The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

I4I-vc4

I thought this movie had really bad acting. we read the book in school and the movie doesn't compare to the book. I read the book 5 times, i would never see that movie more than once.

Well I've never read the book. Perhaps that's the reason why I liked the movie. :P I gave it a 7.8 not a 10 so it wasn't all good, but not all bad either.

Don't expect the movie to be everything the book was to you. ;)

2012 - another run of the mill computer generated blockbuster

I will give you my official rating in approx 2.5 years. :)

Haha!

Story-wise I thought it was horrible and trite, but the visuals would give it at least a 5/10 for me. It really was pretty spectacular in "look" at least.

I started watching Where the Wild Things Are Last night - couldnt get more than 1/2 hr into it. We'll try again another time & i'll give my opinion then, but for me it seemed really uninteresting & odd. Perhaps because I have too many strong memories of how the book made me feel & the movie is obviously just a jumping off point from that...

Shutter Island 7/10

It ran a bit long at times but overall it was pretty exciting. Nothing spectacular but I can think of a lot of worse ways to invest a couple hours.

Saw Shutter Island too, last night. I give it an 8 -- great story (comes from a decent book), movie execution was just a little off. I really like those convoluted stories that come together at the end, and you look back and go 'a-ha!". ;) One of my fav actresses in it (Emily Mortimer :) ); 'course she was so wonderfully, spooky, cooky weird, she's now gone and freaked me out some. :lol:

2012: when every single event in a movie is an incredibly close close call .... :blink: .... I know they are trying to make it an "unbelievable movie", but believe me, when it is THAT unbelievable, well, I just can't enjoy it much. Watch it for the special effects.

Cop Out (Bruce Willis) - 2.5/10

It was a big time disappointment. I did not like Bruce Willis' sidekick. The movie had zany childlike humour and there was no real flow throughout to film.

Thanks for the heads up. I was planning to go see this. Thanks to you I will save my money.

Shutter Island 7/10

It ran a bit long at times but overall it was pretty exciting. Nothing spectacular but I can think of a lot of worse ways to invest a couple hours.

Saw Shutter Island too, last night. I give it an 8 -- great story (comes from a decent book), movie execution was just a little off. I really like those convoluted stories that come together at the end, and you look back and go 'a-ha!". ;) One of my fav actresses in it (Emily Mortimer :) ); 'course she was so wonderfully, spooky, cooky weird, she's now gone and freaked me out some. :lol:

thanks! i'm going to see it tonight. pretty psyched but i now consider myself forewarned. :)