The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

I4I-vc4

I just watched Saving Private Ryan.

I love the way they portray the horror of battle by bringing out the sound and playing absolutely no music. They do that with a lot of the movie, actually, and it fits. And when they play the music- it reminds me of how much I love John Williams.

The way that each character brings out personalities of wartime and how they conflict and work together. The way the characters interact is gold.

I also loved the plot and all that good stuff.

10/10. I recommend it to anybody that can stand gore in movies.

Guest habs1952

I just watched Saving Private Ryan.

I love the way they portray the horror of battle by bringing out the sound and playing absolutely no music. They do that with a lot of the movie, actually, and it fits. And when they play the music- it reminds me of how much I love John Williams.

The way that each character brings out personalities of wartime and how they conflict and work together. The way the characters interact is gold.

I also loved the plot and all that good stuff.

10/10. I recommend it to anybody that can stand gore in movies.

I agree. 10/10. Great movie.

I've lately seen a couple of the X-Men movies. Not my favorite kind of movies but I really enjoyed them 8.5/10

C'mon muskeg,,,I would give that a 8/10,,,,,cuz I luv westerns with Clint. :P

So do I, and that's why one like Hang 'Em High which is, in my opinion, much weaker than others like Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Outlaw Josey Wales, High Plains Drifter, Fistful of Dollars, Unforgiven, etc. doesn't deserve a score as high a score.

The Thing (1982) - 9.5/10 If it had been made in the 90's or even say 5 years ago, it would easily have been considered a classic. It is considered a classic now but it took forever to gain a cult following. Taught, clastraphobic, still holds up well compared to some other 80's horror flicks

When you get released around the time of E.T. and Blade Runner it's easy to see why it was skipped over. Now i say if they had made it in this decade it would have been classic, well that brings me to the next movie I saw

The Thing (2011) - 4.5/10 Suppose to be a prequel to the 1982 movie. Now if you've seen the 1982 movie you already know the back story and what happens at the end. So the people that created the prequel needed to simply fill the holes and make it better. Everything is made to look like it did in 1982 and hey, they do a great job but the one thing that set me off more then anything else is this: If your going to spend big money to make a film look like another film made almost 30 years ago, why wouldn't you get a similar looking dog to the original? I mean its' not like Alaskan Malamutes, or even wolf/malamute hybrids are rare. That little tid bit bothered me because they even used stock footage from the original movie for the dog but in back to back scenes you can tell it's a different dog.

As for the plot? started off great but then fell apart. A couple loose ends that leave gaping plot holes , by the last 30 mins you feel ripped off because you've seen it all done before. And thats just ti, it is almost the same movie , just shinier and made in 2011. Worst part is if they had of scaled back and made it a little more tense (think the first jaws movie and how you didnt see the shark until the last 45 mins of the movie) it could have been a great movie. All they needed to do was just build the suspense a little more.

Guest habs1952

Pay it Forward, 8 1/2 out of 10,,,,,,about a 12 year old boy who comes up with an idea to change the world. He does 3 life-changing favours to people, and they in turn do 3 life-changing favours to other prople, and so on.

Bring tissues

Don't care for chick flicks. Give me Bond. James Bond.

her favorite patient. its on the internet. made in the 40's. very pleasant comedy which while not uproarious is genuine as the stars were truly interested in accomplishing something, or so it seemed.

Pay it Forward, 8 1/2 out of 10,,,,,,about a 12 year old boy who comes up with an idea to change the world. He does 3 life-changing favours to people, and they in turn do 3 life-changing favours to other prople, and so on.

Bring tissues

Awwwwwwwwwww did you cry?

TBH I watched that in class, didnt like it. Found it fairly corny especially the part where the boy well.....spoilers so I wont.

Bon Jovi was an interesting choice of actor though.

Awwwwwwwwwww did you cry?

TBH I watched that in class, didnt like it. Found it fairly corny especially the part where the boy well.....spoilers so I wont.

Bon Jovi was an interesting choice of actor though.

Yes,,I cried, 'cept, I tried hard not to. :)

Bon Jovi was in that? I wouldn't recognize him if he came to the door. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: 9/10

I'd rate it higher, but I can't shake the fact that I got so much more out of the book.

Saving Grace 8/10: A film about an older Scottish woman growing pot.

Le petit Nicolas 9/10: A film about the childhood of little Nicolas (not Sarkozy!), adaptation of Sempé's homonym books.

La grande vadrouille 9/10: One of the classics of French comedy, with Bourvil and Louis de Funès. A must if you like French films!