The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

I4I-vc4

Last movie I saw (this past week), was called Gunless with Paul Gross.

For those who aren't familiar with Paul Gross, he played a mountie (Constable Benton Fraser) on Due South.

It was kinda odd seeing him in this role... It was good for a few laughs.

I'd give it a 7/10.

Since it's structured less like a film and more like a novel, which chapter did you like the best out of the five?

Though I really liked chapter one chapter, two was definetely my favourite part of the movie when you get to meet the basterds and where they establish their background stories. "German Night in Paris" was great too. ;) The first quarter of Operation Kino (fourth chapter) was kinda boring if you ask me but then after that, after that quarter when they're in the tavern, it starts getting interesting again. :D

oh man, i watched it a year ago lol, i don't remember much of it actually. i remember first watching it thinking it wouldn't be good but came out thinking yea, it was good. lol

oh, i really liked the part where they were pretending to be italians, and the bear jew part was funny.

Just finished watching Death at a Funeral. ;) It was WAY funnier than I expected it to be. :D I thought it was hysterical! And James Marsden pretty much made the movie for me. I was pretty impressed with Chris Rock, too, although I do love him in almost everything he does. I will definitely watch it again at some point hopefully.

Death at a Funeral 7.8/10

Date Night [2010] 7/10 (Steve Carrell, Tina Fey, Mark Wahlberg, William Fichtner, Jimmi Simpson, James Franco, Mila Kunis)

Sorority Row [2009] 7.7/10 (Briana Evigan, Matt O'Leary, Leah Pipes, Rumer Willis, Julian Morris, Matt Lanter)

Last movie I saw (this past week), was called Gunless with Paul Gross.

For those who aren't familiar with Paul Gross, he played a mountie (Constable Benton Fraser) on Due South.

It was kinda odd seeing him in this role... It was good for a few laughs.

I'd give it a 7/10.

He's done some good work since then too (men with brooms, Passchendaele etc).

Just finished watching Death at a Funeral. ;) It was WAY funnier than I expected it to be. :D I thought it was hysterical! And James Marsden pretty much made the movie for me. I was pretty impressed with Chris Rock, too, although I do love him in almost everything he does. I will definitely watch it again at some point hopefully.

Death at a Funeral 7.8/10

I watched this this weekend & while I definitely didnt enjoy it as much as the original British version (2007) its really hard to say which one was, objectively better - I mean the original was still fresh in my mind, so i kept comparing the two. I think it is actually possible that I liked this version better, although both were very good.

The casting had its strengths and weaknesses in both cases. I preferred Chris Rock as the lead to the original Matthew Macfadyen (im not sure why they changed the character's names when they kept some of the dialogue exactly the same). Marsden, as you mention, was the show-stealer, but then so was Alan Tudyk (steve the pirate from dodgeball) in the original. Tracey Morgan started to get on my nerves and really made me remember the great performance by Ewen Bremner (trainspotting) in the original. Danny Glover did a good job as a cranky old jerk, but Peter Vaughan in the original seemed so much more distasteful. The bathroom scene in both was nasty but in the original I actually cringed & almost covered my eyes.

The rest of the cast was pretty good in both cases - and any time you can put martin lawrence in a movie & not have me hate him means you did ok. :P

Anyway, a MUCH better remake than I would have expected (only 2 years after the original no less) and while Im not sure it was necessary to do so, I do think they did a solid job.

Sorority Row [2009] 7.7/10 (Briana Evigan, Matt O'Leary, Leah Pipes, Rumer Willis, Julian Morris, Matt Lanter)

Hehe. If you're a star wars fan, this movie is worth watching, if only to fast forward to the parts with Carrie Fisher. She's hillariously scary.

This weekend I also watched Stardust - a pretty satisfying effort - maybe 7.5 or 8 out of 10. Robert De Niro as a transvestite pirate is worth seeing alone. The story was fun & the cast was huge.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (8.2/10) BD-DVD (Swedish)

I don't mind reading subtitles; some others loathe it, I know. :D

The twists and turns are quite good; the plot/story complicated enough without getting too much so. And the bad guy(s) get it in the end. ;)

Quite well done. Really long though. I forgot that, and ended up staying up later than intended in order to see it all.

Speaking of Will Farrell, have any of you seen Semi-Pro? It is about a fictional team called the Flint Tropics (based in my hometown of Flint, Michigan). Farrell plays Jackie Moon, a singer who owns the team, playing in the American Basketball Association in 1973, just prior to the ABA-NBA merger. At the end, he gets to wrestling with a bear, and not only does the bear win, but it gets loose and causes havoc.

I remember when they were actually filming this - they had artificial snow on the sidewalks and on the buildings, and the scenes of the Flint Vehicle City arches were gorgeous (they were not in place in 1973). I was at the University of Michigan-Flint at this time, and the whole thing was awesome. I did not get to meet any of the actors involved, but it sure would have been fun.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (8.2/10) BD-DVD (Swedish)

I don't mind reading subtitles; some others loathe it, I know. :D

The twists and turns are quite good; the plot/story complicated enough without getting too much so. And the bad guy(s) get it in the end. ;)

Quite well done. Really long though. I forgot that, and ended up staying up later than intended in order to see it all.

The book is great, as well! ;)