The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

I4I-vc4

Let Me In: 8/10.

Quite the good scary movie. I believe it is a remake of a European film called Let The Right One In. My only major problem was the damn score. The music was so annoying I found myself constantly wishing it would stop.

It is a remake

Let the right one in>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Let Me In

if you can find a copy with the proper voice over work done it is easily a 10/10 movie

Guest archey

Howdy people,

Anyone a steve mcqueen fan here? wondering how the movie Bullit is or any other movie he is in?

bullitt has car chases like you can't believe and a pretty good plot. but don't plan to graduate with a degree in philosophy cause you've seen it....

you're welcome. you owe me a GHC dollar. :P

• 2 weeks later...

The Dark Knight Rises

5/10

Honestly did not care for it at all. I don't know if my hopes were too high or what but i left the movie feeling cheated. I do like the ending (minus one part which i can't get into too much detail because it will spoil it for some) I found the pacing to be really bad. The whole fight between Bane and Batman was not that climactic imo.

I loved the first fight scene, I don't want to get into too much detail either but it was pretty chilling. I'll agree that the 2nd fight scene was a tad anti-climatic, especially the ending of it. I'd like to get into more detail on a couple of issues I had with the film but overall I loved it. It wasn't as good as The Dark Knight but it was a great ending to an incredible trilogy. I've seen it twice, I saw the midnight opening and I went back to see it with a clearer head. It held up just as well for me the 2nd time. I'd give it a 9-9.5/10

I loved the first fight scene, I don't want to get into too much detail either but it was pretty chilling. I'll agree that the 2nd fight scene was a tad anti-climatic, especially the ending of it. I'd like to get into more detail on a couple of issues I had with the film but overall I loved it. It wasn't as good as The Dark Knight but it was a great ending to an incredible trilogy. I've seen it twice, I saw the midnight opening and I went back to see it with a clearer head. It held up just as well for me the 2nd time. I'd give it a 9-9.5/10

The first fight scene was way better then the 2nd but to me it didn't have the build up i was expecting. Granted it would have been a lot harder to do the build up like they did in the comics but it still felt flat to me.

I do like the ending, its just everything leading up to it i didnt care for B)

edit: stupid double post

Insidious: 2/10

Once again EVERYONE tells my wife and I how scary and good this movie is. First 30 mins it wasn't that bad. Then the 2nd half followed those famous lines from Ozzy Osborne

"Going off the rails on a Crazy Train"

The 2nd half derails the first half and just kills the movie.

Paranormal Activity 3: 7/10.

Sufficiently creepy. Enough to get my girlfriend cuddled up under the covers with me. Mission accomplished Paranormal Activity! :lol: I did feel, however, that the first film in this franchise was better. After watching number 1 and number 3 (I've not seen the middle film) I feel like the franchise has already "run it's course" though.

Paranormal Activity 3: 7/10.

Sufficiently creepy. Enough to get my girlfriend cuddled up under the covers with me. Mission accomplished Paranormal Activity! :lol: I did feel, however, that the first film in this franchise was better. After watching number 1 and number 3 (I've not seen the middle film) I feel like the franchise has already "run it's course" though.

the 1st film was very good, as crappy as the sequels have been i do like how they are tying everything together and making a back story to why these events happen.

the 1st film was very good, as crappy as the sequels have been i do like how they are tying everything together and making a back story to why these events happen.

Perhaps I should re-watch them (and watch the second one). I was feeling like there was some connection between the third film and the first, but I couldn't quite figure it out as I could barely remember the details to the first one. I could just remember it frightening the heck out of me.

Sunshine: 8/10.

Danny Boyle film. I'm not sure if it came before or after 28 Days Later. I enjoyed it immensely even though you really had to suspend your disbelief to enjoy it. The sun is dying and a team has been sent from Earth to reignite it using some sort of explosive device.

Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark: 5/10.

I never really watched Indy growing up, and this had me bored out of my mind. Not that it's a bad movie, I just didn't enjoy it personally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest habs1952

Howdy people,

Anyone a steve mcqueen fan here? wondering how the movie Bullit is or any other movie he is in?

Not a 'fan' of McQueen but Bullit was pretty good for it's era. The Great Escape with McQueen in it is a very good movie. Highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...

I read that in the "Great Escape" he did most of his own motorcycle riding.

Im actually a bit of a great escape buff (the actual event) so i naturally loved the film.

Mcqueen did MOST of his own riding except a few far shots including the jump his character performs. That was Bud Ekins.

He also did the motorcycling for a few of the Germans chasing him :P

I read that in the "Great Escape" he did most of his own motorcycle riding.

Im actually a bit of a great escape buff (the actual event) so i naturally loved the film.

Mcqueen did MOST of his own riding except a few far shots including the jump his character performs. That was Bud Ekins.

I like to read the "trivia" ,,,and "goofs" on each of the movies I watch. It's surprising what you can find out about the movie. :)

• 3 weeks later...