Followers 0
fourtrax

Benoit Pouliot

248 posts in this topic

#57 Benoit Pouliot

8471678.jpg

BioStatsVideoDraft Class
QUOTE LIBRARY

“My strengths are my shot and my skating and I know I’m capable of bringing that offensive element to the table,” continued the Alfred, ON native. “It was maybe another story in the playoffs, but I think I started to show that a bit in the regular season. This year was a great learning experience for me.” Canadiens.com, June 6 2010

#57 Benoit Pouliot

8471678.jpg

BioStatsVideoDraft Class

QUOTE LIBRARY

“My strengths are my shot and my skating and I know I’m capable of bringing that offensive element to the table,” continued the Alfred, ON native. “It was maybe another story in the playoffs, but I think I started to show that a bit in the regular season. This year was a great learning experience for me.” Canadiens.com, June 6 2010

Reading this quote just confirmed what I've seen and what I expect from Benoit. When he gains some weight and a little more speed the opposition is going to be facing a bigger threat from that line than last year.

Prove me wrong Benny. Show me that the weight you gained this summer will help your game.

Just stop poncing about and play a simple, direct game please, Benny.

You've got a great shot so..........

That great shot will beat goalies much more often if you're near the paint when you take it, too.

A good season now could set you up for a very financially-rewarding career, along with the fringe benefits that being a hockey hero in Montreal would obviously bring.

Edited by Walrus26

Benny has got to take a good long look at his linemate Gionta and style his game to mimick his, hard in the corners and straight to the front of the net. Just imagine Benny's size with Gionta's style of play, he would be a BEAST!

Benny has got to take a good long look at his linemate Gionta and style his game to mimick his, hard in the corners and straight to the front of the net. Just imagine Benny's size with Gionta's style of play, he would be a BEAST!

thiss

+1

He'll mature. He'll take it up a notch this season. The young dogs are barking at his heels to get in, and with quality linemates like he has to play beside, he'll grow. Rush that net, dig them corners Benny, it only hurts a while, the W sticks all season long.

Except for those stretches when Gionta stops going to the net and starts taking long unscreened shots from just inside the blue line. Brian has his own problems with consistent net presence. Granted, on our team, his net presence makes him Tomas Holmstrom, but he does have slumps where he gets boxed out of the dirty areas way too easily.

Chicken you better show up! I am so worried that he will be a bust,

There's still hope with this guy. At one point, he was scoring almost every game lol.

But one thing I notice was that he becomes practically invisible after a goal =/

If he scores consistently his line will be called the Chicken Line (similar to the Pizza Line with the Senators)...

If he scores consistently his line will be called the Chicken Line (similar to the Pizza Line with the Senators)...

don't want to think about what his line is going to be called if he/they don't produce. :lol:

:lol: :lol: laughing so much i have tears .... this thing is SO STUPID!!!! :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: laughing so much i have tears .... this thing is SO STUPID!!!! :lol: :lol:

should be the song they play when we score 5 in the bell

should be the song they play when we score 5 in the bell

La Cage aux Sports may object to pay for Domino's ads ;)

La Cage aux Sports may object to pay for Domino's ads ;)

If not for the Cage aux Sports' promo offer, which gives away free chicken wings when the Habs score 5 goals or more, I'd never nickname Pouliot or his line Chicken (Line).

on twitter the line is called the giantmexicanchicken line gotta laugh

on twitter the line is called the giantmexicanchicken line gotta laugh

now all we need is speedy gonzales Gomez to get the cheese

now all we need is speedy gonzales Gomez to get the cheese

That and Pouliot scoring consistently.

This player is the 3rd key to the 2010-2011 season behind : 1 - Carey Price and 2 - PK Subban.

IF BP gives us a 25 goal campaign without any prolonged slumps, the Habs will be top 6 in the conference MMW.

if this guy starts off the season like he ended last one... I wonder if minnesota would like to trade for latendresse for a few months hah

This player is the 3rd key to the 2010-2011 season behind : 1 - Carey Price and 2 - PK Subban.

IF BP gives us a 25 goal campaign without any prolonged slumps, the Habs will be top 6 in the conference MMW.

:blink: really?