on DVD.

My main thing was the story itself. Just didn't really find it all that interesting. I'm sure the visuals were amazing in the theatre (3-D and all...). From what I've seen in the commercials on my HD t.v., they look darn good. But for me, I'd rather cheesy graphics with a great story/plot, instead of superb graphics with a lame story/plot.

[Perfect example: Star Wars I, II, III, as well as the re-release (edited) of the originals....should never have been made, IMHO (or at least had a better story, and lay off the overdone, high tech, out-of-this-world computer visuals and graphics). Sometimes a little simplier is a lot better.]

Never know, I may end up watching Avatar again some day, on a 3-D t.v. or something...with a clear picture! :)

I totally agree with what you're saying about the story line. However, in this case - and I know it sounds like "making an excuse" - I almost feel like the story needed to be simple, familiar and perhaps a bit 'dumbed down' so that we could fully immerse ourselves in the new 3D. The Star Wars examples you've given are a perfect footnote to my point: the original star wars (a new hope) was very much a simplistic, easy to follow story. The graphics were revolutionary. And while the new trilogy blows the old one out of the water in terms of effects, they are not even comparable as complete movies with the latter failing miserably.

In the case of Avatar, I just felt that the graphics were so amazing it was groundbreaking. I'm not talking about "thats a neat effect" - like the water affects in the Abyss or the Jedi sequences in Star Wars - we're talking about absolute new territory with this CGI. It was new use of 3D to actually immerse you in the film - not just have a random axe come flying out into the crowd) the sound was phenomenal and the colours/graphics were breathtaking. I remember part way through the movie thinking "this must be what it felt like when those crowds watched rhe first full-length colour movies in the mid-late 1930's.

As far as Beethoven, I'd be just fine with listening to him however and/or wherever....I would prefer tho, opposed to "Beethoven's 9th Symphony", "Romance for Violin and Orchestra no.1 in G Op. 40", or " Violin Concerto in D Op. 61, part 3: Rondo (Allergo)" or "Symphony no. 6 in F Op. 68 'Pastoral', Part 5: Allegretto: Shepherd's Song - Happy And Thankful Feelings After The Storm". ;):P

Good choices! I actually find myself more interested in his very personal piano sonatas lately - they seem to fit better with my current series of paintings (painting is primarily when I listen to classical music these days).

Little miss Sunshine: 8/10.

I enjoyed this movie a great deal, though I wouldn't be surprised to read/hear that others found it terrible. It's funny in a not so obvious kind of way, and there are few laugh out loud moments. The cast in this movie is incredible by the way, and I loved the acting. It also has a decent story.

I'd recommend it to everyone simply because if it's your type of movie, and you can find the subtle humor in it, then you'll enjoy this movie a great deal. If this isn't your type of movie, you probably won't enjoy it at all, but I think it's worth it to go out of your way to find out.

i loved it too. :)

my favourite part was when the car horn breaks.