The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

I4I-vc4

The Ringer 6/10, mostly just because Johnny Knoxville is in it.[/font]

Im ashamed to say that I quite like this film. Its stupid & crass, but like much of the ferrely's work (they are producers) there is a genuine heart-felt sincerity to it, which is sort of nice.

Saw the latest Shrek movie - Shrek 4? Was funny - especially Puss in Boots (won't spoil you if you haven't seen it) - but truthfully I thought $14 was overpayment for this movie. Wait until it comes out on DVD or else do a matinee (my local theatres does $5.99 on Tuesdays). It's worth that at least. Still, was fun overall. Give it 6.5 stars out of 10.

Saw The Wolfman with Benicio del Toro. I'm a big fan of horror movies, especially wolves and vampires, but they've all been done before and it's rare to find one that offers something new. This one didn't really offer much new - was more of a wolf/human character study for the most part. It started off slow - with the typical "make you jump" - buildups, but I liked all the actors and they were effective. Del Toro's typical understated acting worked here for the most part, and Hopkins is always solid. Thought the wolf effects were a bit disappointing tho, and the obvious lapse in judgment at the end with the "will there or won't there be a sequel" cliffhanger had me rolling my eyes. Again, worth a DVD rental, but not the movie theatre admission price. 6 out of 10.

Saw the A-Team movie last night - based on the 80s TV series - 7/10

A lot of the things that were hallmarks of the TV series were in this movie - putting together some home-made devices to vanquish their foes. The ever present cigar of Hannibal Smith and his famous line "I love it when a plan comes together!", having to spring Murdoch out of the insane asylum, and more.

There were a few things that bothered me about this movie, unlike the TV series. In the movie, people get killed. On the TV series, nobody got killed, but they got humiliated with the devices the A-Team came up with. In this movie, the A-Team is often armed with the latest weaponry. And even though the guy who played BA Barracus was actually quite good, I would rather have seen Mr. T get a second go-round. He still looks very fit for the part.

I was not disappointed like Peter Travers of Rolling Stone was, but I do see where he was coming from in his review, which all of you can read here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/thetrav...10/113576/49670