The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

I4I-vc4

Easy enough mistake. Just thought Id post it incase anyone hadnt heard of it & wanted to.

Kingfisher, on the other hand, is a great beer :)

Indeed, from India.

And King Fish is a fishburger by a Belgian fast food chain implanted also in France and Luxembourg called Quick...

And now for something completely different...

A film composed by probably the best Monty Python sketches, remade by the Pythons themselves.

8/10

Brilliant movie. In some ways its my favorite Python flick (even though they are all re-hashes from the original series). Its nice to see these old sketches re-polished for the big-screen a few years later. IMHO the timing is better on several of them compared to the original TV series.

Ghost Dog, the Way of the Samurai, film by Jim Jarmusch with Forrest Whitacker: 8/10

Scarface, film by Brian de Palma with Al Pacino: 8/10

I really dig Mafia and gangster films, one of the next movies I will watch will be "The Untouchables" with Kevin Costner, Sean Connery and Robert de Niro. ;)

I watched the movie Fighting last night. I kind of expected it to be a poor man's rocky - wasnt looking for much other than 'mindless' entertainment...but yet the idea of Terrence Howard in the film piqued my interest. He's rarely in bad movies these days.

This film was surprisingly good. The acting was probably better than it should have been & overall a pretty enjoyable flick where you cared about the characters.

Not mind-blowing, but a solid 7.5/10

I watched the movie Fighting last night. I kind of expected it to be a poor man's rocky - wasnt looking for much other than 'mindless' entertainment...but yet the idea of Terrence Howard in the film piqued my interest. He's rarely in bad movies these days.

This film was surprisingly good. The acting was probably better than it should have been & overall a pretty enjoyable flick where you cared about the characters.

Not mind-blowing, but a solid 7.5/10

Yup, I liked the movie too. Went in with absolutely zero expectations and it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Pretty solid acting too I think.

My recent movie picks were unfortunately pretty poor choices:

The Last Airbender - 2.5/10. Terrible acting combined with a frustrating storyline and couple of nice visual effects is NOT cutting it, Mr. Shyamalan.

The Social Network - 6.5/10. Decent acting and pretty solid movie overall, it's just that I really don't care about a bunch of nerds on their way to fame and glory, which is clearly my problem and not the movie's. It felt pretty long and I can't stand Jesse Eisenberg's face for some reason, although his performance was pretty good.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice - 5/10. Nicolas Cage trying to find his way out of his personal credit crunch I guess. Pretty boring and very predictable movie. Can't stand Jay Baruchel, a good friend of mine went to high school with him and claims he's a tool. I don't know for sure but I'm inclined to side with my friend here :P

Piranha - 1/10. What was I thinking? Had to award 1 brownie point for some bikini action though. :lol:

.Piranha - 1/10. What was I thinking? Had to award 1 brownie point for some bikini action though. :lol:

OK, I'll bite.

You were thinking "I hope there is some decent bikini action in this film, because that's the only reason I am wasting 1hr40 of my precious time on this lame movie."

:D;)

• 2 weeks later...

I recently saw the movie Secretariat at the theaters. I actually wound up seeing it twice, and found it to be a great movie. For those of you who don't know who Secretariat was, he was the legendary racehorse who won the Triple Crown in 1973, and demolished the Belmont Stakes, winning the race by 31 lengths and setting a record 2:24 time, which stands today. Matter of fact, his Kentucky Derby time from that year also stands as the fastest time in that race's history.

I will never forget seeing the original Secretariat on TV when he won the Triple Crown. There was such a buzz surrounding the horse, like he had a personality of his own. People who otherwise would never pay attention to horse racing followed Secretariat. Prior to Secretariat winning the Triple Crown, no horse had done it since Citation in the 1940s. Then there were three Triple Crown winners in the 1970s, Secretariat, Seattle Slew and Affirmed. No horse since Affirmed has won it.

The gal who plays Penny Tweedy was fantastic, and the whole movie was very uplifting. The horse was syndicated in 1973 and was sold for stud after the 1973 season for an astronomical multi-million dollar figure.

Penny Tweedy now says that if they had a Breeders Cup in 1973, she would have run Secretariat in that.

When Secretariat died, they performed what is called a necropsy, the animal equivalent to a human autopsy, and discovered that Secretariat had a heart 2 1/2 times larger than the typical racehorse. That explains why he was able to blow the Belmont Stakes away like he did. He was able to keep pumping blood and oxygen into his system long after the other horses had tired.

Great movie, definitely get the DVD - my rating - 10/10.

Actual footage of the real Secretariat winning all three Triple Crown races can be found on YouTube - Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes and Belmont Stakes.

I saw Cheech and Chong's latest release last night... It's called, "Hey, watch this".

I give it a 9.5/10 just for the nostalgic factor. It's cheech and chong 20+ years later on their comedy tour. For those of you in my age group who grew up watching those 2 lovable burnouts, it's a must. It had it's moments, not the funniest of the cheech and chong collection... I gave IT A 9.5 basically due to the memories I relived watching it last night.

Dave's not here man! :P:lol::P

Saw "Unstopable" with Denzel Washington, last night. Very good movie. Wife loved it but came home a little sore trying to stop that damn train all by herself. :lol:

Rate it 8 to 9 out of 10.

Frost Nixon 8/10

I'm a real history buff, whether it's political history or war or music... I love it all.

Small breakdown... After Nixon left office, he stayed away from the spotlight until an Australian Talk show host decided it would be a great idea to interview the former president. I guess Nixon thought it would be a walk in the park, since the interview was given by an Australian TV personality (I believe he was originally from the UK, but moved to Australia to start fresh). I saw it on blueray and for those who are interested in this movie and have blueray, get it!

In the blueray version they have so many extras, including the original TV interview between Frost and Nixon (not the actors playing in the movie).

Anyone who likes American politics, specially the scandals and conspiracies will love this movie.