The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Secretariat (just out / coming out) -- 6.5/10

Great story (of course), decent cast, dunky Disney execution. Give it a pass 'till DVD issue, if you are at all interested.

I like race horse movies (Seabiscuit was very well done). Secretariat was boiler plate standard Disney fluff, unfortunately. I suppose Disney thinks a "family film" means even a 2-year old can follow the entire plot, even if "the Triple Crown" needs to be explained three different times. :rolleyes:

Alrighttt I bought a bunch of movies for cheap at Zellers. I think I'm gonna go watch In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale , even though I read it's pretty crappy. I'll let you know lol.

I saw both The Social Network and Buried tonight.

The Social Network was pretty interesting actually. Felt a bit long, but it was neat to see some of the back story and just how weird things got.

Buried - I'm in a weird state, I don't know what to think about this movie right now. It was something different for sure, and its still got me thinking at the moment. I'll have to get back to everyone on this.

The club scene in this movie is MONEY :lol:

haha yeah the dance off is amazing.

Definitely not a great flick, but watch-able if you're in the right mood. imho.

Okay, thanks. I actually haven't gotten around to watching it yet though.

Finally saw Iron Man 2 this weekend.

I thought it was actually pretty decent. It wasnt as good as the first IMHO but they did something unusual for superhero flicks: they actually made the sequel different than the first. Of course any fans of Iron Man know that there's so much backstory and emotional side to the characters that they could have (or perhaps still will) used so its not like they we just making a big screen version of "the tick" but still.

Id give it a healthy 8 out of 10. Watchable & well done for its genre. Superhero movies dont "need" great acting, but when they get them in the form of a Downey Jr, Cheadle, Rockwell, Rourke etc, its that much better.

Bienvenue chez les Cht'is: Nice French comedy, actually the most-viewed film in French cinemas ever so far: 9/10

Léon: I love Luc Besson movies: 10/10

The 5th element: I still love Luc Besson movies: 10/10

Last movie I saw was "50 dead men walking"... Not a movie you wanna watch if you're from Irish Catholic decent. It's really pro-British and makes the Catholic Irish look like goons. It's a true story, the plot is good. Really didn't like how they portrayed the Protestants and the British as the victims and the Catholics like the instigators.

For story I give it 7/10.

Paranormal Activity 2: 3/10

Not worth the money to see it in theatre. Should have been called Paranormal Un activity :P ok ya that was bad, but yeah this movie is just bad. The first one was very well done. This one? not so much

Edited by Kindred

The first 3 episodes of the Star Wars saga: 9/10

Yes, only 9/10, because some fighting scenes are too long for my taste.

If I could pick one as the best, it is the 3rd one, the one where Anakin Skywalker becomes definitely Darth Vader! Epic!

Next on my schedule: The last 3 episodes of the Star Wars saga. ;)

The first 3 episodes of the Star Wars saga: 9/10

Yes, only 9/10, because some fighting scenes are too long for my taste.

If I could pick one as the best, it is the 3rd one, the one where Anakin Skywalker becomes definitely Darth Vader! Epic!

Next on my schedule: The last 3 episodes of the Star Wars saga. ;)

Revenge of the Sith is my favourite one too! ;)

The 4400 [season 2] 8.9/10