The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

I4I-vc4

Paranormal Activity 2: 4.6/10

A total piece of crap really. Nothing much stands out about it. I watched it because I wanted to see how it tied into the first one which it did decently. While I didn't find the first one scary, it did have the ability to kind of freak you out if you thought about it later in the middle of the night when you were alone with nothing to do in a house that creaks at odd hours of the night. This one...Nothing.

Paranormal Activity 2: 4.6/10

A total piece of crap really. Nothing much stands out about it. I watched it because I wanted to see how it tied into the first one which it did decently. While I didn't find the first one scary, it did have the ability to kind of freak you out if you thought about it later in the middle of the night when you were alone with nothing to do in a house that creaks at odd hours of the night. This one...Nothing.

Agreed, as mediocre as they get really. I liked the first one and watched it at the cinema back then, it definitely had some scary moments and parts of the audience was really crapping their pants. Watched the sequel last week and was entirely unimpressed.

Veronika Decides to Die [2009] 8.5/10 (Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jonathan Tucker, Melissa Leo, David Thewlis)

Cherry Crush [2007] 6/10 (Jonathan Tucker, Nikki Reed, Julie Gonzalo, Michael O'Keefe, Frank Whaley)

Criminal [2004] 7.9/10 (John C. Reilly, Diego Luna, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jonathan Tucker, Peter Mullan)

The Deep End [2002] 5.9/10 (Tilda Swinton, Jonathan Tucker, Tamara Hope, Josh Lucas)

i just watched possession from Sarah Michelle Gellar and it was quite impressive. I thought it was a horror film but the story was all about something else. I would rate the movie 8/10 because if I was the director I would have preferred a different ending. :rolleyes:

Easy A [2010] 8.5/10 (Emma Stone, Penn Badgley, Amanda Bynes, Lisa Kudrow, Aly Michalka, Cam Gigandet)

7th Heaven [season 4] 8/10 (Stephen Collins, Catherine Hicks, Barry Watson, Beverley Mitchell, Jessica Biel, David Gallagher)

7th Heaven [season 5] 9.5/10 (S. Collins, C. Hicks, B. Watson, B. Mitchell, Adam LaVorgna, D. Gallagher, Mackenzie Rosman)

Bad Girls from Valley High [2005] 6/10 (Julie Benz, Jonathan Brandis, Aaron Paul, Monika Keena & Christopher Lloyd)

-Aaron Paul was hilarious!

I saw a few movies in the last little while. My reviews:

A Perfect Getaway: 9/10 This movie supplied one of the biggest "hair on the back of your neck" twists Ive seen in a loooong time. Some call it a cheat (although i really think if you follow the characters back and think about their motivation it is not) but it certainly gives a "whoa" moment. The acting is great, the characters well developed & the bait & switch is pulled off flawlessly. If you like thrillers, specifically cerebral thrillers (ie usual suspects) i think you'll like this one quite a bit. Bravo to the studio for casting lesser known stars (Steve Zahn, Timothy Olyphant etc) all of whom deliver.

Due Date: 7.5/10. I know many are calling this Planes, trains and automobiles v2.0 and thats probably a fair assessment. However, I dont know at what point this Martin & Candy movie became a 'classic.' Sure, its fun, but it is a flawed movie in its own rights. I felt that this particular version (its not a true remaker or anything, just similar plot lines) was more enjoyable. I think Robert Downey Jr is an absolutely brilliant "straight man" in a comedy. Zach Galifianakis is slowly growing into a master of the subtle comedy. My biggest gripe about this flick is that we didnt get to see more of the amazingly beautiful Michelle Monaghan. :P

Unstoppable: 8/10 This flick was waaaay better than I expected it to be. I'll preface it by saying im a big Denzel Washington fan. The man can act & has an onscreen presence that will usually get me to go to any movie he's in. That said, I am not a big 'train buff' or anything & kind of expected this movie to be well...boring. Its anything but. The characters are developed nicely, the plot lines are strong and the editing/cinematography are at once great and also totally in keeping with the film. Its a solid action movie based (very loosely) on real events. Its not without flaws, but its definitely watchable and enjoyable in my opinion.

Life as we know it: 6.5/10 Its not that this movie is particularly bad...its just not particularly good either. There are some nice parts, some funny parts and its not an entirely terrible way to pass 2 hrs, but its not going to kill you to miss it either. The actors all do a fine job with the material, but the material is luke warm at best. If you want a simple, pleasant way to spend an evening, its worth a look. Just dont expect to be blown away.

Heavenly Creatures: 9/10

Ah...Kate Winslet

;) So what's the movie about?

Heartland [season 1] 10/10 (Amber Marshall, Shaun Johnston, Graham Wardle, Jessica Amlee, Michelle Morgan, Nathaniel Arcand)

Two young teenage girls in New Zealand who create a novel/fantasy world together. The more immersed in their created world they become, the more detached they are from the "real" world around them.

That's it in a nut shell.