Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roy_133

Dominic Moore

390 posts in this topic

In my book, that was a decision which is... FULL OF BOLLOCKS!!! :angry: The man proved he could do well for us on our checking lines and was vital in pushing Lapierre back up to his standards. Say whatever you want about him, but we locked up Darche and other 3rd-liners who are nowhere what Moore could give.

Again, there's nothing PG can make me happy in a number of decisions so far except for trading Sergei K.

But I doubt that Moore would have signed for what Darche and the other 3rd/4th liners signed for.

He had to settle for a smaller salary in Florida cos what he originally wanted was shot down... Guess some guys never learn.

Salary cap world people... The days of average type players raking in the big bucks is over.

Tell that to Manny Malhotra

pg confirmed he wont be bringing moore back...thanked him for his play...

source: hi/o

also, we wont be signing fischer so we get a compensatory 2nd round pick next year...so essentially we got moore for free :)

I guess if we want Eller as a center it kind of makes sense. I'm sure there's lots of teams who would love to have him, but it sounds like in the past he has been incredibly greedy and it's always come back to bite him.

I guess if we want Eller as a center it kind of makes sense. I'm sure there's lots of teams who would love to have him, but it sounds like in the past he has been incredibly greedy and it's always come back to bite him.

I expect Dustin Boyd to replace Moore's spot on the roster.

I expect Dustin Boyd to replace Moore's spot on the roster.

Is Eller going to be a winger? Or you don't think he'll make the team?

It would make sense to convert him to a winger, since he projects as a scorer and the top 2 centers are pretty locked in for the long haul.

I don't know Graeme.

I am going by the Habs article "Who is Dustin Boyd?"

"A two-way center originally drafted by the Flames in 2004, Boyd spent three seasons in Calgary before being dealt to the Predators at the trade deadline this past year. Acquired to help Nashville in their playoff push last spring, the soon-to-be 24 year-old promptly led his new team in the face-off circle, winning over 58% of his draws."

"Now with his third NHL team, Boyd provides the Habs with help at center in light of Dominic Moore and Glen Metropolit likely having played their last games in Montreal."

He had to settle for a smaller salary in Florida cos what he originally wanted was shot down... Guess some guys never learn.

Salary cap world people... The days of average type players raking in the big bucks is over.

Unless they sign with the Rangers :lol:

In my book, that was a decision which is... FULL OF BOLLOCKS!!! :angry: The man proved he could do well for us on our checking lines and was vital in pushing Lapierre back up to his standards. Say whatever you want about him, but we locked up Darche and other 3rd-liners who are nowhere what Moore could give. will be paid nowhere near as much as Moore is.

Again, there's nothing PG can make me happy in a number of decisions so far except for trading Sergei K.

Fixed it for you ;)

It would make sense to convert him to a winger, since he projects as a scorer and the top 2 centers are pretty locked in for the long haul.

By the time Eller is established as a top-six forward in the NHL, Gomez's contract will be up. Gomez will be 35, Eller 25. And Gomez will be easier to trade in the final two years of his contract, when his actual salary decreases. I'd rather bring Lars up as a center to take over Gomez's position.

Anyhow, back to Moore. Whatever. People fetishize third-line players for reasons beyond my comprehension. Dominic gave us good service, but he was going to cost more than we could afford against the cap, so Gauthier jettisoned him and went with younger, cheaper options. Exactly what you should be doing with your lower-line players. And it's not like Moore has been swamped by contract offers from other teams either. ;)

By the time Eller is established as a top-six forward in the NHL, Gomez's contract will be up. Gomez will be 35, Eller 25. And Gomez will be easier to trade in the final two years of his contract, when his actual salary decreases. I'd rather bring Lars up as a center to take over Gomez's position.

Anyhow, back to Moore. Whatever. People fetishize third-line players for reasons beyond my comprehension. Dominic gave us good service, but he was going to cost more than we could afford against the cap, so Gauthier jettisoned him and went with younger, cheaper options. Exactly what you should be doing with your lower-line players. And it's not like Moore has been swamped by contract offers from other teams either. ;)

It's just too bad we had to give up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd line rental player.

It's just too bad we had to give up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd line rental player.

We made the conference finals, barely. Moore was worth it.

Additionally, we don't have that many roster spots in Hamilton and on the habs that matter for more prospects. There's not much benefit to an overflowing cupboard.

It was well worth it. We wouldn't have made it this far without Moore since he was the missing cog to make the third line roll...

Besides, a draft pick is like 80% luck.

Great playoff from Moore. The second goal in game 7 of the Washington series was incredible.

You are missing a point here. When was last time we had a third liner that damn good for the Habs? That's right: I'm talking about Mike Keane, and Moore had shades of Mike Keane all over when he played for us. Would you have dropped Mike Keane back in the days when he had plenty of hockey left despite advancing in age? The combination Moore made with Lapierre in the playoffs was simply deadly, true poison for the opposition.

It's not only about the player, it's also about pure existing chemistry. Anyway, I'm bloody mad to see these muppets from Tampa Bay picking again in our backyard while the contract he just signed for was pretty decent.

Edited by ForeverGuyLafleur

You are missing a point here. When was last time we had a third liner that damn good for the Habs? That's right: I'm talking about Mike Keane, and Moore had shades of Mike Keane all over when he played for us. Would you have dropped Mike Keane back in the days when he had plenty of hockey left despite advancing in age? The combination Moore made with Lapierre in the playoffs was simply deadly, true poison for the opposition.

It's not only about the player, it's also about pure existing chemistry. Anyway, I'm bloody mad to see these muppets from Tampa Bay picking again in our backyard while the contract he just signed for was pretty decent.

I'm really beginning to dislike TB and Yzerman he's pilfered the next coach of the Habs Boucher, his assistant and now Moore. I really liked what Moore brought to the team and the comparison to Keane is right on he reminds me alot of him. I just hate that we gave up a 2nd round pick on a player that was a rental and didn't even play a full season. The Habs need to hang onto those picks instead of just throwing them away.

I'm really beginning to dislike TB and Yzerman he's pilfered the next coach of the Habs Boucher, his assistant and now Moore. I really liked what Moore brought to the team and the comparison to Keane is right on he reminds me alot of him. I just hate that we gave up a 2nd round pick on a player that was a rental and didn't even play a full season. The Habs need to hang onto those picks instead of just throwing them away.

Don't we have a 2nd from not signing Fischer?

Don't we have a 2nd from not signing Fischer?

From who?

That's the only thing that bothered me at the time and still does. If we were to keep him, then I could justify giving up a 2nd round pick.

Well whatever, it's done now.

G'luck in T-Bay Dominic.

yes 50th overall

How did we know that it is going to be 50th overall? Doesn't it depend on how well the team that signed Fischer fare during the season? It may very well be 50th overall for all that we know. But couldn't it go anywhere between 31st to 60th?

How did we know that it is going to be 50th overall? Doesn't it depend on how well the team that signed Fischer fare during the season? It may very well be 50th overall for all that we know. But couldn't it go anywhere between 31st to 60th?

The pick is compensation because we drafted him in the first round and he never ended up signing with us when we owned his rights. The pick is at the same place that we drafted him except in the second round. Hence, 50th overall.

Edited by beaubie

I like Halpern alot but I really wish we had kept Moore, him and Lappy had great chemistry