The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

I4I-vc4

Thats Hollywood for you. The movie i mentioned earlier, Let the Right One In has earned awards and praise over the past year. Before it even finished it's premiere overseas the rights had already been scooped up for a remake :angry:

They wanted to reach more people and make it easier to access. Because you know it's hard to go to block Buster and go to the Foreign Film Section and rent a movie right :rolleyes:

I heard this too which is so disappointing. Let The Right One In was an amazing film and I've told everyone I know to go see it because it was given very little press on this side of the water. I never know if the general public are generally too lazy/uninterested to watch subtitled films or if the industry is underestimating the publics desire for strong foreign films; or more likely it's a combination of the industry lowering our expectations and desires. Such a shame. The Hollywood version will be all gloss, no heart.

Last night I rented "Inglorious Bastards" and "Men who stare at Goats".

Imo, both were disappointments.

Give them a 4 on 10.

Glad I didn't waste my $ seeing these movies at the theatre.

Actually, one movie that had bad reviews, but I quite enjoyed was Mike Meyers "The Hockey Guru". I can understand why Americans didn't get into it, but from a Canadian standpoint (and knowing a lil about leafs history-Ballard), it was funny. For a hockey fan it's a must... Specially if you know what the leafs went through in the 80's with owner Harold Ballard. I give it an 8/10.

Give them a 4 on 10.

Actually, one movie that had bad reviews, but I quite enjoyed was Mike Meyers "The Hockey Guru". I can understand why Americans didn't get into it, but from a Canadian standpoint (and knowing a lil about leafs history-Ballard), it was funny. For a hockey fan it's a must... Specially if you know what the leafs went through in the 80's with owner Harold Ballard. I give it an 8/10.

Really? I liked 'em both. Goats was pretty obscure but I liked the weirdness of it. Basterds was pretty entertaining I thought.

Give them a 4 on 10.

Mmm, I didn't see "men who stare at goats" but I saw "Inglorious Basterds" and I liked it, even though History hasn't been respected. I liked it perhaps because I understand the 4 languages they speak in that film. *boast* :P

Give them a 4 on 10.

I liked "goats" and would rank it higher than you - i found it quite funny and just offbeat enough to enjoy.

Bastards....Im still not sure about. Parts of it I liked, but others I really found disturbing. I guess Im not an "eye for an eye" guy. I mean I am sure that if i were in that position I might want & seek revenge, but to watch it unfold as sort of "exploitation" thing...I dunno. I guess at some point you question the morality of getting riled up about hurting immoral people ;)

Date Night (only because that was the only one we could agree on and because I can't see 3D)

6.5/10

Maybe not my age group but there were laughs, I wasn't expecting it to be really good anyways but it would have been a nice surprise.