The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

I4I-vc4

shutter island: 8.5/10

loved it! i think i enjoyed it more knowing it was flawed. it didn't seem too long in the end and while there were a couple of things that could've been executed better the overall mood, story and the ride it took me on was just amazing; creepy as hell but amazing. great tribute to bmovies of the past. highly recommend it.

loved it! i think i enjoyed it more knowing it was flawed. it didn't seem too long in the end and while there were a couple of things that could've been executed better the overall mood, story and the ride it took me on was just amazing; creepy as hell but amazing. great tribute to bmovies of the past. highly recommend it.

Had you read the book prior to seeing the movie?

I am glad you enjoyed it, Bigs.

In that case you may also enjoy (on DVD) the work of Director Brad Anderson, if you don't know of him already.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0026442/

Two of his movies are up there on my all time fav list:

• The Machinist (2004) (still Christian Bale's best acting work to date; put himself through the wringer (literally) for this movie)
  • Transsiberian (2008) (with Emily Moritimer, again :) )
IMO, Anderson is one of the best "students of Hitchcock" at work today.

Had you read the book prior to seeing the movie?

no. should i?

I am glad you enjoyed it, Bigs.

In that case you may also enjoy (on DVD) the work of Director Brad Anderson, if you don't know of him already.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0026442/

Two of his movies are up there on my all time fav list:

• The Machinist (2004) (still Christian Bale's best acting work to date; put himself through the wringer (literally) for this movie)
  • Transsiberian (2008) (with Emily Moritimer, again :) )
IMO, Anderson is one of the best "students of Hitchcock" at work today.

i loved the machininst in a disturbing, uncomfortable way. one of the things i loved about it was that i was uncomfortable the entire movie but still curiously entertained. i found with, say, the wrestler that i was uncomfortable to the point where i was no longer entertained and i couldn't watch. i like directors (christopher nolan is one of them) who create a mood that brings you into the film and plot becomes secondary to the journey.

i'll have to check out trassiberian. thanks for the tip! :D

no. should i?

i loved the machininst in a disturbing, uncomfortable way. one of the things i loved about it was that i was uncomfortable the entire movie but still curiously entertained. i found with, say, the wrestler that i was uncomfortable to the point where i was no longer entertained and i couldn't watch. i like directors (christopher nolan is one of them) who create a mood that brings you into the film and plot becomes secondary to the journey.

i'll have to check out trassiberian. thanks for the tip! :D

Definitely! Especially if there are things you did not understand about the movie. It's such a good book that you might even like it better than the film. :P

Star Trek 8/10

The Road: 6/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/

Viggo Mortensen and Charlize Theron make up for a lot but I couldn't help but find this movie extremely long, although it wasn't really. Generally okay but there's certainly better ways to kill 2 hours.

8/10 for me. But I know what you are saying. I thought it was a tough book conversion to tackle; I am not sure they could have done any better a job.

The book, of course, was 10/10 for me (and others). It was the prose as much (or more so) than the story or charachters. Pulitzer Prize winner.

Viggo, as many of us know, is a huge Habs fan. Wore a CH sweater underneath his costumes throughout filming of LOTR.

8/10 for me. But I know what you are saying. I thought it was a tough book conversion to tackle; I am not sure they could have done any better a job.

The book, of course, was 10/10 for me (and others). It was the prose as much (or more so) than the story or charachters. Pulitzer Prize winner.

Viggo, as many of us know, is a huge Habs fan. Wore a CH sweater underneath his costumes throughout filming of LOTR.

I can only talk about the movie because I didn't read the book (yet) but I can imagine it wasn't easy to convert to the big screen. It's just a pity because the movie felt like there could have been much more but well ... there wasn't. It's very slow paced in general and there's not a whole lot happening, which probably works perfectly in the book, but I don't know, I guess I was expecting a little more. Maybe I should've read the book before watching the movie in this case ;)

Forgetting Sarah Marshall: 2/10

Why did I even agree to watch this?

Wow, im kind of shocked - for me this was easily the funniest movie I saw all year. No topic was sacred - and yet no matter how they were handled, they all seemed sincere. But I guess thats what makes us all interesting: different opinions. :)

Wow, im kind of shocked - for me this was easily the funniest movie I saw all year. No topic was sacred - and yet no matter how they were handled, they all seemed sincere. But I guess thats what makes us all interesting: different opinions. :)

Differing senses of humor, I guess.

I did rate it right after I saw it. I bet if I thought about it a little more I might bump it up a few points.

Definitely! Especially if there are things you did not understand about the movie. It's such a good book that you might even like it better than the film. :P

thanks for the reading material guys. i've added them to my list. :D

i loved the road too. i knew what to expect going in so i was really curious to see the execution of the film, which i thought was excellent. now that you've brought it up, i'm shocked viggo wasn't nominated for an oscar for that role (even though i'm always disappointed with the oscar selections, or popularity/sympathy votes, it still bothers me). he was outstanding, imho.

Green Zone 8/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0947810/

Solid action movie with some political dimension. Don't expect the movie to provide any answers and you're in for a nice ride ;)

But, we do know the answer, already. Dubya said there were WMD's and there weren't any. ;)

Same rating from me, and I enjoyed the movie too. It obviously gives off a Bourne after glow, given Damon stars and Greengras (Bourne 2 & 3) directs.