The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

I4I-vc4

Saw The Tourist last night. Ugg.

Angelina Jolie played her role well and effectively - Depp was out of sorts & I found character/relationship really didnt work for me.

My wife chose the movie, although to be honest, I dont usually mind those sorts of films if done well. It is very much the same sort of preposterous plot & storyline that we have seen in classics like Charade (suspense thriller, romance, and comedy) which can be very effective if "pulled off." Angelina Jolie plays the role as well as Audrey Hepburn ever did, Depp falls far short of Cary Grant (which is a shame because i do believe he actually may have the charisma to do so - he just didnt in this one).

Id give it a 4/10 if only for the beautiful scenery of Venice (and Jolie :P)

Saw The Tourist last night. Ugg.

Angelina Jolie played her role well and effectively - Depp was out of sorts & I found character/relationship really didnt work for me.

My wife chose the movie, although to be honest, I dont usually mind those sorts of films if done well. It is very much the same sort of preposterous plot & storyline that we have seen in classics like Charade (suspense thriller, romance, and comedy) which can be very effective if "pulled off." Angelina Jolie plays the role as well as Audrey Hepburn ever did, Depp falls far short of Cary Grant (which is a shame because i do believe he actually may have the charisma to do so - he just didnt in this one).

Id give it a 4/10 if only for the beautiful scenery of Venice (and Jolie :P)

Was going to go see this one tonight. You may have talked me out of it now. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

Was going to go see this one tonight. You may have talked me out of it now. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

Well, remember too though that its just one guy's opinion. My wife enjoyed it & im sure some other people did too! :) Ultimately we only had a couple of choices too - small town & a couple of the movies playing (Narnia etc) I wanted to wait & take the kids to this week.

Black Swan: 8.6/10. I would go see it again. Left me feeling odd after but I enjoyed it. Loved the score and I think Portman did a good job portaying a ballet dancer. I would have wanted it to be longer. I don't know where they would have added time but I wanted to see more.

Black Swan: 8.6/10. I would go see it again. Left me feeling odd after but I enjoyed it. Loved the score and I think Portman did a good job portaying a ballet dancer. I would have wanted it to be longer. I don't know where they would have added time but I wanted to see more.

I heard the same thing from a friend, she said it left her feeling odd/confused lol

Saw Robin Hood-Men in tights for the first time in ages! 10/10

I swear Mel Brooks is a genius. There are a lot of silly, slap stick, naked gun type movies out there, but no one does it better than Mel.

As much as I hate Dicaprio, I usually like his movies... He's a good actor and Inception was probably one of the best movies of the year.

I agree with Jed, this is a great movie. 10/10

National Lampoons is also a classic and so is Bill Murray's Scrooged. They're not the "feel good" type movies, but classics just the same.

Also... I've always liked "A Christmas Story".

A Christmas Story is classic! I love that movie :lol:

I saw "The Fighter" last Sunday with Antiques Roadshow host Mark Wahlberg playing the role of world-champion fighter Mickey Ward. This movie tells the story about Ward's very dysfunctional family, and his own brother's drug problems which wind him up in prison (Dicky fought Sugar Ray Leonard in 1978, before Leonard became champion). The mother was his manager, and Mickey dumped her and his brother when he fell in love. Eventually, Dicky and Mickey reunite when Mickey fights for the title, which Mickey wins. Mickey would go on to fight Arturo Gotti in three huge fights.

The story is somewhat scattered over the place, because of the drugs and dysfunctional family, but Mickey's story is what holds everything together.

Wahlberg produced this movie himself, and I rank it 8/10. Definitely a good boxing movie worth your seeing.

saw knight and day last night. I know this one has been given moderately favorable reviews but I could get into it at all. i knew the story would be preposterous going into it - its just that sort of movie - but whatever is 10x crazier than preposterous is what it was. add to that the fact that I didnt like the interaction between Diaz & Cruz & I give it a 4/10.

Prison Break [season 1] 10/10 (Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Robert Knepper, Sarah Wayne Callies, Wade Williams)

-I think Prison Break one of the BEST shows ever made and the first season alone proves it. Rewatching this show brings back so many good memories and idkw but I get this nostalgic feeling when I'm watching it.. This show was soooo good.

I'm currently on S02E02. IMO season 1 and 3 are the best. Season 2 is very good too but just not as good as season 3. And I don't really remember season 4.. Mainly because I only watched half of it (like 11 or 12 episodes of it). 2009 was a pretty busy year for me.