Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fourtrax

Benoit Pouliot

248 posts in this topic

I didn't think he was that bad last night, he was a plus one, he had an assist, he was not on the ice for any goals against, watch the second goal, it all started becuase of pouliot hard on the forecheck.

Your top end players like pleks, ak, gomez and gino were invisible, puliot was moved back to the third and fouth lines, they gave us all our offence.

Edited by caperns

I didn't think he was that bad last night, he was a plus one, he had an assist, he was not on the ice for any goals against, watch the second goal, it all started becuase of pouliot hard on the forecheck.

Your top end players like pleks, ak, gomez and gino were invisible, puliot was moved back to the third and fouth lines, they gave us all our offence.

He will be one of Coach Martin's patsies this season... And I wonder how Benny will respond.

you're right, that's probably the best course to take ... but i (rather 'we' here as a family) have nicknames for all the habs. i think the one we have for pouliot should not be used on this forum though so i'll stick with his real name or go with boring 'Benny' :lol:

I would have used that nickname only if he scored consistently. Otherwise I would have not used any nickname...

I thought Pouliot played really well last night...at least he was noticeable.

Gomez on the other hand...geez it just kills me all that cap space gone to someone making zero impact.

But this is the Benny thread, and I thought he was flying around out there, hitting, and making some things happen.

He will be one of Coach Martin's patsies this season... And I wonder how Benny will respond.

i am still wondering why we signed him and for more too boot yet.

Maybe I was watching a different game but I thought Benny was invisible last night.

I'd really hoped after the playoffs last year, he'd come out flying to start the season. Now it's important not to put too much stock in one game, but definately not encouraging. Pouliot is no longer a rookie, he's 24 years old and time is running out.

i am still wondering why we signed him and for more too boot yet.

Another great move by our GM. :rolleyes:

Pouliot's game was pretty good for a checking line and other than one errant pass, he played well.

Pouliot's game was pretty good for a checking line and other than one errant pass, he played well.

Uh, he's not on a checking line. He's on a scoring line and he's expected to produce points.

Also, the idea of Pouliot as a checker makes me want to laugh hysterically. He's arguably the least defensively responsible player on our team.

Uh, he's not on a checking line. He's on a scoring line and he's expected to produce points.

Also, the idea of Pouliot as a checker makes me want to laugh hysterically. He's arguably the least defensively responsible player on our team.

i thought he got moved down during the game? and lol. at least he had an assist.

Exactly, although on a positive note I did see some encouraging physical play in the offensive boards during the times I was watching tonight.

i thought he got moved down during the game? and lol. at least he had an assist.

He got moved down after two periods because he was the only forward in the Toronto game playing worse than Gomez and Gionta. But his natural spot should be on a scoring line. We didn't flip Latendresse for Pouliot just to make Pouliot a fourth-line checker. We already have plenty of those. ;)

Exactly, although on a positive note I did see some encouraging physical play in the offensive boards during the times I was watching tonight.

Yup, definitely encouraging. If he's not scoring, at least he can pound enemy d-men into the boards and loosen them up for the Plekanec line. It's not much, but it's a start at any rate.

i think pouliot is curving nicely into a role more characterized for him, hes a big kid and looks more suited to play a "power forward" type play with potential snipe capability this is how i see him blooming

Pouliot played another good game this time on his regular line, he does have talent and he has only been a Hab for less than a year. It's sad the expectations some of the fans have for our players, give Pouliot a chance to play at least one season before cutting his legs out from under him. Offering constructive criticism is one thing if you watch the player and you know what your talking about. These are our players,we are their fans if you haven't anything constructive to say then say nothing or cheer our Habs don't be ignorant or rude and boo them. I really hope that we as fans never have to hear these boobirds again let's hope our home opener will be as classy as our Montreal Canadiens.Go Habs Go!

Still not as bad as some have said IMO... but has to pick up his game going to the net.

One came see he is trying to use his body more and with confidence he might surprise some people.

Yup, definitely encouraging. If he's not scoring, at least he can pound enemy d-men into the boards and loosen them up for the Plekanec line. It's not much, but it's a start at any rate.

Agreed. Imho he's been much more involved in the play the first few games this year. Last year, even during his tear when he first got here, he seemed to be in the clouds for many shifts. Hes involved in the play & making it hard on the opposition against the boards. That has to open up some ics for Gomez & Gio. Right now, however, they are not using it.

Pouliot has learned his lesson after the playoffs, he came in shape,gained the 10 lbs the Habs wanted him to and he's going to the net and making plays. Hurrah for Benoit you can do it.

At the very least, he's doing enough to earn a longer look at whether he should stay in the top 6. And he sneakily put up two assists in his first 2 games.

Would like to see him develop a quicker release by watching Cammy in practice. He has a deceptively hard shot and excellent reach, with Gomez on his line, an element he can add to his game that would help him and the line tremendously would be the backdoor one-timer. He possesses the requisite tools, the biggest one missing right now is confidence.

You can see it in the way he handles the puck and even when he gets a good look, there's a 0.5 second delay, which is enough to disturb the flow of his play. What Benoit Pouliot really needs is a nice individual goal, followed by 'attaboy' ice-time. With confidence and a dedicated plan to help him improve, this kid still has a very high ceiling.

At the very least, he's doing enough to earn a longer look at whether he should stay in the top 6. And he sneakily put up two assists in his first 2 games.

Agreed.

As much as id like to see Eller get more ice time with skilled linemates, neither Pouliot, nor AK really deserve to lose their spots just yet.

lets trade him hes not gonna turn into anything trade him back to minnesota for gillies

lets trade him hes not gonna turn into anything trade him back to minnesota for gillies

why would you say that? hes off to a good start, hes got 2 points in 2 games and hes throwing his weight around

I'm definitely not calling for his head yet. He's point per game right now even though its really early. He needs a fair chance. I think he has looked better so far this year in the early going. Only some times I find he is soft on the puck and gives it away too much instead of making a smart play with it. But we haven't seen enough yet this season to get restless. Hope he builds and has a solid game out there tonight creating space for Gionta and racks up a couple more points.