The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

I4I-vc4

Clash of the Titans - 8/10.

I loved the special effects and the use of Greek Mythology. Storyline was a bit predictable, though.

I'm wanting to see Robin Hood now that it's out, though. The last Russell Crowe movie I saw at a theater was Master and Commander: The Far Side Of The Earth, and I will rate that 8/10 for those of you who care to get this on DVD or Blue Ray (if available).

Clash of the Titans - 8/10.

I loved the special effects and the use of Greek Mythology. Storyline was a bit predictable, though.

I'm wanting to see Robin Hood now that it's out, though. The last Russell Crowe movie I saw at a theater was Master and Commander: The Far Side Of The Earth, and I will rate that 8/10 for those of you who care to get this on DVD or Blue Ray (if available).

at was the same actor who played in avatar

Jennifer's Body- 7/10 (Hear me out on this one)

Jen's Body- It's obviously a "so stupid it's funny" movie, which it is, and it's pretty funny to watch with a group of friends with that mindset. ("OW! My tit....")

Avatar- Effects are mindblowingly out of this world, but the story and plotline are absolute garbage. (Not to mention the human military technology in year 2150 or whenever it takes place is worse than today's technology)

first time posting here so here are all the movies I recently saw:

Law Abiding Citizen 8/10

Butler with a great performance

Coach Carter 9/10

Jackson's best performance of his CAREER

Alice in Wonderland 4/10

Depp is good as always as is Helena Bonham Carter good effects but nothing more

Do I even need to say why?

40 Year Old virgin 8/10

Hilarious

Superbad(for the 10 millionth time) 9/10

Never get tired of this movie so funny

The Hangover 9.5/10

What a movie really awesome

The Love Guru 6/10

It's funny but very childish

Bon Cop, Bad Cop 8/10

Great movie; not perfect, but great

Pour Toujours, Les Canadiens (Bought the DVD) 7/10

I saw the premiere at the Bell and when I watched the DVD it was still good. Good at being what it is: A tribute to the habs history

Not the best story, not the best acting but still good

Grandma's Boy 7/10

One of the best stoner films

Harold and Kumar: White Castle 9/10

THE BEST stoner film ever

Harold and Kumar: Guantanamo Bay 8/10

Not as good as the first but good

Finding Forrester 9/10

Saw it in class, really inspirational and just a awesome movie

Couples Retreat 7.5/10

I liked it even though a lot of people didin't: you just gotta lay back and enjoy

Iron Man (1) 9/10

2nd greatest superhero film ever made after The Dark Knight (I know i'm 2 years late)

I'll be watching The Blind Side, Changeling, Lord of the Ring trilogy, A History of Violence, Downfall (a film about hitler's last few months), Any Given Sunday (a football film with Al Pacino) and more

So I have a lot of movies to watch and final exams to pass :D

Shrek 4 2/10 A few moments that made me chuckle but it felt they just ran out of gas.\

The Descent 2: 3/10 Already figured this would be crappy and don't believe what it says on the back . They did not capture lighting in a bottle a 2nd time :rolleyes:

Iron Man (1) 6/10 Not bad, not the masterpiece everyone i talk to says it is. It was better then some of the superhero movies i've watched in the past

Shrek: Forever After 8/10

I'm a fan of Shrek and the core gang so I liked this movie. All I can say is that I enjoyed it. It's obviously not the best (stand alone) of all the other ones but I guess they needed that whole "Happily ever after" thing, it being a fairytale and what not. Fat Puss in boots is awesome.

On a side not It kills me to have to pay 15$ for a movie. Call me cheap but that's just how I feel. The industry or whoever is making a killing on the 3D movies because you're paying extra for what IMHO is nothing better than a regular movie. /end rant

Shrek: Forever After 8/10

I'm a fan of Shrek and the core gang so I liked this movie. All I can say is that I enjoyed it. It's obviously not the best (stand alone) of all the other ones but I guess they needed that whole "Happily ever after" thing, it being a fairytale and what not. Fat Puss in boots is awesome.

On a side not It kills me to have to pay 15$ for a movie. Call me cheap but that's just how I feel. The industry or whoever is making a killing on the 3D movies because you're paying extra for what IMHO is nothing better than a regular movie. /end rant

Its the big theatre machine at work.

In my small town, our theatre is owned by the community & completely non-profit (they claim they may be the only non-profit community run multi-plex theatre in north america). Movies range from $6-9 (cheaper for matinees). Concessions are even better - you can get a combo pack for only a few bucks.

Now, obviously no "owner" is getting rich, but the theatre has been viable & has supported a well-paid staff for over 60 years.

Of course the drawback is that with only 5 screens across 2 theatres, there are limited show-times and movies sometimes dont run as long, but a small price to pay ;)